Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME FLIES  (Read 23767 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:TIME FLIES
« Reply #150 on: October 11, 2006, 05:15:34 PM »

It is snowing here. We now have celestial dandruff littering the sidewalk!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2006, 05:15:53 PM »

I have now plowed our way to page 6
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #152 on: October 11, 2006, 05:16:29 PM »

Horrible accident in NYC. My thoughts to the family of CAry Lidle...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: October 11, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »

For those who cannot wait: I just read that in November there will be a special edition DVD of Peter Jackson's KING KONG with 13 additional minutes of footage.  For those of us who thought the film too long at 187 minutes, I ask, what the hell?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: October 11, 2006, 05:30:05 PM »

Horrible accident in NYC. My thoughts to the family of CAry Lidle...

It's COry.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: October 11, 2006, 05:36:12 PM »

What a horrible accident in New York.  Just a week ago today, Richard and I sailed past that building on our cruise around Manhattan.  And just this morning, 2 friends from work flew into the city to see My Name is Rachel Corrie (they're big fans of director Alan Rickman).  They're also seeing Wicked and, if they got there in time today were going to try for the Drowsy Chaperone matinee.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: October 11, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »

For those who cannot wait: I just read that in November there will be a special edition DVD of Peter Jackson's KING KONG with 13 additional minutes of footage.  For those of us who thought the film too long at 187 minutes, I ask, what the hell?

So that the producers of the DVD (and Peter Jackson, I'm sure) can get more money out of the fanatics. :P

I (mostly) enjoyed it in the theater, but I haven't bought any version of the DVD, and don't plan to. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: October 11, 2006, 06:13:15 PM »

It's time to eat...then to rehearsal. :) My VCRs are set to tape some shows (LOST!!) and I'll be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2006, 06:21:22 PM »

I completely forgot that I have to go to Mr. Grant Geissman's at six to do some vocal touchups to what we recorded the other day, and then to actually burn the tracks to CD

I've asked the same question re Rewind, which was not purchased by several dear readers - since so many had wanted me to tell that story for so long, I was rather taken aback by it.  Again: How come?

For me, I hadn't heard about Rewind. I don't see it on the Haines or Kritzerland site. Is Amazon the best place to purchase it? It sounds great, based on the reviews I read on Amazon (some by a few familiar names...)   ;)

Also, you should sell the demos you're recording at Grant's before they show up as bootlegs on EBay! (I'd buy one!)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 06:46:35 PM by Edisaurus »
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2006, 06:23:52 PM »

It's time to eat...then to rehearsal. :) My VCRs are set to tape some shows (LOST!!) and I'll be back later.

I'm waiting for Pwoject Wunway.  I just had a debacle with my publisher, who's getting ready to publish a typeset edition of "Appalachian Carols."  The first proof was missing a bar, which was corrected.  Tonight when I was sent the final version, I discovered that the last proof, which was set to go to print, is missing the damned bar again.  Oy!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »

I'm waiting for Pwoject Wunway.  I just had a debacle with my publisher, who's getting ready to publish a typeset edition of "Appalachian Carols."  The first proof was missing a bar, which was corrected.  Tonight when I was sent the final version, I discovered that the last proof, which was set to go to print, is missing the damned bar again.  Oy!

It's a terrible thing to be dis-barred.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2006, 07:01:33 PM »

It's a terrible thing to be dis-barred.

GET THE HOOK!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »

Edisaurus, each of the books has its own personal site - so, in the case of Rewind, it's rewindbook.com.  And, obviously, you are new here and the question wasn't really directed at you.  Also, if you want to order the Kritzer books, since something seems to be wrong with the ordering system right now, just let me know and I can do a three book special for you - cheaper than amazon or anywhere else.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:24 PM »

Back from Mr. Geissman's - we fixed the things that needed to be fixed, and sometime in the next day or so I'll pick up the two CDs.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2006, 08:13:25 PM »

It's COry.

mea culpa for my error!!  I misread... Sorry...

I was reading on the fly

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2006, 08:15:36 PM »

Our cooler weather hasn't hit yet. It's still very pleasant here. I think we'll have one more day of this before the temperatures plunge.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »

mea culpa for my error!!  I misread... Sorry...

I was reading on the fly

What did the fly think of that?  Ask POGUE!

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2006, 08:18:35 PM »

I didn't see Jackson's KING KONG in the theater or on DVD. If HBO or one of the other paycable movie channels picks it up, then, I'll see it. Otherwise, I just can't get excited about seeing a story I already know by heart extended to the breaking point, I don't care how fabulous the effects are.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2006, 08:18:43 PM »

Isn't it funny how no one wants to answer my simple question?  Are you afraid you'll offend me?  You won't.  I'd especially love to hear the answer from my old pal Jane.

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2006, 08:19:27 PM »

I watched the first two episodes in the GREY'S ANATOMY 1st season set. As it turned out, I had seen them both, but I enjoyed them all over again.

Matt H.

« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2006, 08:20:07 PM »

It's starting to rain here. That's a surprise!

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2006, 08:21:23 PM »

30 ROCK was funny until Tracy Morgan came on the scene. Then, for me, the show flopped into the toilet. There were some marvelous lines and Alec Baldwin is going to be fun, but I really did not find Tracy Morgan even a little bit funny.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »

The John Lithgow/Jeffrey Tambor comedy was as broad as I was expecting it to be. Most of the funny jokes had already been used in the promos, so there was nothing new that was remotely amusing. I don't expect this to have a long life.

Cillaliz

« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2006, 08:24:08 PM »

I would say Cluster is the word that best describes my day.  Between the court scheduling my day and my office not telling anyone I was already too busy, today was a total zoo.  I made it through and it was necessary to order baked chicken with dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, a salad and cranberry sauce from the Green Gables

Matt H.

« Reply #174 on: October 11, 2006, 08:28:02 PM »

I caught the last two minutes of DANCING WITH THE STARS, long enough nto see the eliminated couple. . . .

spoiler - - - -

Come on, Mr. Producer! When one of your stars is BEGGING to be released, KICK HIM OFF. I don't care what the vote actually was. The public wouldn't know, and it would make for much better television. Jerry Springer was ACHING for it to be he who was eliminated, so HONOR HIS WISH.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: October 11, 2006, 08:28:14 PM »

BK - I have been buying most everything, but I think there are people on the site who really can't afford to do that and don't really feel like they should be put in a position where they have to buy something to post here and be friends with this wonderful community of people. Plus it would be embarrassing to them to have to tell everyone that's why they aren't buying things.

Just my 2 cents.  

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2006, 08:29:02 PM »

LOST proved once again that it is one of the best shows on TV, a riveting episode from begging to end with thrills, surprises, romance. You couldn't ask for anything more from an adventure show.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2006, 08:35:09 PM »

I have two things to say about THE NINE. (1) I found the episode tonight outstanding. It's really going to twist us in knots wanting to find out everything that went down during that 52 hour hostage situation which watching current day events continue to happen.

(2) The show will begin to lose its audience starting with this episode and not recover. We'll be lucky to get a full season run out of the show.

Unlike LOST which has the personal dramas wrapped around an exciting mystery adventure saga, THE NINE has none of the adventure, and in holding back information from the audience about the characters more than LOST can afford to (since there are only nine characters and a finite amount of past time to deal with), the audience is going to get antsier more quickly about needing information here than they are with LOST. I think the audience will lose patience with the show.

I hope I'm wrong. I really like the show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: October 11, 2006, 08:38:44 PM »

I think everyone here knows that I understand about financial issues - and I know that that could be the case.  One dear reader had that problem with, I believe, Writer's Block - and I sent it to said dear reader and told said dear reader to pay whenever they could - which said dear reader did when they were able.  That way, they enjoyed the book and weren't under any pressure to worry about it - and I make that offer with any of the books to any dear reader.  I'm trying to get to the root of why people who CAN afford it and who have enjoyed earlier books did not get Rewind, a book which I was told everyone was dying to read because the story was of interest to anyone who was around in the early days of this here site.  I'm not trying to guilt trip anyone and I'm just genuinely curious and no one wants to step up and just answer.  I'm not going to be mad, I'm not upset about it, but when something doesn't make sense to me I can let it go for a certain period of time and then my curiosity gets the better of me.  I'm certainly not taking anyone to task - but I hear about other books being read and I just sit here and scratch my head.  No one has to feel obligated to buy anything of mine or anyone else's on this here site, and I think that's pretty plain.  I welcome everyone and I think my open arms should be pretty obvious.   This isn't a message board like other sites have - in other words, part of some message board universe - this one costs money to maintain and I maintain it because a) I love the people who come here, and b) we really are the best community in the history of the Internet.

There, that was certainly long-winded.

Cillaliz

« Reply #179 on: October 11, 2006, 08:39:43 PM »

I have two things to say about THE NINE. (1) I found the episode tonight outstanding. It's really going to twist us in knots wanting to find out everything that went down during that 52 hour hostage situation which watching current day events continue to happen.

(2) The show will begin to lose its audience starting with this episode and not recover. We'll be lucky to get a full season run out of the show.

Unlike LOST which has the personal dramas wrapped around an exciting mystery adventure saga, THE NINE has none of the adventure, and in holding back information from the audience about the characters more than LOST can afford to (since there are only nine characters and a finite amount of past time to deal with), the audience is going to get antsier more quickly about needing information here than they are with LOST. I think the audience will lose patience with the show.

I hope I'm wrong. I really like the show.

Interesting take on it, Matt. I watched tonight and I found it interesting, but I think you're right. It's going to unfold so slowly that people will lose interest
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up