Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CRUMBLING MIND  (Read 19822 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE CRUMBLING MIND
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2006, 07:42:41 AM »

Reading reviews of BLADE RUNNER on the internet this morning reminded me I haven't seen that movie in ages. I have the Director's Cut on laserdisc, but I didn't buy the first DVD release nor have I sprung for this remastered one.

I do think the Director's Cut is a decided improvement on the film that I reviewed theatrically (and which bombed so badly at the box-office when first released). But I guess I'll watch the laserdisc again at some point this weekend.

I read that Ridley Scott is coming out with a final cut of the film on DVD early next year, and then Warners is releasing a deluxe edition late next year with ALL the various versions of the film.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2006, 07:43:24 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Two Dance!!![/move]

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2006, 07:45:38 AM »

As for today's viewing, I have made no selections as yet. Still weighing my options. And, one never knows what might arrive in the mail. (fingers crossed mode)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2006, 07:47:03 AM »

Good news from DRJENNIFER....now we must see a photo of the cake!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2006, 07:47:45 AM »

I would like a Region 1 DVD of FOUR HORSEMEN with Ms Thulin's dialog track as well.....we shall see....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2006, 07:52:56 AM »

I'm up, I'm up and I'm tiiiired, I'm tiiiired.  Knowing I had to get up early, I couldn't fall asleep and didn't until about three.  I guess I'll try to jog in about fifteen minutes from now, but if I'm not in the jogging place I'll do it late this afternoon.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2006, 07:53:16 AM »

Re:LOVE - NEW
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 05:53:20 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mother called me early this morning to tell me more about it. Of course she express worries about my upcoming trip.

The truth is violence can happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Just pray one is not there when it happens.

Very true, one of my student worker's friend was murdered at a small college in Valley City, ND this past week.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2006, 07:54:13 AM »

Broken leg vibes to Kevin S., Matt A., MattH, PennyO, and all the thespians!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2006, 08:13:12 AM »

Re:SENOR BK'S THURSDAY ADVENTURE
« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 11:16:22am »  

FJL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loved Anne Heche in both PROOF and TWENTIETH CENTURY on Broadway.

Despite the weirdness in her personal life, she seems to have it all as a star and as an actress.

I have enjoyed Anne's work also. She used to be on Another World where she played Vicki. She was such a fun and nasty woman! I enjoyed her character there...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2006, 08:23:28 AM »

I just had to share this...

There is a new lurker on a soap board: AHealthyRespectforBats

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2006, 08:31:30 AM »

Hiya, kidz! Lovely morning here today! i just LOVE LA!!!

My sister has gone off on her annual wine country grape-stomp, and I am taking care of her dawg - who has Addison's Disease. Last time I saw her, i thought we would surely lose her... but the doc made a good diagnosis, and she is medicated twice a day, and seems to be her old jolly self again!

Said sister whisked me off a-shopping with her yesterday, and I actually BOUGHT A NEW DRESS - this is something quite foreign to me - but she shlepped me into Anthropologie to check out the sale - and I found a close-fitting black jersey dress in XS, the only one they had. Ooops! I tried it on... big mistake... then just had to have it. Wasn't even on sale... but I do love it. Those of you in the vicinity will probably be seeing a lot of it.

ELMO!!! Congrats on your excellent review!! And please send my best wishes to Andy, too! Wow! Can't wait to see the show!!!!! (Is there a part in it for me?)
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2006, 08:36:34 AM »

I've always loved the word "frap." When I was a teacher, I couldn't curse in the classroom, of course, but when something went really wrong, that's what I'd say, an amalgamation of the "f-word" and "crap."

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2006, 08:37:38 AM »

Now, I have some chores around the house to finish, and then I'll start on lunch preparation.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2006, 08:48:17 AM »

And New York is ready for you, Ginny!  :)

Aw, gee, thanks, DR FJL - that's the nicest thing anybody's said to me today!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2006, 09:01:41 AM »

TOD:

Groovy, swell, nifty, holy cow.

My mom always used the funniest swear words...Jesus H. Christ, For Crying in a Bucket, For the Love of Pete, etc.

My dad would just swear like a sailor...which of course he had been.

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2006, 09:02:47 AM »

Shortly I will hie myself to the Wood of Sher to pick up my little grandneice Taylor and we will travel to Beaverton to attend "Festival Japan" where much fun will be had and we will meet Hello Kitty herself! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2006, 09:05:55 AM »

Last night I started my Bollywood movie of the week which if the first hour is like the rest of the movie it may just become my favorite Bollywood movie!!

LAGAAN (2001). It is a looooooong movie, but it is sure good!

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2006, 09:06:42 AM »

Have fun at the show today BK, and be sure to say hello to Mamie Van Doren!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2006, 09:23:47 AM »

I shall now be on my way to the show.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2006, 09:39:59 AM »

TOD - always liked Bitchin! I like Way Cool. Hunky-dorey. Spazzed-out.

Have fun at the show, Bruce!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Hotsie-totsie. And the ever-popular SWELL!
PennyO

FJL

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2006, 09:46:05 AM »

Skip watched LAGAAN a few weeks ago.  He absolutely loved it, all the way through.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2006, 10:00:45 AM »

Good morning to Esteemed and short-slept BK, and to the lovely H/Ks here today.  

BK - I send you slightly belated good wishes for your signing show today (in case you have already left).  One of the great things about that show is that you never know what will happen.  DP Kerry and I went to one some years back, and we ended up having a really nice and interesting conversation with Norman Fell.  We loved the short-lived series "The Boys" and he tipped us off how to get some missing episodes!

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2006, 10:22:32 AM »

I just had to share this...

There is a new lurker on a soap board: AHealthyRespectforBats

It's not me. I haven't watched a soap in over 20 years

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2006, 10:28:09 AM »

I took my car in to get recall work and an oil change. Man was that a cluster!  When I set the appointment they said I didn't need my recall card, so I didn't take it with me. So they run my vin and say that I don't have any recalls that apply to me and they can't do it.   They did do the oil change, though. Actually it's ok. The certified Prius guy wasn't there today, so I'd rather have him work on it.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2006, 10:37:16 AM »

Just ordered 3 items from TravelSmith - DH Richard says I'll probably send 2 back!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2006, 11:12:24 AM »

While shopping at TravelSmith I noticed that they have a Travel Resources area on their website.  My favorite part is the destination reading lists from Longitude Books.  Here's the one for

New York City

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2006, 11:48:34 AM »

Thanks, DR DakotaCelt, for the good wishes. I really hate auditioning, but at least for plays, there is definitely less pressure than for musicals where you have to remember your song lyrics and hope your voice doesn't crack, you have to pick up the dance combinations quickly and not look like a stumble bum, and you have to do cold readings. With plays, you only do the latter.

When I auditioned for Cannibal: The Musical!, not many people worried about anything like what you've mentioned. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2006, 11:48:47 AM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »

Well, my sister and niece are here working outside in the yard (my sister has very specific ideas of what she wants to do, so I can't help her...yea!).  What I need to do is work inside and finish cleaning up and packing.  Now that the vanity in the bathroom and the stove/oven in the kitchen have been replaced, I need to pack up whatever I don't absolutely need in those rooms, then move to the living room and then (if there's time today), the extra bedroom.  My records and piano are in there, but they're not being moved at all until I actually move into my new place. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up