Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I REST MY CASE  (Read 17235 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I REST MY CASE
« on: August 25, 2006, 12:22:39 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you rest your case, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently resting their collective cases and sitting on their collective ASSES!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 12:44:11 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:I REST MY CASE
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 12:24:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: SACCADE!

Tomovoz

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 12:35:09 AM »

DVD: My Neighbour Totoro
CD:  Soundtrack "The English Patient"
        Band On the Run - McCartney
        Some Mel Tormé Cds
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 12:37:20 AM »

Goodnight DR George.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 12:41:40 AM »

Good night, DR Tomovoz...again, late. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 01:00:31 AM »

Topic of the Day:

In my DVD player:  Kevin Spirtas' DVD, "Night and Days."  Kevin gives such a fun performance!  I brought it to work yesterday to show my co-worker Ruth (she loved the CD that she borrowed from me) and she told me that she received her very own copy just the day before, also!  She didn't know about the audio commentary and I told her that she MUST listen to it...and that BK is the King of DVD commentaries! ;D After that will be "The Alien Conspiracy: Grey Skies" that I got from Netflix.com.  It features our very own Rodzinski!!  (And I think he may have even written part of it...is that correct?)  

In my CD player at work:  my brand new copy of the original cast recording of A New Brain.  After that, I don't know.  I boxed up ALL of my CDs and put them in storage.  I have to continue to clean my house (I'm taking way too much time and my sister is getting antsy ::)).  

In my VCR:  nothing.  I forgot to check tvguide.com to see if there was anything that I wanted to tape tonight.  I do have a couple of tapes from a few weeks ago and I have no idea what's on them, so there will be a bit of a surprise. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2006, 01:10:45 AM »

And on the condo front, it looks like I've gotten a couple of preliminary pre-approval offers from mortgage lenders!!  I don't know what the "official" chain of events is supposed to be, but I'll find out soon enough.  Wish me luck!

Michael

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 03:57:04 AM »

TOD:

Continuing from last week although I am now on season 5 of  Babylon 5 and maybe something else to be decided later.
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 04:45:51 AM »

TOTD: Update

DVD:  "Trapeze".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 05:39:18 AM »

Nothing to report for topic of the day. I'm busy working on the Meadows Foundation (in Dallas, Texas). I have to do the laundry after work and then we will go out for dinner. I'm here in the office on Saturday and we have no plans for Sunday.

Bye.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 05:56:58 AM »

Good morning, all!  The last Frdau in August.  Summer is almost over, and I feel it was here for no time at all.  My allergies were kicking in, so I guess hay fever is around the corner.  I needed some Nyquil to help me sleep and I ended up sleeping too long.  So now I have to plan my day:  laundry, library, and the charts for Klea Blackhurst.

TOD:  

DVD:  The New Zealand PIRATES OF PENZANCE, Anthony Warlow in HMS PINAFORE, THE OPPOSITE SEX (Thank you, DR MBarnum!)
  CD:  The Lady of the Slipper, Guy Haines, Un Ballo In Maschera
  VCR:  el cheapo del sexo

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2006, 06:26:50 AM »

Cecily's eyes went into a SACCADE as she watched hundreds of cicadas CASCADE down the forest tree trunks.  She'd heard they were good to eat, but the idea made her twitchy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Kerry

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 06:32:01 AM »

Good Morning, All-

Food does not magically replace itself on the shelves and in the refrigerator.  Apparently one must go the store and buy it.  Who knew?!?!?!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 06:32:19 AM »

So go know.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 06:36:14 AM »

TOD:

DVD player:

Night and Days.  Der Brucer really enjoyed it; I found Mr. Spirtas' delivery of the material to be too much at the same level, and wished he'd had a few quieter numbers.  Horseracing.

I tried once again to watch the movie of the musical The Producers, but I cannot get past that first office scene.  Broderick is too forced and lacks spontaneity, and Lane isn't much better.  I found myself wanting to watch the original film instead.

CD player:

Sunday in the Park with George, London cast.  I'm really enjoying it.

By Request, Wendy Carlos.  A trip down memory lane.

Book:

The Food of France, Waverly Root.  Heavy with history, this one.  It's going to take me a while to get through it, but it is a classic and will be worth my time.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2006, 06:37:21 AM »

Good Morning, All-

Food does not magically replace itself on the shelves and in the refrigerator.  Apparently one must go the store and buy it.  Who knew?!?!?!
So that is why the store where I work has customers!  I'd been wondering!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2006, 06:52:09 AM »

Kerry, you do sound well cared for.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2006, 07:00:48 AM »

Good morning!

It was surprisingly cool when I got up and went out to get the newspaper, but within an hour, the cool had vanished and it was back to warm. The joys of a Southern summer.

Looks to be a beautiful (albeit hot) day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 07:02:09 AM »

DR Donna, I am a HUGE fan of the film STAR! and have loved it ever since I first saw it.

I had a letterboxed version of DRLING LILI which I taped off AMC years ago, but I junked it when the DVD came out. I wish you'd mentioned it sooner. I'd have been glad to send it to you.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 07:04:55 AM »

I'm going to have a busy day. IN addition to my usual Friday errands, my friend Gregg is arriving in town in the early evening, and we're going to dinner tonight. He running in a race tomorrow morning.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2006, 07:06:52 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CD - ATHENA (original soundtrack)

DVD - ON DANGEROUS GROUND
          CITY FOR CONQUEST
          SAN FRANCISCO

DVR - THRILL OF A ROMANCE
          LADY BE GOOD
          PANAMA HATTIE
          THE OFFICE (3 episodes from last night)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2006, 07:15:19 AM »

I've caught up on yesterday's posts.

Perhaps there is a new crime we should consider - Terrance Malick with Forethought, forcing someone to watch one of his films!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2006, 07:20:24 AM »

I've been up since five-thirty - the phone rang - NY call, someone thinking that my home line was somehow my office line or something.  I didn't take the call, but I couldn't go back to sleep.  I just lay in my bed like so much fish, then watched a bit of a movie - so, three whole hours of sleep I've had.  Must try and catch up this weekend.

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 07:27:59 AM »

HIYA ALL!
In my VCR (just when will I get a DVD player!) is STAR! starring Julie Andrews as Gertrude Lawrence.

I love this movie! Julie gets to really strut her stuff singing, dancing and acting. And those costumes by Donald Brooks! Of course, it helps to have good writing (William Fairchild), directing (Robert Wise) and choreography (Michael Kidd). The last part of the film is especially well-written and acted. Daniel Massey, a particular favorite of mine who died too young, puts in a wonderful performance as Noel Coward and Richard Crenna is solid as her husband.

I'm trying to find a VT version of that other musical she did around this time called Darling Lili.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:32:24 AM by Donna »

MBarnum

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2006, 08:03:15 AM »

TOD:

CD:
Beyond the Sea: Frank Chacksfield and Orchestra
The Academy Award Winners: Les Baxter and Orchestra/chorus
Interview with our very own DR Ben!

DVD:
Them!
Beast from 20,000 Fathoms

DVR:
Episode of CHEYENNE

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2006, 08:03:25 AM »

Off to get cleaned up before I head out for my Friday errands.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2006, 08:13:57 AM »

Dear esteemed BK:

Is your copy of Spirit of St. Louis part of the Jimmy Stewart Signature Collection?  I was just now checking the product listing at Amazon, and it looks like a package I'd like to have.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2006, 08:18:20 AM »

Yes, it's part of that package.  I must warn in advance that the transfer of The Naked Spur (which I'll be writing about shortly) is pretty awful - soft to the point of being completely out of focus - with no detail whatsoever.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2006, 08:22:05 AM »

Spirit of St. Louis is one of my father's all time favorite films, btw.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2006, 08:26:50 AM »

Sorry for being E&T the last day or so.  Work has gotten crazily busy, and now I have to shlep into Brooklyn to attend to a family matter.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up