Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A GAZELLE IN A GARTER BELT  (Read 27619 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A GAZELLE IN A GARTER BELT
« on: October 06, 2006, 12:10:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were filled with pith, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're all wearing garter belts now, in homage to the gazelle.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 01:21:15 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:A GAZELLE IN A GARTER BELT
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 12:14:00 AM »

And the word of the day is: COMMODIOUS!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 12:32:33 AM »

I know this is related to yesterday's discussion but I thought I would still share it.

Not sure if you are all aware of what the Library Of Congress has on their site but they have a bit dedicated to a page called American Memory. This part of the site is chuckful of goodies including music.

I thought I would share some of the online collections... The Slave interviews are interesting.

http://www.loc.gov/folklife/onlinecollections.html
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 12:50:53 AM »

DakotaCelt, if I remember correctly, you had asked about library patrons using cell phones in the library.  Have you ever heard of an Internet comic strip called Unshelved™[/b]?  It's about a library in the fictional (I think) Mallville Public Library.

Anyway, I recently discovered it and I went back to some of their previous strips and they had a week on cell phone use!  Click HERE to see the first strip in the cell phone series.  Click on the ">" box (third box from the left) underneath the strip to go to the next day.  It's pretty funny. ;D

You can also sign up to get it every day through e-mail!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 12:56:07 AM »

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DR JMK!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 01:15:42 AM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player:  two CDs that just arrived yesterday!  Audra McDonald's new CD, "Build a Bridge" and the 2006 Original Off-Broadway Cast recording to I Love You Because[/u]!

In my VCR:  several tapes of TV shows from the last couple of weeks.  Late last night, I went through the tapes and wrote down what all the shows are on them.  The plan is to someday watch them all. ::) Tonight, the new season of "Battlestar Galactica" starts!  I plan to watch it but will tape it just in case something comes up and I'm not home.

In my DVD player:  "Grease" (I've never owned this on DVD), all 26 episodes of "Victory At Sea" (for only $9.95...but someone on Amazon.com wrote that this specific release is abridged! :P) and "Gojira."

:)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 04:24:37 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up! I'm up!

And now...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR JMK!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 04:26:44 AM »

Well... It's raining here... And I just hope the rain doesn't end up dampening NYC too much the rest of this weekend for all the visiting Hainsies and Kimlets.  -However, I sometimes like NYC in the rain.  It's a great excuse to stay inside... shopping.  ;)

In any case... I'm just trying to figure out if my flight down to Ft. Lauderdale will get delayed... And speaking of flights...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2006, 04:30:21 AM »

I should be departing DCA about three hours (10:25) from now for Ft. Lauderdale - with a stop in Charlotte.  -I'll wave to you, DR MattH!  The cruise doesn't start until tomorrow, but we have a brief meeting/briefing/rehearsal tonight.  I still have a little bit of packing to take care of - along with my usual last minute un-packing and re-packing.. ;-)  So...

Laters....
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 04:55:27 AM »

Good morning!  I'm off to breakfast with Peter Miller, busines partner and friend of Edisaurus.  Jon is sound a sleep and when he woke briefly, I told him to sleep in. We're both having a great time. I'm in dire need of caffine, so I'm off.  
Safe travel vibes to DR Jose...have a fabulous time..
Happy Birthday JMK!

Ginny

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 04:55:42 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  As DR Cillaliz told you last night, we had a delightful Thursday in the park with Jose and then a truly enchanted evening at dinner, The Drowsy Chaperone, and Joe Allen.  Visiting the Marquis stage and visiting with 2 members of the cast over drinks and snacks afterwards were once-in-a-lifetime experiences.  DR Elmore was instrumental in creating a truly magical evening and DH Richard and I are truly grateful  :-*

Today, it's back to reality for me - my conference starts in a little over an hour, so I'd better make my way over to Fifth Avenue to catch my bus to work.

Happiest of birthdays to DR JMK!

Travel vibes to DR Jose!

We're going to call it an early evening tonight, so I'll be back then to sit a spell...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 04:57:31 AM »

Morning Ginny. Have a great conference

FJL

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 05:01:15 AM »

Happy birthday to JMK!

Travel vibes to Jose!  And thanks for the chocolate, and especially for Toby and Dylan's treats.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 05:02:18 AM »

Good morning!  I'm off to breakfast with Peter Miller, busines partner and friend of Edisaurus.
More than a business partner...my mentor and director!
Give him a hug for me. Are you meeting at the Edison? That's always a breakfast staple!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 05:05:08 AM »

der Brucer combs the web with elan:

The problem finding an answer - it was NOT Hitchcock!

Wow! I am impressed! You certainly may play your cross-hands piece! (My cat has already played her cross-paws peice today...)

I searched and searched, but my problem was i was always including the word "Hitchcock"! Thanks for finding that, and solving the puzzle of what to get my father for his birthday. I'm ordering this right now!

THANKSYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ben

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 05:06:12 AM »

Although I probably wouldn't have changed my mind, had I known that Lenny Wolpe was joining the group at Joe Allen's I may have been tempted to stay last night. I'm sure he doesn't remember me because I haven't seen him for 30 odd years but we were at the University of Minnesota at the same time. I was beginning and he was ending his time there. I was there beginning as Mary Pat Gleason and Lenny Wolpe and Marianne Muellerleile were ending. They all went on to solid careers out in California. I would love to have spoken to him about old friends and old times. He is wonderful as Feldzig in DC. He was in NY for a while when I moved here but he has spent most of his time in California and has a family and a solid career out there. I'm glad he's back in NY for a while.

As others have said, it was a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful evening in the theatre last night. Thank you Jane, again, for your tickets. And thank you Larry for knowing Danny Burstein which allowed us entrance backstage for a very nice ending to a very nice evening. What a great group of people are the HHWs. I'm very glad to say I know you all.

For those wanting pictures, I'm afraid you will be disappointed. There may be pictures from the Central Park tour (I wasn't there) but there were actually very few pictures taken last week and there were no pictures taken last night at the restaurant or at the theatre. Were there pictures taken at Joe Allen's?

Gotta get to work. DR Ginny will be here soon although she will be on the second floor and I'm on the third floor. We both have full days ahead. She has a conference and I'm busy with my regular work. She will also be here tomorrow for a continuation of the conference.

Later!

FJL

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 05:07:03 AM »

Great seeing guests to NYC Cilla, Ginny, Jon and Richard last night.  It was fun seeing Larry as always and Danny Burstein, and Maureen Silliman (who was in the Last starfighter readings with BK) asked Lenny Wolpe to join us, and he did.  We had a table for 8 with 9 people at it, so it was a little cozy, but lovely.

Ben

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 05:07:30 AM »

Oh, yes. I forgot

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JMK!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 05:32:40 AM »

Indeed! Happy birthday, JMK!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 05:34:46 AM »

Happy Birthday DR JMK!  And congratulations on finishing your Home Improvement project!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Edisaurus

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 05:34:54 AM »

For those wanting pictures, I'm afraid you will be disappointed.

Well, you people obviously need a documentarian on the crew. I think several here could fit the bill, including our own"wildlife" photographers (when you go to those "special interest places")!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 05:35:42 AM »

TIGHT SPOT!!!  With Miss Ginger Rogers too old for the part she's playing...but channeling Iris Adrian/Joan Blondell anyway....and some good performances by Edward G. Robinson and especially Brian Keith.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 05:36:29 AM »

Working for the next three days, so I may be scarce.

Loved hearing about the Walk AND the theatre evening.  Show thoughts, please.....  Favorite number, favorite costume, funniest moment....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 05:37:07 AM »

TOD:  

CD Mamma Mia cast

VCR: Nada

DVD: The Towering Inferno SE

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 05:46:39 AM »

And the word of the day is: COMMODIOUS!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
The dancefloor was suddenly COMMODIOUS
because all the other dancers were using the men's and ladie's rooms.

Aw, c'mon, someone had to go for that pun!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 05:51:50 AM »

Edward Hibbert and Georgia Engel and their spit takes still makes me laugh and I've seen it three times!

I love the Toledo Surprise and Stumble Along (Beth Leval's Tony-Award winning number).

The costume changes for Miss Foster in Show Off (often called I Don't Want to Show Off) are great.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 05:52:11 AM by Ben »

Ben

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 05:53:00 AM »

Right now I'm listening to Dames at Sea (1969 Off-Broadway Cast ). I have much more to listen to as the day progresses.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 05:53:13 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]Happy Birthday[/size][/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]JMK!!![/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 05:55:26 AM »

The cows DO MOO MUSIC while wearing their COMMODIOUS garters!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up