Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: A MONTH OF THURSDAYS  (Read 13351 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:A MONTH OF THURSDAYS
« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2006, 09:28:44 PM »

Enough of this!

Time for to go to bed.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2006, 09:29:25 PM »

Page Six Allison Dance.  8)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2006, 09:41:44 PM »

Well it is nice to see Ms. Hayes around these here parts once again!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2006, 10:00:54 PM »

Will someone tell me why Terence Malick has the reputation he does?  We just endured THE NEW WORLD, one of the most tedious films I've ever seen.  I'm beginning to believe that Colin Farrell just simply cannot act, though God knows his director, Malick, certainly doesn't help him with slumberfest (I kid you not, The Lovely Wife and I must have dozed off a half dozen times during it...the only problem being, you wake up and nothing's happened and you're right where you were), providing him with no character, no scintillating dialogue, and a threadbare plot.  Endless shots of people wandering around the woods...gazing at each other either lovingly, sadly, or contemplatively...long after the point of the scene has been established (and there weren't a lot of points).  Almost no dialogue, but the film is saddled with a pointless narration.  You know it's not needed when you can understand everything ad nauseam through the laborious shots that pound the simpistic and simple-minded story into you in beating-the-dead-horse doses.  And despite its simplistic story, the motivations remain muddled.  A little more character, Terence, less scenery, okay?  And there are these god-awful jarring blackouts and the whole thing, despite its simplisticness, seems disconnected and aimless.  Avoid it like the plague...unless you're having trouble sleeping.

I felt the same way about Malick's Days of Heaven.  He gets my prize for most over-rated director.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2006, 10:01:28 PM »

Could the Hungarian film be funnier than that???

I didn't mean to offend you, Penny. Or maybe you weren't offended and I misunderstood. Of course, I wasn't meaning that either film was Disney-esque. It's simply that Fateless presents the story in such a matter-of-fact way, stripped of all melodrama, that it's painful to watch, but rewarding in the end. It presents a totally different view of the horror of those days, suggesting a kind of perverse beauty. I've never seen anything like it -- and my family lived through a lot of what the movie shows - so I certainly wasn't makling light of it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:07:48 PM by Maria »

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2006, 10:08:52 PM »

I have never heard of Terence Malick or his reputation...although that would be a great name for a band...Terence Malick and his Reputations!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 10:09:06 PM by MBarnum »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2006, 11:08:58 PM »

Met with a friend after work and we went for some drinks and appetizers after work. It was a pleasant time and a great way to wind down a nasty work week.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2006, 11:39:53 PM »

Well, this WUSSBURGERING is pathetic.

The only Malick film I like is entitled Badlands.  Every other one I've endured has been torture.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2006, 11:41:13 PM »

AOL is now offering their customers free AOL mail and buddy list, should you choose not to use them to connect to the Internet.  I'm about to finally take advantage of that little thing, because guess what - although I am logged on to AOL, I cannot go to any websites - not happening, not working, total BS.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2006, 11:57:42 PM »

I'm here...finally. ::) I went to my parents' house for dinner and we had lasagna.  It was homemade and very good.  My mom also made homemade macaroni and cheese!  That was even better than the lasagna!  She put bread crumbs on the top of the mac and cheese and it got all crunchy and very good. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2006, 11:59:03 PM »

She also made fried zucchini (bland, but not bad) and my sister and niece (because they've become pseudo-vegetarians) had fried clam strips. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2006, 12:00:55 AM »

Dessert was homemade (except for the crust) strawberry-rhubarb pie.  I've never liked it but I ate it. ;) My mom tried to make whipped cream, but it never whipped up.  My dad thinks that she might have accidentally tried to whip some half-and-half.  I wouldn't doubt it. ;D

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:01:09 AM by George »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up