Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SWEET SMELL OF CABARET  (Read 19515 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:SWEET SMELL OF CABARET
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2006, 06:06:19 PM »

Whew!  Page 4.
[/color][/b]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »

TD-HAPPY BIRTHDAY![/size]

It's true, you are missed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:13:10 PM by Jane »

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2006, 06:13:56 PM »

We are back from the first of my mother-in-law's 90th birthday celebrations.  Our nieces and their father (Richard's older brother) did most of the work.  After the open house, which was attended by 80+ people, 12 of us went to a buffet restaurant for dinner.  Great-nephew Nathan, who was born on his great-grandma's 88th birthday, brought his parents and he amost stole the show from the birthday (minus 4 months) girl.  She didn't mind a bit.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2006, 06:15:55 PM »

Jennifer-Hope you are feeling better.  There is hope for you.  Most of my life I caught every cold, virus, etc there was to get.  For some reason, and I’m not complaining, I often don’t get a cold when everyone else around me has been sick.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2006, 06:21:07 PM »

Ginny-I’m so glad you are staying at the Comfort Inn.  I’m looking forward to meeting DH Richard.

Pricilla-the hotel doesn’t mind extra guests sleeping on the floor or an air mattress.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2006, 06:21:53 PM »

Jane -- How ironic that we just talked about Susan Butcher!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2006, 06:23:22 PM »

Have fun in NYC Cilla...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »

TCB, did you see my question to you on yesterdays thread?
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »

Tomovoz-pretty spring photo.
Colin’s painting is beautiful.

George-I enjoyed all of your photos, lovely roses.  It was nice to see FJL, Skip & Penny.

Ginny, nothing like a cute kid to add joy to the occasion. :)

DRLaura-I knew there were two shooters, just hadn’t heard they were working together.  So sad but thank goodness they have been stopped.

Jane

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2006, 06:29:05 PM »

TCB-I had to go check the news.  How sad-way too young.  When we saw her 11 years ago she had just had a baby.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2006, 06:33:05 PM »

Terribly sad indeed about her...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »

Hello Jane!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2006, 06:35:19 PM »

Wonder what bk will say with a little over 100 posts at this hour???

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2006, 06:36:05 PM »

Elmore, I echo your frustrations with Lady M...

I have my dealings with Aunt Vulture! I had nicely gotten back to Fargo and stuff brought in from the car and she called and said that my father should turn the land over to them etc, etc... I hung up... What my dad does with the land is his business...  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:37:19 PM by DakotaCelt »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2006, 06:36:46 PM »

TCB, did you see my question to you on yesterdays thread?

What was the question?
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: August 06, 2006, 06:38:13 PM »

What was the question?

If you ever had a mullet?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2006, 06:39:16 PM »

I was on a posting frenzy of 80s fashion and I was all alone and I wondered what you, MattH, Jrand, Tom and FJL would look like in a mullet.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2006, 06:39:36 PM »

Jane and Laura, did you have Mall hair in the 80s?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2006, 06:40:22 PM »

What I find interesting is that some phrases valspeak are still being used...

Jane

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2006, 06:40:51 PM »

Hi DakotaCelt. :)

Did you say Aunt Vulture (love it) is an aunt by marriage?

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »

Ah - i just read the Playbill article... the play sounds a lot like a novel a friend of mine wrote recently...

Actually it isn't as much like the novel as you might think.  There is murder and mystery there and the clues are all there etc, but it isn't a hard core who done it, it's more of a valentine to show business.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2006, 06:43:38 PM »

Jane and Laura, did you have Mall hair in the 80s?

As in mullet?  Did I miss your description of a Mall do?  
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:44:33 PM by Jane »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2006, 06:43:52 PM »

Hi DakotaCelt. :)

Did you say Aunt Vulture (love it) is an aunt by marriage?

Yes, it is my dad's sister in law... she is a con artist and you have to watch both her and her husband very carefully. I do not trust them

She is also a distant cousin to my dad...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:44:23 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »

EVen better yet Jane, my mother calls her Jaws

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2006, 06:46:55 PM »

Cilla did you have Mall Hair in the 80s?

Mall hair was when it was teased and sprayed and literally stiff and tall from hair spray

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2006, 06:47:26 PM »

a mullet is short on the sides and top and long in the back

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2006, 06:47:48 PM »

I even had photographs of the mullet on one of the last two pages of yesterday's discussion

Jane

« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »

Is your father aware of what is going on?  

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2006, 06:48:42 PM »

Well, surprise surprise, I'm back in Sioux City.   I just got so tired up there and it was just time to leave so I did.  My friend leaves tomorrow, but my brother is back from Chicago tonight and they had planned to spend time together, so I decided to come and sleep in tomorrow.   I think it was a good choice.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2006, 06:50:05 PM »

Cilla did you have Mall Hair in the 80s?

Mall hair was when it was teased and sprayed and literally stiff and tall from hair spray

No.  I never liked mall hair. I was in college, law school and practicing law, not really the place for mall hair
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up