Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: A PAIR OF PANT  (Read 18984 times)

Cillaliz

Re:A PAIR OF PANT
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2006, 03:04:27 PM »

TOD- I had a roommate in college from Costa Rica. I went home with her for a couple weeks during semester break.  I think the forest at Glacier Bay in Alaska was actually more exotic - rain forest with moss hanging down etc. It was like walking in another world

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2006, 03:04:48 PM »

Exotic dance.....how about a page 4 belly dance

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »

Time to pack up and go home.   Laters gaters

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2006, 03:27:39 PM »

So-o-o-o-o busy today.

Lots of busy work...this, that and t'other.

Got some new DVDs:

Moonlighting Season 4
Smallville Season 5
Star Wars & The Empire Strikes Back -- original theatrical versions (pre-improvements).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2006, 03:29:33 PM »

I won't pant, don't ask me...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

Exotic places:

What is "exotic"?

Mombasa, Kenya was exotic to me.   I spent a day there.  Ate nothing (afraid to eat from street vendors and all restaurants were closed until evening).

Singapore was exotic...had western-style food in posh hotel.  I'd been at sea for several months and was yearning for something tasty and familiar.

Dubai, U.A.E., was very exotic to me.  I bought gold, frankincense and myrrh...the gold was jewelry, the rest was the actual "residue" crystals that are frankincense and myrrh.

I also bought a 2-kilo bag of salted and lemon-juiced pistachios.  BEST pistachios I ever had.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2006, 03:33:58 PM »

Hi, sorry to just pop in, post & leave.  I might have had time to stay & visit last night except we were out to dinner with Penny and her friend Bill.  It was a beautiful evening for eating along the creek at our local Thai restaurant.  We had a very nice evening.  Penny & Bill gave us some delicious fresh picked grapes to bring home.

This morning was my yearly pot-luck lunch with my book group, another beautiful day for a garden meeting & luncheon.

I will try & return this evening.

Cillaliz, please email me the story behind your lovely happy new avitar.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2006, 03:36:47 PM »

TPunk-I hope you had a great day at your new/old job.

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2006, 03:58:49 PM »

As with DR RLP - mmm what is exotic?
for me:  Prague
              the Azores
              New Zealand
              Hong Kong - the New Territories
              Chistobel - Panama
               Lancaster County!
               New York
               Quebec
                Tahiti

It's the "different" - cultural differences, smells, sounds, foods, languages, accents as well as the geography, vegetation, etc.

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »

I just got back from my rehearsal: too far down and a real schlep. On the positive side, the band is doing better, and we did read through the entire score.  Tomorrow night at 8, we meet the cast.  A day later, we open.  So much for a low-budget festival!  I think it will go well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #100 on: September 12, 2006, 04:11:24 PM »

We're back from watching (and listening to) The Illusionist.  Magnificent film, from beginning to end.

Two top-rank performances, from Norton and Giamatti, combined with two very good supporting performances by Biel and Sewell.  Interesting script and direction by Neil Burger (who seems to have come from nowhere).  And Philip Glass' score was spot on - not something I'd want to listen to seperate from the film, but perfect with the film.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2006, 04:17:57 PM »

TOD -

Exotic?  The entire tour of Germany that der B and I took years ago (bookended by two theater binges in London).  Berlin, Munich, Cologne and Frankfurt (both very briefly), and Amsterdam (which really isn't Germany, but was part of our tour).

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2006, 04:21:10 PM »

And wasn't it Paul Wylie who did one of his greatest programs to the music from Branagh's HENRY V. I think so!

Wylie skated to an Olympic Silver Medal by using Patrick Doyle's music for "Henry V".  Specifically the piece was mostly the "St. Crispin's Day" speech, with an edit of the "Falstaff" theme mixed in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 04:21:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »

Well, it's going to be channel flipping tonight. I want to see the end of Big Brother. Of course there is always tons of filler I don't care about in the final show so I will also be flipping over to Dancing with the Stars.   Tucker Carlson and Jerry Springer dancing...this I gotta see

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2006, 04:41:24 PM »

Tucker Carlson and Jerry Springer dancing...this I gotta see

They're dancing together??  I'll be watching, too!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2006, 04:50:35 PM »

They're dancing together??  I'll be watching, too!

;)

You just never know...tune in and find out!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »

Der B has mentioned having lots of shows to tape or watch tonight.  I have no idea as to whether or not I'll want to watch even one.

Oh, wait, EUReKA is on, that's usually good.  And if he tapes it while he watches something else, I'll just watch it in the kitchen...

...And give him all sorts of spoilers after.   ;D

Tomorrow should be very interesting, since he's already got six shows on his list, and we're also scheduled to head over to take care of the grandlads and visit their school, to find out what is up for this year.  Magic Mommy has announced she can't be bothered with some of the extra after-school stuff, because she's sure it will amount to more work for her.  My hunch is, we'll have to stay late after the school meetings arguing with her, which means a very late dinner for us.

Tomovoz

« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2006, 05:24:56 PM »

Thank you BK.  A Kritzerland recording arrived today.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2006, 05:47:12 PM »

Waiting for me when I arrived home from work:  2 Sondheim CDs (one is a gift) and a Spirtas DVD!  I have to drive to Columbus tomorrow afternoon and now have something new to listen to in the car!

TOD - Zion National Park, where one of the hiking trails took us underneath and behind a waterfall.  I loved being at the base of the canyons and seeing the rocks change color as the sun changed position throughout the day.  We stayed in a lovely place called Flanigan's Inn and ate exquisite meals in their cafe.  It was just an overnight stop on our first "See the USA" family vacation 10 years ago, but someplace where I've always wanted to spend a longer period of time.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2006, 06:51:18 PM »

What a day!  I'm all in and must sit on my couch like so much fish.  Had to ship out quite a few more packages, finished proofing Cissy's book, and did a ton of other stuff.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2006, 06:59:45 PM »

So DR TCB was doing THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER and I was doing THE ODD COUPLE that week.....  You would think it was 1969,  NOT 2001!

My favorite DINNER comment, "You were sooo much better than Nathan Lane!"
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2006, 07:00:07 PM »

Sure is quiet around here at HHW tonight...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2006, 07:03:46 PM »

A movie that gets better each time I see it:

Kenneth Branagh's "Henry V"

If you watch it again, will it be "Henry VI?"
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2006, 07:05:29 PM »

This time next week we shall be somewhere over the Pacific.
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2006, 07:06:35 PM »

Lovely owl from DRLAURA.

I have the first SPIN & MARTY dvd release....and THE HARDY BOYS is much anticipated!!!

Yes, DR MBARNUM....we are anxiously awaiting ANNETTE, THE SERIAL....but we will probably have SPIN & MARTY TWO before that.  Annette and Darlene were featured in the S/M episodes that should be up next.

Annette?  And Darlene?  Were in S/M episodes?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2006, 07:06:45 PM »

Reminder - NY address is c/o Milford Plaza.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2006, 07:07:54 PM »

Annette would sing "Don't Jump To Conclusions".
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2006, 07:10:30 PM »

I've been packing for an overnight tomorrow in Columbus.  Sometimes I think it's just as complicated to go away for a night as it is for a week.  Tomorrow will be a long day - into work at 9, get a noontime program started, drive to Columbus, and be ready to co-present at 3:30.  Vibes, please, for no traffic jams on eastbound I-70!

The rest of the conference should be pretty relaxing for me - socializing with co-workers tomorrow evening and attending other people's presentations on Thursday.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2006, 07:11:15 PM »

Dakota Celt... I love an American in Paris.  I have ridden a Llama, a Camel and an elephant
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

Reminder - NY address is c/o Milford Plaza.

DR WFO and I watched them film the long playing commercial for the Milford Plaza many many years ago...

"Milford Plaza is the lullaby of Old Broadwaaaaaaaay!"

(I think it was after we had gone to a preview of Nine)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up