Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I REST MY CASE  (Read 17233 times)

FJL

Re:I REST MY CASE
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 08:28:12 AM »

TOD - Nothing has changed in my CD player since last week, except that I added the Greatest Hits of 1983 to the selections..

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 08:28:16 AM »

I'm thinking I might want to insist on stopping by either Tower or Borders in Philly, while we're there tomorrow.  Der B and I are taking the grandlads to see Lion King, (with parents in tow) and both stores are conveniently close to the theater.

That, and it will drive Magic Mommy insane because she hateshateshates anyone other than herself shopping (and then, she never shops for something that might fill her brain).  I owe her that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 08:31:00 AM »

Just heard a commerical for curing head lice, and could have sworn the kid was talking about having headlights.   But it did make me listen to the commercial.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »

Just popped in before I took a shower and went to work.  Good morning, everybody. :) I'm going to take a shower now, then get dressed, then go to work.

Have a good day, all! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2006, 09:04:22 AM »

...I'm going to take a shower now, then get dressed, then go to work...
You couldn't change the order some day?

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 09:14:18 AM »

Friday....Act Two....no books....down to learning my last two pages....

Hmmmm....THE SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS....saw this film MANY years ago on the Saturday night LATE MOVIE on Frances Farmer's WFBM.....film was too long no doubt to fit into her 2 hour slot.  Very good....mostly watched because it was in color and Channel 6 was the only local channel broadcasting color late on Saturday night.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 09:15:52 AM »

TOD:

DVD - COUNTERPLOT!!

CD - Will Young - Saturday's Child

VCR - FOREVER AMBER with the lovely Linda Darnell

I have read about the soon to be released GODZILLA double DVD....hmmmm - will be interested to hear MR BK's report.

And of course.....fans.....how about Laura's announcement on PWOJECT WUNWAY this week?!!!

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:28 AM »

Hey, gang! Whatta beauteous day here! Autumn approaches... some of the leaves have already started turning. A bittersweet time of year.

Yesterday I got  a lot of work done on the handouts for my seminar, which starts Sunday evening at the Redmond library. No clue if I'll have three or thirty in the class... have to make a guess before running off too many copies. Or too few. Sheesh. I'm guessing I won't have more than fifteen. Twelve to fifteen is a perfect number for this type of workshop. The second one is Wednesday evening, and the last is Saturday afternoon - after which, I have an author appearance and reading of Jewish Thighs in Woodinville. A week later, I close up the house and winterize the garden and join the birds on the migration south! Oh how this summer has flown.

DVD - a strange little autobiographical film by the Farrelly Brothers, featuring Meryl Streep (?!?!), called Stuck on You. Conjoined twins decide to try having individual lives. Greg Kinear and Matt Damon are the brothers. Cher and Meryl S play themselves.
PennyO

MBarnum

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 09:27:37 AM »

For fans of The Amazing Race, the Game Show Network is rebroadcasting the family edition, so now is that time to see the wonderful Gahagan family again...oh golly but they do warm my heart!  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 09:28:08 AM »

ON the flip side....they haven't been showing What's My Line at all lately...what is up with that!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 09:32:48 AM »

Good day one and all!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 09:35:39 AM »

TOTD:

VCR: Madness of King George
DVD: The Chieftains: Live from Grand Opera House
I may pop in Notting Hill a bit later
CD: Computer has Davy Spillane - Among Stones

CD: Sweeney Todd and Micheal Collins
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 09:56:51 AM »

ON the flip side....they haven't been showing What's My Line at all lately...what is up with that!

Maybe you need to change channels?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 09:57:33 AM »

Back from the jog.  Must do a few things before heading over to the Du-Par's at the Farmer's Market.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 10:06:15 AM »

I'm up.  I'm home.  I've had coffee and a morning bun.

Life is good.

Taking the day off.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 10:09:14 AM »

If anyone is bored and needs something to do, I have  many DVDs that need cataloguing.

And papers that need going through/sorting/filing or destroying.

I have a carpet that needs shampooing.

And all I want to do is watch movies on DVD today, too.  Sigh.

Compromise may be possible.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2006, 10:10:29 AM »

Maybe you need to change channels?

That may be the trouble...he mistakenly changed the channel and can longer tune in to 1959.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 10:12:15 AM »

Friday....Act Two....no books....down to learning my last two pages....

Hmmmm....THE SPIRIT OF ST LOUIS....saw this film MANY years ago on the Saturday night LATE MOVIE on Frances Farmer's WFBM.....film was too long no doubt to fit into her 2 hour slot.  Very good....mostly watched because it was in color and Channel 6 was the only local channel broadcasting color late on Saturday night.

It IS a very good film.  A bit indulgent, lengthwise, IMO...especially for a Billy Wilder film.

But Stewart's rawly honest performance and a world-class Franz Waxman underscore (totally thrilling) keep this movie aloft to the rousing, spectacular ending.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2006, 10:13:33 AM »

I feel the urge to make another cup of coffee.  And with coffee, I'll have to splurge and have another morning bun.

Sigh.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2006, 10:24:07 AM »

If anyone is bored and needs something to do, I have  many DVDs that need cataloguing.

One of the only smart things I did during all my surgery angst of late 2004 was to catalogue mine.  Now, when something arrives, I already have a data base to work from.  It certainly takes a lot of time, however.  Now, if I could only remember to whom I lend them!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »

That may be the trouble...he mistakenly changed the channel and can longer tune in to 1959.
;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2006, 10:39:16 AM »

You couldn't change the order some day?

;D

I could, but my co-workers might have a slight problem.  AND our human resources manager is developing a new dress code! :P Supposedly, it for "safety issues." ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2006, 10:55:14 AM »

I thought we were over the August hump...  Oh, well.

Think I'll go ship now and get it out of the way, then to noon meeting, then to Grant's.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2006, 11:04:47 AM »

Ship early ship often.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2006, 11:05:52 AM »

DR MBARNUM's mention of the GagMe family sent me into a coughing fit....I am just now recovering.

I also noticed there is no I've Got a Secret/Beat the Clock/What's My Line block on GSN now....I am not so happy about it myself.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2006, 11:06:36 AM »

Have fun at the workshop DR PENNYO....sounds like it will be a good one....I bet your first session is so good, you will have MORE people the second day!

Jennifer

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2006, 11:07:29 AM »

For fans of The Amazing Race, the Game Show Network is rebroadcasting the family edition, so now is that time to see the wonderful Gahagan family again...oh golly but they do warm my heart!  8)

I don't think i want to see them again!

But i cannot wail till a few weeks from now till TAR starts again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2006, 11:36:35 AM »

learn lines learn lines learn lines

MBarnum

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »

I am looking VERY forward to the new seasons of both AMAZING RACE and SURVIVOR!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2006, 01:07:35 PM »

Boy, it got hot very quickly. Near 90 now with stifling air. Not pleasant, and I was glad to get my errands done and get back to the house.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up