Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: FINE FETTLE  (Read 20621 times)

François de Paris

Re:FINE FETTLE
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2006, 06:08:39 PM »

Bobby and Kathryn, dressed as Alice that she "voiced" too, in front of The Brown Derby:

http://www.donbrockway.com/Picture2a.jpg
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:24:05 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2006, 06:11:56 PM »

For the rest of the pics go there... if you wish!

http://www.donbrockway.com/KathrynandBobby.htm

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2006, 06:15:03 PM »

Der Brucer was watching the HD showing of Harry Potter and the Chamer of Secrets earlier.  He didn't find it any better than the DVD in viewing clarity, and found the cuts made in the film abysmal.

So now he's watching Kidnapped instead.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2006, 06:19:39 PM »

Sandra ;D

François-Thanks for the links.  :)

François de Paris

« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2006, 06:21:28 PM »

I'm confused! Here it looks like Alice is trying to fly like Wendy! I drank too much tea today I guess! Or was it the cake?!

http://www.donbrockway.com/flyingfun.jpg

:D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 06:24:43 PM by François »

François de Paris

« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2006, 06:36:07 PM »

François-Thanks for the links.  :)

I'm glad you liked the sausages! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2006, 06:48:30 PM »

I'm back!  I was trying to update my Norton Antivirus on my laptop and it totally messed up my system. I tried and tried to fix it and salvaged my photos and some work stuff, but then everything else started going so I had to completely restore the system and I lost everything. But I'm back.  I guess all I really lost were some emails I was keeping and I can live without that. I wanted them, but life will go on

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2006, 06:56:01 PM »

Hi Cillaliz.

'night all.

François de Paris

« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2006, 07:38:21 PM »

I just found this on the BBC Radio 2 site; I'm sure DR Ben knows about the show that will be hosted live by Beverley Humphreys!

It's against the rules here, but I have downloaded Real Player and I'm listening to The Voice Of Musical Theater Contest right this very minute!

The Cardiff International Festival of Musical Theatre returns to the Welsh capital from 15th October - 5th November 2006, presenting an exciting range of shows and events celebrating the world’s most popular live art form - the musical.

The inaugural Festival took place in 2002 and plans are currently being put in place for the third Festival of Musical Theatre, which remains the only one of its kind in the world.

The Opening Gala at St. David’s Hall, Who Could Ask For Anything More' (15th October) will feature 300 local school children with musical stars from the West End who will perform a number from the school’s chosen musical. This event has become one of the most loved elements of the festival and provides a suitable curtain raiser to three weeks of festive fun.

One of the main themes of this year's Festival will be centenaries. David Heneker, the composer of, among others, Half a Sixpence and Charlie Girl, who spent his last years in West Wales, will be celebrated with a concert at the Sherman Theatre. The Symposium Day, following on from last year’s hugely successful event featuring Broadway legend Stephen Sondheim, will celebrate the centenary of the birth of Jule Styne, the East End boy made good in the USA with hit after hit including Gypsy, Funny Girl and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

Joanne Benjamin, Chief Executive of the Cardiff International Festival of Musical Theatre, is working with international producers to bring the Olivier Award-winning West End production of Guys & Dolls to the Wales Millennium Centre.

The 2006 Festival will start a new strand, which will continue in the future, of Forgotten Gems beginning with the UK premiere of Gershwin's Treasure Girl, presented in conjunction with the Ira and Leonore Gershwin estate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There will also be a BBC Wales community concert, hosted by Beverley Humphreys, in which the audience is invited to sing along their favourite musical hits in the company of West End stars.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 For the first time, there will be a 24 hour Singathon in aid of BBC Children in Need which will feature audience members bidding to hear their favourite numbers (2nd - 3rd November).

Following their sold-out smash-hit production of Amazing Grace at the 2005 Festival, Wales Theatre Company returns with a new production of the much-loved Dylan Thomas short story, A Child's Christmas in Wales. This will be presented at the New Theatre (23rd - 28th October), adapted for the stage by Michael Bogdanov with music and lyrics by Jack Herrick, the leader of the Tony Award-winning Red Clay Ramblers.

The Radio 2 Voice of Musical Theatre competition will once again take place at the New Theatre (15th - 21st October). The competition has received a huge number of entries from professional performers around the world. Laura Michelle Kelly, winner of the first competition in 2000, went on to play the title role in Mary Poppins in the West End, for which she won an Olivier Award.  Managed by BBC Wales, the Radio 2 Voice of Musical Theatre will be featured extensively in a number of national and regional radio and television programmes. And, for the first time, the winner will perform in one of the Festival’s concerts. Alongside Radio 2 Voice of Musical Theatre, BBC New Talent will be hosting a similar talent scout for non-professional singers.

The third Global Search for New Musicals, has again received a high number of entries from around the world. This initiative aims to discover the best in new musical theatre writing and provides an arena for composers, lyricists and librettists to bring their work to the attention of producers, directors and the general public. The 2005 Festival showcases were a great success, applauded by the industry professionals who attended. Many of the shows presented have gone on to further production following their presentation in Cardiff. In 2005, there were 256 entries from 28 countries, three of which were performed at the 2005 Edinburgh Festival. The six chosen submissions in 2006 will be showcased at Chapter Arts Centre (3rd - 5th November). Other new musical highlights include an off-Broadway musical, I Sing, prior to its West End transfer.

Over the past two Festivals, more than 2000 young people have taken part in Festival events. As part of the Festival’s increasing educational programme, local secondary schools will stage well known musicals in theatres around the region including the renowned Bridgend Youth Theatre, Llanishen High School and Stanwell School. There will also be further series of masterclasses with world-renowned figures from the world of musical theatre. The Festival is also delighted that a new musical production of Oscar Wilde’s The Happy Prince will be premiered at the Sherman Theatre prior to an all-Wales tour.

After a successful series last year, the musicals quiz Showstoppers returns to BBC Radio Wales during the period of the Festival for an entertaining and lively showbiz quiz about musicals (produced by Torpedo). The six half hour shows will be presented by Mal Pope and the panellists for all teams made up of participants from productions in the Festival programme. Showstoppers will be recorded with an audience at Chapter Arts Centre at lunch times on Wednesday 18th, Thursday 19th and Friday 29th October.

The Festival has now firmly taken root in Cardiff, with more people taking part than ever before. Our next Festival promises to be a cavalcade of the best musical theatre from around the world, attracting the foremost practitioners, performers and commentators of this much loved genre.

Joanne Benjamin, Chief Executive
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 07:41:56 PM by François »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2006, 07:41:44 PM »

DR FRANCOIS - thanks for the links.

Oh my DR CILLA LIZ....well I think we have all tried to work on our systems or complete a download...and PIZZAZZ....Abra cadabra Ala Ka Zam Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2006, 07:42:28 PM »

the Festival that DR derBRUCER wrote about certainly looks interesting but it probably doesn't have anything to compare with DR CP in Steven Martin's UNDERPANTS.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2006, 07:43:01 PM »

What time did Ass't Jonathan turn on his telephone?  I thought New York was the city that never sleeps?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2006, 07:44:02 PM »

I got season one of THE CHAMPIONS today for only $25.  I think I only saw the first season when it was aired for a time on NBC during my high school days.  William Gaunt and Stuart Damon....what's NOT to like?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2006, 07:44:08 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2006, 07:47:41 PM »

Of course this Special Edition with ALL the episodes and extras including interviews and commentaries is a Region 2 disc NOT available in the US.  :-\

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2006, 07:53:34 PM »

Sorry to hear about Phyllis Kirk.  She was terrific in the tv series THE THIN MAN as Nora Charles to Peter Lawford's Nick!

I always thought she was the MOST sophisticated woman on TV....watched a couple of episodes and recognized that she was wearing some of Helen Rose's clothes that Sandra Dee had worn in THE RELUCTANT DEBUTANTE....recycle recycle recycle.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2006, 07:58:35 PM »

Like this:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2006, 08:00:35 PM »

time for to go to bed....work tomorrow...

Michael

« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2006, 08:07:33 PM »

Cassie......................................DR PennyO.
Zach........................................Big Chief BK.
Diana.......................................DR Tpunk.
Mike.........................................DR MBarnum.
Greg.........................................DR Ben.
Ritchie......................................DR MICHAEL S.
Connie......................................DR Edisaurus a.k.a. Toys'R us! (?)
Bobby.......................................DR MattH.
Val............................................DR Jane.
Larry.........................................DR ELmore.

Does this mean I have to do it in black face?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2006, 08:08:16 PM »

I haven’t walked in 10 days!!  Now I’m not sure I have the energy too but I’m going to give it a try.

Perhaps a faith healer can help you walk again.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2006, 08:12:46 PM »

Here's what I've been up to the last month and a half:

www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/entertainment/15816596.htm

Congrats!

Is this your return to acting?
Never stop dreaming.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2006, 09:09:28 PM »

Thanks for all the congrats, folks.  Michael S, yep, this is my return to the boards after two dozen years.

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2006, 09:10:46 PM »

Congrats CP!  Enjoy your return

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2006, 09:16:19 PM »

I knew underpants would bring dear reader Sandra back to us.  Now, what is with this lowly number of postings.  You're supposed to keep the home fries burning!

Excellent review, Pogue.

I've got to write the notes now and then get to bed, for I must wake up at five-thirty, just a few short hours from now.  I'll reveal all about the show in moments.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2006, 09:49:34 PM »

My computer is running great now.  When I was on the phone with the tech, I couldn't get the system to restore the easy way so he said he'd send all the disks for my software (which I think I should get anyway since I did pay for them when I bought the computer) while I was on hold I got it to work, but I decided not to tell him so I can get the disks for use after my warranty expires

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2006, 09:50:49 PM »

Now I get the joy of reinstalling the additional software I've added and trying to resurrect my address book. So, if have emailed me in the past, could you send another one...just say hi or something..then I can add you to my email address.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up