Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING TO THE WELL  (Read 24069 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:GOING TO THE WELL
« Reply #150 on: October 04, 2006, 07:29:53 PM »

HHW Midwestern NYC Convention!

I am considered Great Plains....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: October 04, 2006, 07:31:09 PM »

Page 6 dance!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2006, 07:31:29 PM »

Have fun vibes to all the Hainsies and Kimlets visiting the Big Apple!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: October 04, 2006, 07:38:39 PM »

Well, if I have to watch it 100 times, I'm gonna tie you down in the chair next to me...

Hmm..

Maybe not...  I think you'd like that.  Being tied down that is.  :P

Why, Jose, the way you talk!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: October 04, 2006, 07:42:27 PM »

I had a question about the hotels and whether I would likely be safe or end up another Blue Dahlia.

A Blue Dahlia?  What the heck is a Blue Dahlia?  Is it similar to the Black Dahlia?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #155 on: October 04, 2006, 07:57:29 PM »

or is it black and blue TCB?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: October 04, 2006, 07:58:22 PM »

Blue Dahlia is a film written by Raymond Chandler, starring Alan Ladd.  

vixmom, I'll be back on October 19th, rehearse with the gals on the 20th, record on the 21st, and back home on the 22nd.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2006, 08:24:43 PM »

I spent a good deal of time on the phone tonight after I cleaned the den, so I only had time to watch the season finale from THE CLOSER's first season DVD set. Just love the opening when all her squad is making fun of her, and she enjoys their jokes. Finally, she starts to feel like she fits in. I loved that moment when I first saw it, and I love seeing it again and again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2006, 08:26:53 PM »

I agree with you, DR Jennifer. In fact, I'm convinced that if someone were not a fan of VERONICA MARS previously and watched the first 10 minutes of the show's premiere, they would become an instant fan based on that opening scene.

Sad to say, there was no bump in the ratings from its status last year. It opened to the same rating it did last season.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2006, 08:28:31 PM »

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS didn't start off with a strong rating either. Of course, it's facing two of the most popular shows on TV right now: DANCING WITH THE STARS and NCIS, and any sports minded men were probably watching the baseball playoffs last night instead of FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS even with its football motif. It finished fourth in the time slot.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2006, 08:29:26 PM »

BONES had a somewhat different case tonight involving a murder involving a COlombian family protected by diplomatic immunity. The murderer was something of a surprise.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2006, 08:31:55 PM »

LOST had a brilliant season premiere full of the kind of enigmatic occurrences that have kept it a ratings winner for two years now.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2006, 08:33:00 PM »

I enjoyed THE NINE, too. The characters have good foundations on which to build our interest and curiosity, and I can't wait for the flashbacks into their 52 hour hostage situation to begin, I suppose next week.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 08:33:43 PM by Matt H. »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2006, 08:43:36 PM »

Pwoject Wunway - no surprises, but fun to see everyone together again.

Keith is on drugs....  Vincent is delusional....  Angela actually still believes she can design clothes...second in the delusional horse race.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2006, 08:44:02 PM »

I wonder what jhvw and DR JOSE are doing?

Song inspired by Vertigo....interesting.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2006, 08:45:11 PM »

I have a feeling I'll be speeding through much of tonight's PROJECT RUNWAY tomorrow afternoon.

FJL

« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2006, 08:46:44 PM »

Folks going out after Drowsy Chaperone tomorrow night - I made a reservation for a large table at Joe Allen's for 10:15 after the show.  The group that I'm aware of is Ben and Anthony, Cilla and Jon, Ginny and Richard, Larry, and me.  

(Joe Allen's won't be the same without Bruce there, of course.)  

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

I got my Amazon shipping notice for THE LITTLE MERMAID. It just shipped today, so I can't expect it until at least Friday, probably Saturday, and maybe not until Monday.

I never bought the last DVD since it was an enhanced transfer, but I took out my laserdisc tonight and may try to watch it over the next day or two just to see it on laserdisc for probably the last time.

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2006, 08:48:12 PM »

I also recorded Esther Williams' first big Technicolor musical off TCM today - BATHING BEAUTY. I've never seen this, so I need to try to get to it over the next few days, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2006, 08:48:38 PM »

And now I'm heading for bed.

Good night!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2006, 08:57:18 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Not one question.  

Ok. What kind of flowers do you have blooming in your yard?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »

Just  a couple of potted things that were here when I moved in and which I'm happy to say are still alive and well.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2006, 09:20:17 PM »

Today I planted some passion flower vines. It was an exciting day.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2006, 09:33:46 PM »

Greetings from 8th Ave and 45th Street!!!  It was an adventure getting here today, but really wasn't bad for either of us, just lots of delays. Chicago and Milwaukee got nailed with a heavy storm this morning so we were stuck with lots of delays. I re-routed completely because our plane was broken.  Jon was able to make his flights because the second was as delayed as the first.   He landed about 4:30 PM. I arrived at 5:00PM. By the time we got to the hotel - lots of traffic, checked in and got to the room it was about 6:45 PM. We just had time to clean up and get to the theatre in time to see ACL
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:38:29 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2006, 09:37:34 PM »

Don't know if Jose and Jon like pina coladas, but they definitely got caught in the rain tonight.  Just as I left them in Shubert Alley and went into Junior's to get something to eat, there was a torrential downpour.  Last I saw them, they were walking down the street. If they got out of the rain they were lucky.  I had a lovely BLT and a piece of raspberry swirl cheesecake and waited til the rain started to let up just a little and made my way back to the hotel.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2006, 09:42:40 PM »

We enjoyed A CHORUS LINE tonight. Jon didn't know anything about it other than he'd heard the OCR and he really liked it.  I saw it in London in 1977 and New York in 1978.  I liked it. I didn't love it and agree with a lot of what I've read here. There were really good moments for me, but overall it just didn't have the power it had before. I'm glad I saw it, though.

Cillaliz

« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2006, 09:45:09 PM »

So, time for me to say goodnight. Our room isn't bad. It's fairly small, but since it has 2 double beds, it isn't tiny.  It's an interior room, so it's really pretty quiet.

Thanks to everyone for the vibes today. I'm sure they helped to smooth things out, and they were very much appreciated

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:17 PM »

In all my goings on about the NY trip I did forget to mention one thing - one night during rehearsal, we had to change rooms (at least I don't think I told this story) - we went to our new room - the group in there were wrapping up a casting session.  As I entered, I looked around and didn't really recognize anyone until my eyes lit on Mr. John Kander (it was a casting session for Skin Of Our Teeth).  I went over to him and he seemed actually happy to see me - we had a nice little chat and he went on his merry way.  Before he did, he asked what I was doing, and when I mentioned Starfighter he seemed to have heard of it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2006, 10:49:25 PM »

Glad you made it safely to NYC Cilla and Jhvw...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at the show and a fine gathering afterwards.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2006, 10:51:08 PM »

Local college is doing "THe Children's Hour" for their play this fall. I am considering going to see it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:51:41 PM by DakotaCelt »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up