Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: TEASE  (Read 26727 times)

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:TEASE
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2006, 09:23:33 AM »

Good morning all!

Thanks for posting the pictures, George.  That cake was indeed horrifyingly huge.  I've never seen such a thing in my life.  Jed and I managed the first layer, but that was it.  
DR TCB and I spent a wonderful afternoon with our Australian brethren, strolling around parts of Seattle, and chatting in my somewhat tidy living room.  They are such delightful people, and I am so glad we got the chance to meet them.  At six, when DR George and Jed showed up, we headed off to find dinner, running into some difficulty because it was apparently homecoming in Tacoma, meaning half the teenage population was out in fancy dresses eating dinner.  Ah well.  We found our very yummy Italian food and my gargantuan cake and all was well.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2006, 09:24:19 AM »

Yay, and i started page two

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2006, 09:46:33 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Finally I slept past eight o'clock!  

People reading books - that's what I'M talkin' about.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2006, 10:00:30 AM »

We had to go up to deer hunting land to find "Frog Togs", which as supposed to be the best lightweight, water-repellant outer garments on the market.

This meant that we had to go to a huge, very high end store predominately devoted to deer hunters and the accessories they require.

There is a huge Animal Murderer's Wearhouse some 30 miles from you that carries "Frogg Toggs":

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2006, 10:09:40 AM »

Greetings from Laguardia.   We had a wonderful time with DR Elmore last night. Then we went back to the hotel and I crashed.  Jon wasn't awake much longer. We had a nice breakfast this morning and made our way to the airport. My flight is delayed, probably because of good weather, lol.  I think I've got enough time in Chicago that I should be able to  make the connection without any problem.

We had a great trip.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2006, 10:12:48 AM »

Isn't it fun to be able to post from the airport?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 10:13:16 AM »

Hope the delay isn't a bad one and that the flight is safe for all who are flying.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2006, 10:15:39 AM »

This meant that we had to go to a huge, very high end store predominately devoted to deer hunters and the accessories they require. It was full of people with tattoos, more tattoos than teeth in some cases. (Most of the tattoos were spelled correctly.)

Uhhhh...are there any hunters in this group? Sorry if I'm offending anyone...

ROTFLOL

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »

Good Afternoon!

The Carribean Princess is currently moored off of Princess Cays - a.k.a. Princess Cruise Line's own island.  I went over this morning for a couple of hours of sun, food and walking in the water.  Very nice.  -And, it's definitely still summer down here!  I think they said it was around 92.  However, the water is very cool, and just so, so blue.  Very beautiful.  We're at see all day tomorrow on our way to Ocho Rios.

I'm just taking a break right now in the Atrium - which is the only place on the ship with wireless.  And I just wanted to pop in and say, "Hi!".  -I'm gonna try to load each page of posts, and then read them off-line since they charge for the computer time.  -Thankfully, it's not too bad a fee, but it's still a fee, so...

Hope everyone is doing well.

Safe Travel Vibes to DR Ginny and her DH Richard, and DRs Cillaliz and jhvw.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2006, 10:19:43 AM »

Safe travel vibes to Cilla and jvhw, and Ginny and Richard.

FJL

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

Safe cruising vibes to Jose.

FJL

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2006, 10:22:39 AM »

We're celebrating Bill Parry's Birthday (which was actually yesterday) this afternoon.  New-fan-of-BK Maureen Silliman will of course be here as well.

Maureen said again what a great time she had the other night meeting folks from the HHW board.

Jane

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2006, 10:22:41 AM »

DRLaura, George & DerBrucer-The photos are wonderful, thanks.  

Ann & George, thanks for the details of your time with the Aussies.  I’m looking forward to meeting them in person.  I have much to do before I leave for Portland on Tuesday.  

Jane

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2006, 10:24:13 AM »

Jose-this current gig is working you too hard.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2006, 10:26:42 AM »

Isn't it fun to be able to post from the airport?
Yes, at least it's more fun than sitting here doing nothing...

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2006, 10:27:56 AM »

We're celebrating Bill Parry's Birthday (which was actually yesterday) this afternoon.  New-fan-of-BK Maureen Silliman will of course be here as well.

Maureen said again what a great time she had the other night meeting folks from the HHW board.

Please tell her hello, it was nice to meet her too

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2006, 10:29:18 AM »

Safe cruising vibes to DR Jose....or maybe I should say safe cruise ship vibes....

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2006, 10:31:33 AM »

Safe travel vibes to ginny and richard.

I'm not really worried about this delay. We're supposed to land on time even though we take off 20 minutes late.  I'm here very early. Jhvw is scheduled to leave 20 minutes before my scheduled time, so I got here early with him.   I think I have an hour between flights in Chicago. Not a long time, but I should make it

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »

Think I'll go for a little walk I'll probably be back later

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

Wait! elmo, don't go!!!

I'm up early, to leave here at 7:30 for the last marathon day of the first marathon weekend of this masters program. It's grueling - but I'm having a wonderful ttime.

During yesterday's lunch break, I sped back to the apartment to do my Anthropology exam, an open-book test, due on Tuesday. Today, I'll bring my books with me, to avoid wasting any time I might otherwise spend driving back and forth - I'll do my Logic exam (another open-book deal...) and study for the Tuesday Comm test, and start my French song Lit paper, due tomorrow, and prepare my speech, due Thursday, and study for the Wednesday Phonetics exam. Oy. What was I thinking???

Good luck and studying vibes!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2006, 10:54:41 AM »

Good day one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2006, 10:56:25 AM »

Nice picture of Tom and Colin!!

Thanks for sharing the fall colours derBrucer.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2006, 11:07:04 AM »

Uhhhh...are there any hunters in this group? Sorry if I'm offending anyone...

But the other thing that actually made me feel ill is the length (and expense!) that these people will go to to hunt deer. All these high-tech tree stands and clothing covered with a leaf-life material and a garnish that you could wrap around yourself to look even MORE like a tree, an evil, gun-wielding tree that is, plus the bags of deer chow and other attractants you can use to lure the deer into a false sense of security (or maybe even a garter belt!) and well, it seemed like the deer don't stand a chance! It was very depressing.

In (some) defense of hunters:

If we are to eat meat, then killing animals is the price.

If venison is to be reasonably edible, the deer must be killed swiftly - a wounded animal runs through the forest with its glands spewing out all sorts of nasty enzymes which taint the meat - thus a "good shot" and a quick kill is best for hunter and hunted alike.

Whether we hunt the deer wearing homespun clothes armed with a bow and arrow, or use a high powered sniper scope from a low flying plane, from the deer's point of view, it's all the same. The bow-and-arrow hunters who claim they are giving their prey a fair chance present a most fatuous argument. If you want to give them a "fair chance" then stay at home and watch football on TV.

Many hunters will tell you the part they enjoy most about their hunting trips is the whole "getting down with nature" business (me, I'd "get down" with a camera, not a gun.)

If I were to pass an ethical judgment on a hunter, I would ask her to rank the following in order of appreciation: the treks through the woods, the kill, the "dressing", and the dining. Those who place "the killing" high on the list have a problem.

From an ecological point of view, in many areas of the country (including here in Southern Delaware) the white tail deer have become an endemic pest - destroying both natural habitat and agriculture. The herds have become much larger than the land can sustain, and lots of deaths from starvation over the winter are to be expected. For the good of both man and beast, the herds must be thinned out - we either encourage the hunters or let contracts for private enterprise to harvest set quantities. Those who espouse "nature's way" would need to restock the woodlands with the deer's natural enemies: wild cats, wolves, and bears, to restore nature's balance.

And surely, little Betty Sue in camouflage is no more distressing than JonBenet Ramsey in her Slutty Sue   Fetching Franny Little Miss Molest Me outfits.

I wonder what would happen if you required all kids who wanted hunting licences to first show thay could kill and butcher a hog?

On a personal note, I am much less concerned with my son-in-law taking the lads out deer/goose hunting than I am with my daughter who thought having the guests (ages 5-11) shoot BB guns at a target as a birthday party activity was a good idea!

Hunting for game was a regular (and necessary) activity for our rural ancestors, so I guess for our sons to hunt and our girls to knit is in the finest of tradition.

Like so much in life, the issue around "hunting" (and guns in general) should be "responsibilty". The Columbine kids were not Ted Nugents in training!

End of counter-rant.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »

Thanks for sharing the fall colours derBrucer.

Here's some for you:

Rocky Mountain Region Fall Color Report 2006

Fall color at Spearfish Canyon Falls in the Northern Hills Ranger
District of the Black Hills National Forest. Photo taken by
Bonnie Jones on October 01, 2006.

Fall color giving way to winter snow on Cement Ridge in the
Northern Hills Ranger District of the Black Hills National Forest.
Photo taken by Bonnie Jones on October 01, 2006.

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »

Back from a jog, and must now shower and then go to Mr. Grant Geissman's.  I do hope we can finish what we have to do in a couple of hours.

Happy birthday to Bill Parry, but more importantly, a big hug to Maureen Silliman (who still hasn't e-mailed).

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2006, 11:17:59 AM »

Safe Travel Vibes to all the travelers.

Air travel these days can be challenging (the polite way of putting it). Got a call from DD Friday night – not the kind of call a mother likes to get. She was on her way from Denver to Aspen – for business and a high school friend’s wedding. As she’s on the road for three weeks, she has quite a bit of luggage. Her UA flight to Aspen was delayed for hours. On again, off again. Finally the passengers were told that they could no longer fly into the Aspen airport – closed for the night. After this happy announcement, it took TWO HOURS to get their bags off the plane.
This was all backstory that DD told me on the phone from her rental car as she headed for the four-hour nighttime, partly curvy mountain road drive to Aspen! I suggested – strongly – that she book into an airport hotel and wait until early morning to set out. But when DD makes up her mind, that’s it. Luckily she hasn’t inherited her mother’s night vision (or lack of same). Needless to say I spent a very uneasy night waiting for her to call and say she’d arrived safely. …Which she eventually did. Only one funny adventure on the way.

As I said – Travel Safely, DRs!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2006, 11:30:17 AM »

POLITICS - OLD WORLD STYLE:

Catalan Candidate Offers 'Naked Truth'

By SARAH ANDREWS, AP
BARCELONA, Spain (Oct. 7) -

Albert Rivera's nude body is everywhere to be seen - just what he wants as he runs for president of Catalonia. Rivera has filled the streets of Barcelona and other Catalan cities with thousands of posters of him in the buff, modestly shielding himself with his hands.

Beside Rivera's picture, the poster reads: "We don't care where you were born. We don't care which language you speak. We don't care what kind of clothes you wear. We care about you."

Imagine the turnover in Congress if every candidate had to campaign au natural ::)

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2006, 11:35:39 AM »

Yup exterminator is the way to go, DR CP....

DR ELMORE did you check the title page for your inscription?

I thought I had and I had not!  Yep, my Dear Friend BK did sign the book, as I just now discovered,  and I am very happy!  Thank you, BK!

I don't know how this happened; practically perfect people never make mistakes.  I've fallen off my self-imposed pedestal.  AGAIN!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2006, 11:37:08 AM »

Seems DR Anna's work is being over-looked:

MOVIES

In the listing for Hayden-Panettiere they totally overlook TIGER CRUISE.

IMHO, you can overlook Tom, but not Tiger!

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2006, 11:39:08 AM »

Safe cruising vibes to DR Jose....or maybe I should say safe cruise ship vibes....

She was right the first time, wasn't she, DR Jose?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up