Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TOWER-ING INFERNO  (Read 27575 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE TOWER-ING INFERNO
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2006, 08:28:24 PM »

I also watched another GREY'S ANATOMY episode from Season 1, the one featuring the man who had shot himself in the head seven times with a nail gun. I had seen it once before, but it was a good show.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2006, 08:30:46 PM »

Page Nine FOX & THE HOUND Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2006, 08:32:06 PM »

Next came tonight's UGLY BETTY. I really enjoyed tonight's episode, and I like that Betty is losing a bit of her naivete and realizes that the snakes at her job just aren't going to change and are not looking out for her best interests.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2006, 08:34:56 PM »

Loved GREY'S ANATOMY, of course, with surprises abounding and my tears flowing freely.

One note of discontent (not related to the content of the show). Twice the idiot engineer at our local affiliate broke into the program's last 10 minutes with a bumper about an upcoming news report and then quickly realized his mistake and went back to the show, but it was VERY intrusive and mood-bursting. Already fired off a note to the station, but luckily GREY'S gets another run tomorrow night so I'll rewatch to get the full effect of the climactic scenes.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: October 12, 2006, 08:36:52 PM »

CSI had one of its most brutal and disconcerting episodes tonight concerning a gang of punks raoming the streets of Vegas beating down tourists just for kicks.

Between this and last night's CSI: NY (which I watched this afternoon), it's getting somewhat harder to watch the violence in these shows back-to-back. Thankfully, they aren't all pitched at this high a degree of on-screen violence.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: October 12, 2006, 08:37:29 PM »

Nice to see you back here after a couple of days away, DR Ron. Welcome back!

MBarnum

« Reply #246 on: October 12, 2006, 08:37:56 PM »

I forgot all about SURVIVOR tonight! And haven't even watched last night's JERICHO (is anyone else watching it? It is pretty good!).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #247 on: October 12, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

Back from dinner and must now try to watch a DVD.

FJL

« Reply #248 on: October 12, 2006, 08:48:10 PM »

Are they mad re what they're charging for the special benefit performance of CHICAGO for its 10th anniversary?  $500 for the rear mezzanine?

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Matt H.

« Reply #249 on: October 12, 2006, 08:49:37 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Good night!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #250 on: October 12, 2006, 08:52:49 PM »

TCB, did you check out Paolo Conte, the Italian singer on the S&V CD?

It is sitting on top of the CD player in my car waiting for me to remember to play it on my way to work some morning.  The fact that I go to work at 5:45 a.m. may explain why I have not yet remembered to put in the player.   ::)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2006, 09:38:34 PM »

DakotaCelt, I don't mean to sound heartless and I am sympathetic to the disabled, but that bookstore has been there for years!  To make it disabled-friendly would be prohibitively expensive for them.  It's one thing when one is building a new store and these considerations should be taken in, older buildings and businesses have to have some leeway.

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: October 12, 2006, 09:44:39 PM »

Are they mad re what they're charging for the special benefit performance of CHICAGO for its 10th anniversary?  $500 for the rear mezzanine?

I'll get off my soapbox now.

You can stay up there if you want to...you're making sense to me...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: October 12, 2006, 10:12:57 PM »

I'm quite full o' food.  Am watching a very entertaining movie, which I'd always heard was terrible.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: October 12, 2006, 10:40:17 PM »

Next came tonight's UGLY BETTY. I really enjoyed tonight's episode, and I like that Betty is losing a bit of her naivete and realizes that the snakes at her job just aren't going to change and are not looking out for her best interests.

I have been watching that show on the ABC site. It is an interesting show and I have been enjoying it. It is based on a Colombian Telenovela.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: October 12, 2006, 11:08:03 PM »

NDSU landscaping and architecture programs have been busy the last few months...

They were involved in the Extreme Home Makeover this past summer and tomorrow they will be putting up a Lustron house.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=13068&section=homepage

Lustron house to be rebuilt
Herald Staff Report
Published Thursday, October 12, 2006
· The Grand Forks "Lustron" house is ready to go up.

The metal home, which was disassembled and removed from its original home on Lincoln Drive after the 1997 flood, is going to be rebuilt at the Myra Museum on Friday, with help from NDSU construction management, interior design and landscape architecture students.

The house, a steel Lustron-brand kit house erected in the late 1940s, is one of only about 2,500 such steel houses sold nationwide in the years after World War II. They were designed as affordable housing for returning soldiers.

As many as 25 Lustron homes were built in North Dakota, including one in Fargo and another in Finley.

The historical significance of the home meant the city was required to put it back together after it was removed from Lincoln Drive. The museum board agreed to make the home a permanent part of the facility.

It's been about five years since the 1,200-square-foot, single-story, three-bedroom house was taken down. In 2001, it was put into storage to wait until the flood protection project was completed.

The home is made almost completely of steel, with the exception of the concrete foundation, floor slab and some copper piping. It has walls made of three layers: an outer layer of steel panels, a middle layer of insulation and an inner layer of steel panels finished in porcelain enamel.

It took about nine full days of work to disassemble the home in 2001.

Friday, the Myra Museum on Belmont Road and 24th Avenue South will host a Lustron "house-raising" event. The public is welcome to attend

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 11:10:16 PM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2006, 11:13:33 PM »

I used to be associated with the Myra Museum.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2006, 11:17:45 PM »

THe NOrth Dakota installment of Extreme Home Makeover broadcasts this Sunday. Darn, I wont get to see it, I have to work.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2006, 11:19:52 PM »

DakotaCelt, I don't mean to sound heartless and I am sympathetic to the disabled, but that bookstore has been there for years!  To make it disabled-friendly would be prohibitively expensive for them.  It's one thing when one is building a new store and these considerations should be taken in, older buildings and businesses have to have some leeway.

I understand your point  :-)

No bad feelings good sir.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up