Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY IS THE DAY  (Read 19019 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
TODAY IS THE DAY
« on: September 28, 2006, 08:49:17 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very today, and now it is time for you to post until today's cows come home, which might be yesterday or tomorrow, depending on their MOOd.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 09:26:12 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:TODAY IS THE DAY
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 08:52:43 PM »

And the word of the day is: CYNOSURE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 11:57:41 PM »

A lull. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 12:02:19 AM »

In my CD player:  nothing.  I have several things at work, but I haven't listened to anything in the last few days.  Maybe I will today.

In my DVD player:  "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House" and "The Conversation," both movies recommended by my fellow HHWers.

In my VCR:  tapes of shows that I taped over the last week or so.  I MUST WATCH THESE...and soon!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 12:10:15 AM »

Well, on the condo front...I got a call from my realtor yesterday and she said that the seller would like to close today (Friday)!  Today??  The closing date was planned to be Monday (which is also next month), but I called the mortgage company and my mom (she's giving me the down payment ;D).  Todd at the mortgage company said that everything on his end is okay.  My mom, however, said that she can't get the money for the down payment until Monday because it's in a CD (certificate of deposit) and it doesn't mature until October 1 (Sunday).  

However, if it's okay with the title company, I might be able to sign all the papers and pay the fees today, but then just give them the down payment on Monday.  I have to call the title company very early today (not this early, though ;)) to see if they can/will even want to do it that way.  I also don't know, even if they will allow me to sign the papers today, if they'll give me the keys to the place today.  We'll see!

George

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 12:12:05 AM »

And now, I must be off.  I still have to put out the garbage and whatever recycling that I'm going to put out and pay a few bills before I go to bed.

Good night...whoever is still here. :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 04:17:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: CYNOSURE!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
And the band played as their CYNOSURE.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 04:22:19 AM »

"I CURSE YON COY NURSE!" shouted Basil, the bedridden Shakespearean actor.  "Her CORNY USE of that foul catheter has become the CYNOSURE of my affections!"
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 04:25:37 AM »

Condo vibes, George.

Wait a sec.  That sounds like I'm wishing you an earthquake.

Let's switch to downpayment vibes.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 04:34:01 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up!  I'm up!

So... There is a world before 8:00am.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 04:39:02 AM »

Oh, yes, Jose. We on the overtime crew are very familiar with the world before 8am  ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 04:40:41 AM »

Oh yes.....before 8 am!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 04:41:26 AM »

Hmmm......broken leg vibes to those doing THE LAST STARFIGHTER today (and tomorrow) - and vibes for a large and enthusiastic audience at each and every performance!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 04:42:06 AM »

This is the weekend of our Grand ReOpening Under New Management at the lovely World of Wisdom.  Hopefully we will have lots of customers!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 04:43:12 AM »

TOD:

CD - Irwin Allen interviews about his Television sci fi series along with some music and sound FX from the same.

DVD - Aventurera, after talking to DR EDISAURUS about it, I had to see it again.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 04:43:53 AM »

Off to work.  I may be able to check back later....depending on the number of customers....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 04:44:12 AM »

DVD player -

I've been running through some of the older DOCTOR WHO stories this week, on the secondary TV set, while der Brucer has been hogging commandeering exploiting using the main set to watch one show while recording a second, none of which I care for.

Specifically, I've watched the stories The Three Doctors (John Pertwee, with guests Patrick Troughton and William Hartnell) and Pyramids of Mars (Tom Baker).  Fun stuff.

A REMINDER TO DER BRUCER -

The Second Season of the revived Doctor Who starts tonight, with David Tennant taking over the role of the Doctor.  Yes, I know that you're planning on recording it, while watching the shows you like on CBS.  But you should know - they're showing two (count 'em, two) stories on Sci-Fi back to back, 150 minutes worth, and the re-run starts at 10:30!  So, you can either record the Doctor starting at eight, or cut into the middle of whatever else you're recording at 10:00, because [size=10]the Doctor and I shall not be separated!!![/size]

Thanks.   :-*

Ben

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 04:44:22 AM »

I have a bag full of CDs to get me through the day.

I also must call an ophthalmologist. I went to the doctor yesterday because on Wednesday evening just before I went to bed I noticed that my left eye had what amounts to a bruise. I called my doctor yesterday morning and was able to get an afternoon appointment. I have what is referred to in the medical trade as a

SUBCONJUNCTIVAL HEMATOMA

basically, what I said before, a bruise on the eye. I have no idea how it happened but my doctor is not worried and said it will slowly go away, like a bruise on any other part of the body. He referred me to an ophthalmologist so I have to call and make an appointment today for some time next week. Just wanted to warn anyone who will see me this weekend. I'm sure the red will still be there. It looks gruesome but there is no pain or any kind of swelling. It just looks like I got hit in the eye.

On that note I will retire to the Annie E. Casey Foundation.

Later.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 04:45:46 AM »

Ditto on the broken legs!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 04:47:35 AM »

Ouch!  Bad timing, Ben!  If you'd had that SUBCONJUNCTIVAL HEMATOMA a month later, you could have used it as part of a Halloween get-up!

Ben

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 04:48:12 AM »

I forgot to mention this.

I saw on Playbill On-Line this morning that Elizabeth Allen died.

Playbill

Even though the show was not particularly successful her biggest success was probably playing the lead in the Rodgers/Sondheim show, Do I Hear a Waltz?.

She had retired and was living in a nursing home in upstate New York.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2006, 04:50:06 AM »

Friday Media Check:

CDs via iPod Shuffle:
Martha Argerich and Friends - Live from the Lugano Festival 2005 - Quite a nice and varied program of chamber music.
The Pajama Game - Roundabout Revival Cast (Harry Connick, Jr., Kelli O'Hara, etc.)
Sunday In The Park With George - 2006 London Cast - Listening to this had me tearing up a few times on the Acela.
Madeleine Peyroux - "Half The Perfect World"
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2006, 04:56:33 AM »

Hals und Beinbruch! to The Last Starfighter gang.

-Alas, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make back to NYC for one of the readings this weekend, and due to some ailments in the cast and orchestra in the land of Cabaret, I may have to hang out in DC until Sunday.  So, I may not make it up for the Joe Allen get-together either tomorrow night.  Just taking it day by day, hour by hour, and e-mail by e-mail from my stage manager.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2006, 04:57:40 AM »

Well, time to get into chauffeur mode here...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2006, 05:00:42 AM »

Some masochist is out on the street in front of our house, walking two miniature schnauzer pups.  She's trying to make one of the pups to stop yapping.  Like I say, a masochist.  Miniature schnauzers are the most stubborn of dogs.

And now, I'm off to work!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 05:01:23 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept around 10 hours last night, and I'm feeling much peppier this morning.  I'm listening to Rodney Gilfry's concert from last April, and enjoying my down time.

Today, I have a trip to Toyland, then The Last Starfighter, and a quiet evening with The Brain.

TOD:  
  CD:  Rodney Gilfry, Guy Haines, Jule Styne in Holywood
  DVD:  those three Netflix films are still sitting here
  VHS:  oy!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 05:08:48 AM »

Also forgot to mention

I hope that Mr. Shayne is having a wonderful time in Eastern Europe!

I'm listening to Peter, Paul and Mary right now. No Easy Walk to Freedom.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 05:44:01 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  Today is an information-waitressing day for me.  It's also my last day here at work before my glorious 9 days away, so I may have some trouble concentrating.

TOD - CD(car) - The Last Starfighter, in honor of the performances today and tomorrow.  Break a leg, BK!

DVD - Good Night and Good Luck
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 05:45:49 AM »

DR Ben - Eye-healing vibes!  That sounds like what a couple of my co-workers have had.  It's always hard to believe that something that looks like that does not hurt.  Take care!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2006, 05:57:55 AM »

Well, my wakeup call didn't arrive at 7:45 so I woke up at 8:30 - now I'm rushing trying to get ready (I've shaved and am about to shower) and my voice will be what it will be this morning, as I'll have no time to get hot tea (maybe they'll have some there).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up