Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: INTENTIONS GONE AWRY  (Read 19869 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:INTENTIONS GONE AWRY
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2006, 09:12:08 PM »

Yup, to paraphrase Thomas "Fats" Waller, my feets too dirty. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2006, 09:13:05 PM »

Amazing...I started Page Nine AND Page Ten!

(Does anybody care?)

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2006, 09:40:47 PM »

No, the Tab Hunter autobiography is not called STILL. I meant that I was STILL reading it.

Its title is indeed CONFIDENTIAL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2006, 09:42:43 PM »

I'm on much later than usual. Best friend John came over and we went on a walk down memory lane going back through some old show tapes and awards night productions where we were part of the entertainment. Lots of laughs and fond, fond memories.

The last tape was of a 1996 awards night production, and I was shocked at how young I looked. How I've aged in ten years! Yikes!

Matt H.

« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2006, 09:43:47 PM »

Before he came over, I did manage to watch several things I had recorded on the DVR. I watched all three episodes of THE OFFICE recorded on Thursday night. By far my favorite comedy on TV, and I'm hoping it wins the Emmy for Best Comedy tomorrow night (actually tonight since it's past midnight here.)

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: August 26, 2006, 09:45:05 PM »

Next was Mae West's SHE DONE HIM WRONG. The telecast was fine though the 1932 film has definite scratches, dirt, and debris on the print shown on TCM. Still, it has decent focus and contrast, and I enjoyed seeing it again.

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2006, 09:48:47 PM »

I finshed up with NIGHT AND THE CITY, not the brilliant original but Irving Winkler's mediocre remake. I hadn't seen it since reviewing it when it first came out, and I wanted to see if time improved the film or at least my estimation of it. It didn't. Winkler lets De Niro "put on a show," but the result is overbaked ham. He doesn't seem to be in the same movie as the other actors, and the pacing is lethargic.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2006, 09:50:22 PM »

Still have Friday night's MONK to get to tomorrow, and then I'm going to watch the 1935 MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY.

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2006, 09:50:42 PM »

Guess it's time I get to bed.

Good night, all!

FJL

« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2006, 09:55:03 PM »

George - If you're going to start a page with a Fats Waller reference, why not just say:

"And one for Waller."

MBarnum

« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2006, 09:55:53 PM »

My Bollywood movie of the weekend seems to be a rather serious drama taking place after the 1947 partition titled MITTER PYARE NU HAAL MUREEDAN DA KEHNA....in the Punjab section of India, when Muslims began killing innocen Hindu and Sikh villagers and then Sikhs would turn around and try to get revenge by killing innocent Muslim villagers...with friends killing friends...this movie is about a Muslim man who saves a Sikh family from slaughter while in another village a Sikh rallies the other Sikhs and Hindus to protect the Muslim's in their village from being hurt.

And of course this being Bollywood it has music and dancing amongst the slaughter.

...but it is a really good movie!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2006, 10:01:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Just how much cake can one have on one's birthday?....

I ended up spending the evening at my brother Don's new house.  Well, it was new to me - he moved in two years ago(!) and this was my first time heading over there.  -How the heck did that happen?!?!  In any case...  My brother Mike was over there with his family which meant I had all my nieces and nephew in attendance.  They ended up throwing me a "surprise" birthday party.  Of course, before the "surprise", John Michael made sure to warn me not to pay attention to what they were doing, and not to come upstairs until I was told.  And I did as I was told.

When I was finally led upstairs, John Michael, Alyssa and Alexandra all jumped out and "Surprised!" me.  They made me some cards, a "Happy Bithday[sic] U. Jojo" banner in crayon, and they also had some ballons too - drawn in Crayola on some newsprint and taped to the bunkbeds.  It really was a great surprise.  They even had a goody bag for me which consisted of a recycled McDonald's Happy Meal box filled with various things from Alexandra's room.  "...This is for you, Uncle Jojo, but you can't keep them."  ;) :)

Then we had cake and ice cream.  Chocolate cake with chocolate icing and vanilla ice cream.  Oh - and the appetizers consisted of Slurpees and Taquitos from 7-11.

I really had a wonderful time.  Best of all, I got to spend some more time with my newest niece, Emily.  She really is such a good baby.  And she's been very "easy" for my brother and his wife to take care of since she tends to go to bed around 11:00, and sleeps through the night until 8:00.

-OH!  And my brother, Don, slipped me $40 as I was leaving as my birthday gift.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 10:01:52 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2006, 10:03:54 PM »

Alas, I did not see my mother tonight (again).  I even headed back to their house after leaving my brother's place, but my parents were still out.  However, I did go ahead and load up some boxes from the basement into my car, and I've brought them over to my temp apartment.  -I plan to have an ongoing project once the show begins since I'll have plenty of free time on my hands - Operation De-Clutter!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2006, 10:04:53 PM »

And now...  Well, I actually think I'm going to go ahead and finish the last two guitar charts I have to get done before heading to bed.  -This way, all I have left is finessing the accordion part.  -Almost there.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2006, 10:07:05 PM »

DRs jhvw and MichaelShayne - Merci beaucoup!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2006, 10:56:28 PM »

Irwin Winkler, along with partner Robert Chartoff, produced some fine motion pictures.  As a director, he is one of the all-time worst - every film he's made is excruciatingly awful.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2006, 10:56:51 PM »

Finished DVD 2, and shall now start but probably not finishe DVD 3.

George

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2006, 11:33:15 PM »

I'm here all by my lonesome and I'm zonked.  Good night...anyone. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2006, 11:46:45 PM »

Goodnight DR George. No-one is alone.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up