Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A PAIR OF PANT  (Read 18761 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A PAIR OF PANT
« on: September 12, 2006, 12:26:04 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you wore pant whilst reading the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they don't wear pants, except for one darling cow who was wearing a pant, a pair of jeans.  Or should that be a pair of jean?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 10:37:08 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A PAIR OF PANT
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 12:26:38 AM »

And the word of the day is: VAINGLORIOUS!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 12:28:17 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 12:31:23 AM »

They could be called trousers or slacks also...

or is that trouser and slack... hmmm??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2006, 12:31:48 AM »

a conundrum indeed!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »

...Why did I ever buy him those damn long pants??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 12:37:40 AM »

jsut be glad they were shortpants or lederhosen!

George

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 12:42:36 AM »

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 12:44:25 AM »

Okay, I just had kind of a Twilight Zone moment.  I searched the line "Why did I ever buy him those damn long pants" on Google to make sure that it was "damn long pants" and not "damned long pants" (it's "damn long") and one of the links was to http://www.sondheim.com/community/ which is a community board very much like ours (Mr. Mark Bakalor had a hand in creating that, also).  Anyway, one of the posters on the specific page that I linked to had the screenname "George" and when I went to his profile there, he was also 40 years old!  What a coinkydink! ;) (But, I have a lot more posts here on HHW than he does on FTC...Finishing the Chat).  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2006, 12:48:40 AM »

you should google mine...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2006, 12:49:04 AM »

you might be surprised... I have raised ruckus on several boards...

George

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2006, 12:53:22 AM »

Why does that not surprise me?? ::)

;D

George

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2006, 12:54:08 AM »

And with that, I must go to sleep...after I clear the hallway of boxes.

Good night, DakotaCelt!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 01:00:02 AM »

I do try to be angelic!!

Pleasant dreams GEorge... I am going to go and hit the sack also!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2006, 03:49:43 AM »

Something tells me pants is short for pantaloons, articles of clothing quite familiar to all of us here at HWW.  You wear one pantaloon on your right leg, and another pantaloon on your left leg.  If you have another leg in the middle, finding a dance partner can be an iffy affair (a Mason William's "The Last Great Waltz" reference).

My favorite pair of pants are, of course, Bonnie Bell Begonia and Buster Beauregard Begonia, our two blond pups.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2006, 04:09:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: VAINGLORIOUS!
"We here at the at the Cafe Tres Chic," proclaimed the VAINGLORIOUS Chef Maurice (typically referring to himself in the plural), "never dress our salads with a mere vinaigrette!  No, no, we use a blend of seven different vinagers, with a dollop of mustard and freshly picked herbs, SAVING OUR OIL to coat the plates themselves.  It is not our fault if those foolish waiters let the plates slip from their fingers nine times out of ten!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 04:22:56 AM »

Good morning, all!  Another afternoon band rehearsal.  Tomorrow, the cast joins us, so I need to get today's rehearsal as solid as possible.  The 3-piece band has a lot of wonderful moments and too many bad ones that I have to repair within the next two days.  Our excellent keyboard player, Masae, is Japanese and loves musicals; she's just signed a contract to spend four months on a cruise ship, but she wants to play in a Broadway pit.  I adore her enthusiasm.  Our drummer, Chris, is a great guy, also full of energy and enthusiasm for the piece.  They've spent a good deal of time programming and working on their music.  The two of them are great assets to the show.  

I love the score, heavily influenced by the sound of Mancini, Bacharach, Francis Lai, and I'm happy that the some of the orchestration sounds like a 1960s French film.

DR DerBrucer, Palemale and mate are the subjects of a book, REDTAILS IN LOVE.  I believe they currently reside on Cetral Park West.

DR Cillaliz, the ohmigod was a loving one, caustic, but most definitely affectionate!

TOD:  exotic places?  Newark? Atlantic City?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 04:27:50 AM »

Oh, I can beat that, Elmore!

Fresno!

Cincinnati!

And I was born and raised in BURBANK!!!

Danise

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2006, 04:30:29 AM »

Good morning all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2006, 04:31:11 AM »

How about Seffner? :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 04:33:40 AM »

Well, our fridge gave up the ghost yesterday.  Sigh.  I had to clean the whole thing out last night.  I'll go and look for another one tonight.

In Sheena and Bear news--Bear has worms so I have to take both him and Sheena to the vet tomorrow night for a check and deworming.  Exciting huh?

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 04:45:31 AM »

Not much else to going on.  It's all the same old.  Mom refuses to go to the doctor after what that stupid doctor pulled.

I just hope she holds on until they have their enrollment change in November but it won't take effect until January.  I want to get her on an open plan so I can take her to whatever doctor we want to go to, not those crappy JSA doctors.

Well, the good news is that we're still here.  :)

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 04:49:25 AM »

Well, I gotta fly now.  Have a good day all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 05:17:33 AM »

DR Danise, it's always a treat to see you!  I miss you lots.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day and much cooler than we've had. It's not supposed to get out of the 70s for our high today, so that makes me very happy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 06:58:26 AM »

I saw THE RECRUIT on HBO-HD a couple of years ago. Very predictable and not very good. I do like Colin Farrell in some things, and in other things I think he's dreadfully miscast. I do think he does a great American accent. To hear him speak with his native Irish brogue is very surprising after watching him in many movies where he plays an American.

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 07:01:18 AM »

I have an unpredictable day today. My ex-partner and I are spending some time together today while his car is being worked on. We'll do lunch, and he mentioned maybe going to see HOLLYWOODLAND. However, the movie's start time is fairly late, and I'm guessing we won't end upgoing to that film.

So, I may be E&T or not for this afternoon's posting. At this stage of the morning, I don't know what's going to happen.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 07:03:50 AM »

I did record VANISHED and MEDIUM last night for viewing today.

There is also a new episode of HOUSE tonight (remember the 8 p.m. start time) and a preview on ABC of Anne Heche's new series MEN IN TREES (its regular time slot is Friday at 9). DOesn't sound like something that would interest me, and I'll probably opt for NIP/TUCK tonight instead.

FJL

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 07:20:56 AM »

TOD:  A friend and I decided to splurge and try the Tapis Rouge tent at Cirque du Soleil when it was on Randall's Island.  It was a surreal experience, as far as I'm concerned, with all sorts of oddball decor, fascinating foodstuffs, etc.  Quite exotic.

FJL

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 07:24:05 AM »

Useless observation:  "Fascinating foodstuffs" can be sung to the tune of "Fascinatin' rhythm."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up