Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAMING OF FOOD  (Read 32560 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:DREAMING OF FOOD
« Reply #300 on: August 17, 2006, 09:58:22 PM »

Three of the more booming baritone/bass voices in my experience have been Norman Treigle (may he rest in peace) - who was about 5'10 and weighed maybe a buck-oh-five; Justino Diaz - about 5'10 and maybe 140; and my ex, Charles Long, who back in the day, was 5'10 and weighed between 136-140 on a good day. Sam Ramey - another old pal, was/is about 5'11 and in HIS heyday, weighed probably 150. They all shared costumes at New York City Opera. They all played villains...

Any and all of those guys could have sung the sweet Bejeezus outa Sweeney. I don't know if Johnny Depp can sing, but I wouldn't question his dramatic/physical rightness for the role...

Ahh...I stand corrected. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #301 on: August 17, 2006, 10:00:23 PM »

Maybe it was the 1974 Matador Coupe you were thinking of...

unfortunately that is not what I had  :-\
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:00:53 PM by MBarnum »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:23 PM »

Happy Birthday (a little late) DR SWoody!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MBarnum

« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

BK, I am excited that you are going to watch SCANDAL! I hope you will enjoy it as much as JRand55 and I did...it is my most favorite Toshiro Mifune movie thus far.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 10:02:52 PM by MBarnum »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

TOD: I rather like my 1998 Corolla. I want my next car to be a Corolla, too, but with an option or two.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #305 on: August 17, 2006, 10:05:03 PM »

Dear Esteemed, benevolent, and multi-talented BK --

I'm really sorry that your evening intention of a really fabulous bunch of eats fell through.  In the parlance of the young, "that sucks!"

But to finish out the TOD (before retiring to bed) :

DP Kerry and I have had a really unusual string of cars over the years, sometimes having more than one of these at the same time.  

The first 2 on the list were my daily drivers for 12 to 15 years!

1956 Ford Thunderbird convertible hardtop
1933 Packard standard 8 4-door sedan
1972 Cadillac Eldorado hardtop
1975 Cadillac series 75 Limo sedan
1976 Cadillac Seville
1971 Karmann-Ghia
1959 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud I
1990 Ford Taurus
1995 Ford Explorer "Eddie Bauer" -red - (mid life crisis!)
4 or so Chrysler mini-vans
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
2005 Toyota Prius

I admitted earlier that it was a most varied and eclectic bunch of cars!

G'night BK

G'night DRs

MBarnum

« Reply #306 on: August 17, 2006, 10:05:21 PM »

I am going in to work late tomorrw which means I can sleep in, which means I can stay up and get an early start on my Bollywood movie of the weekend...

SANGDIL (1952) a romantic melodramas starring Madhubala and Dilip Kumar.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2006, 10:07:14 PM »

And I saved the best for last... (but I'm sorry that I don't have a picture to post)...

DP Kerry's "extra car" at the moment is....

(....drum roll......)

a 1959 American Motors Metropolitan, turqoise and white.

We call it "Benny," after Benny The Cab in Roger Rabbitt!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #308 on: August 17, 2006, 10:09:43 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Greetings from NYC!  I'm back!  -At least for about 24 hours... well, maybe more like 19-20... Ah, well...

In any case, I'm going to have to ready myself for bed since I have auditions to play in the morning.  -And since it took me an hour and a half(!!!!!!!!) to get across the GW Bridge tonight - UGH!  *I went against my whim to take the Lincoln Tunnel for a change... I should have known better than to deny my instincts... In any case...  Sleep is needed, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: August 17, 2006, 10:10:33 PM »

Dear reader Laura, I have some opening night to go to on Saturday - some Mexican ballet or something - it's at the Alex Theatre in Glendale, so I'll only be ten minutes from Pasadena.

George

« Reply #310 on: August 17, 2006, 10:18:08 PM »

A Public Service Announcement that I filmed for the Tacoma Little Theatre, back in January, has started airing on all of the Northwest cable channels.  Since most of you don't watch cable in Washington State; if you want, you can check out the 30 second spot at this website:

That's wonderful, TCB!  Congrats!  You're famous!  Now...when are you going to be on MTV? :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #311 on: August 17, 2006, 10:20:26 PM »

I just wanted to say that I did something highly unusual today!
http://www.wpxi.com/news/9694555/detail.html?treets=burg&tid=2656709402813&tml=burg_12pm&tmi=burg_12pm_1_11000208172006&ts=H
 . . .AND that I was successful enough to make the finals!
http://www.wpxi.com/video/9697692/index.html
I was interviewed and will know in two to three weeks, via postcard and telephone call, whether I should start packing for another trip to the Big Apple. . .

Good luck!!  Win a million! ;D

George

« Reply #312 on: August 17, 2006, 10:21:02 PM »

Just call when you get in - let's see if we can work out a meal.

In the meantime, let's see if I can post the Cracked #104 art.

The picture seems to have been deleted!

FJL

« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2006, 10:24:31 PM »

Is this actually the highest posting day since Tony night?

td

• td
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2006, 10:25:24 PM »

Oh, btw, the Millionaire thing was sponsored by NETFLIX; both a general test of thirty questions as well as a movie test of thirty questions were administered, I was chosen for the movie edition. . .the four questions I was very unsure of were an Eddie Murphy question, a MATRIX question, a MY COUSIN VINNIE question and a MYSTIC PIZZA question.
DR Elmoore, since you're so good at it, I may have to have you on hold as  a lifeline. . .
Truly a weird day, if I do say so myself.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2006, 10:25:49 PM »

Happy birthday S. Woody!!!
Thank-you!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2006, 10:26:46 PM »

Happy Birthday SWW!!!

Have a splendid day!
Thank-you!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2006, 10:28:11 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR SWW!
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2006, 10:28:59 PM »

Happy happy birthday to SWW!

A very busy posting day in honor of a very special birthday!
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2006, 10:30:29 PM »

A very happy birthday to DR S. Woody. Hope the day (and all those connected with it) treat you right!
Thank-you!  Apart from a solitary traffic jam, everything was great!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2006, 10:31:46 PM »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2006, 10:33:12 PM »

Good morning all and a very Happy Birthday to SWW
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2006, 10:35:27 PM »

SWW-HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! [/size]  :D

I’m sure you will have a great day.
Thank-you!  We did (but we did a lot more walking than der Brucer has done for some time - museums can be like that!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2006, 10:36:28 PM »

Happy Birthday to DR S. Woody!!!
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2006, 10:37:57 PM »

Happy Happy Birthday to SWoody White, poster extraordinaire!!!!!!!
Thank-you!  (Flattery will get you all sorts of stuff!)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2006, 10:39:14 PM »

HAPPY BIRTDAY, DR S. WOODY!
Thank-you!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2006, 10:43:53 PM »

On the film music board, this guy I really think is a fool made a post in which he said something about "the last act" of The President's Analyst film.  I posted that given the use of "the last act" he must have gone to film school or taken the class of Syd Field or Robert McKee.  He came back and basically said he'd met Syd and liked what he had to say, and had taken Mr. McKee's class (and hadn't liked him - but obviously liked the terminology).  I do not like the terminology and find it amusing that so many youngsters use it as if it's the be-all and end-all of film script structure.  
Are "last acts" in films in any way related to terrorist acts?  Or lumberjack's ax?  Or perhaps questions a lawyer for the prosecution asks?

George

« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2006, 10:45:36 PM »

John Wallowich wrote and Dixie Carter performed a song called "I'm Aksing You."  It's hysterical!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2006, 10:46:03 PM »

Happiest of Happy Birthdays, Dear Dear S. Woody White!!! And many more to come. You should enjoy in good health!
Thank-you!  And I haven't even a sniffle!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2006, 10:47:03 PM »

Happy birthday, DR SWW...
Thank-you!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up