Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VAGARIES OF LIFE  (Read 24047 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE VAGARIES OF LIFE
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:30:42 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were swift and sure, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're dealing with the vagaries of life and cannot be bothered at this time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:38:44 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE VAGARIES OF LIFE
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 12:32:18 AM »

And the word of the day is: NOCTILUCENT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 12:33:43 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 12:56:21 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR JED!![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 01:14:11 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
And Congratulations to TD on the new major managerial duties!!
[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 01:43:06 AM »

I've finally finished catching up with yesterday's posts!  It took me about an hour and a half to read it all.  I was going to watch last night's episode of "Lost" afterwards, but now it's too late, so I'm going to bed.

We have a staff meeting at 9:30 in the morning.  It's not required, but I'd like to be there.  We'll see if I actually am able to get myself out of bed for the meeting.  

Good night...anyone. ;)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 01:46:43 AM by George »

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 01:52:17 AM »

Happy Birthday DR JED.  I hope YOU get taken out for ice-cream.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 01:53:36 AM »

We all have those days!  Vancouver.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 01:55:03 AM »

Not a mermaid!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 01:56:38 AM »

Vancouver Island/Victoria/Empress Hotel.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 01:58:05 AM »

For the garden lovers!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 02:01:32 AM »

One man's fish is another man's poisson.
I do not like fish - and particularly not crustaceans (especially pink ones in a white sport Coat)
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 03:46:30 AM »

LOvely Photos DR Tomofoz - the upside down church reminds me of the upside down Christmas tree they are selling at Shopko. I thought someone put it together wrong, but no, that's how it goes

Cillaliz

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 03:47:34 AM »

Well, I'm off on my morning adventure... I love seafood and fish, but I must get on the road, so I'll think about it tonight when I get back

Cillaliz

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2006, 03:48:00 AM »

Happy Birthday DR JED!!!!!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 03:55:31 AM »

Safe travels, DR Cillaliz!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 03:56:23 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jed!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 04:38:55 AM »

Happy Birthday Jed!

Ben

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 04:44:26 AM »

Well, I fell into some luck. I will be seeing Company next Wednesday, November 1st. A friend's friend can't use her ticket so I am the lucky recipient. It's in the rear mezz of the Barrymore but it's a TDF ticket so I can live with it.

I want to see the show because it's Company but I must admit I'm beginning to tire of the concept of stripped down musicals. Bobby sitting at the piano playing and singing Being Alive seems more like a cabaret show than Company. Oh, well. We shall see. At least I'm seeing the show. I had planned on seeing it anyway and now I'm confirmed.

I will be going to Midtown on Sunday to purchase two tickets for Mary Poppins on Sunday. Don't know which dates will be available but I'll check for the cheap seats on Saturday the 18th and maybe we can see it the same night as Dear Larry and Dear Fred (sounds like I'm writing a letter). I will also be getting a ticket to Grey Gardens. Even though the reviews for Butley were not outstanding, I still want to see the show so I will probably turn Sunday into a ticket purchasing day.

Back to work!

Ben

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 04:44:45 AM »

Guten Morgen Larry and Edi :-)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 04:50:37 AM »

Guten Morgen Larry and Edi :-)

Guten Morgen to you, too, Ben! (And Lar!)

Sounds like you have some good theatrical adventures coming up.

DR Tom---great Vancouver pix! I used to live in Seattle as a child and loved to go to Buchart Gardens!

All these exclamation points and I haven't even hit the coffee shop yet!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 04:57:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: NOCTILUCENT!
Casey would waltz
With a NOCTILUCENT blonde
And the band played "Moon River."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 04:59:00 AM »

Good morning., all!  Today, I have to go to Toyland and inventory some  scripts to be scanned.  Roadrunner email is dead this morning, and Amber on the service line says there's a problem with ALL passwords being rejected, so I am not alone, just screwed.

The rest of my day will be spent repairing major brain surgery on a number I put into score two weeks ago.  

DR FJL, Nov. 18 is fine with me!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!! DR JED, HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAY WISHES !!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 05:01:17 AM »

Speaking of DR Jed, where the hell is he these days?  Has the HHW IQ Level fallen so low that he's abandoned us?  Or risen so high?[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
COME BACK, DR JED!  ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!

[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 05:02:10 AM »

...I want to see the show because it's Company but I must admit I'm beginning to tire of the concept of stripped down musicals. Bobby sitting at the piano playing and singing Being Alive seems more like a cabaret show than Company. Oh, well. We shall see. At least I'm seeing the show. I had planned on seeing it anyway and now I'm confirmed....
A stripped down Bobby, sitting at the piano with nothing but a thong!  Gives the "Being Alive" number a whole new meaning, doesn't it!

:o

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2006, 05:05:47 AM »

I'm not much of a fish cooker.  Not that I have anything against fish, I just don't cook it very often.

There was one camping trip the family took, when I was a sprig/twig of a lad, up to Oregon.  My mother purchased a side of salmon, slathered it with butter and wrapped it in foil, and cooked it on a grill over an open campfire.  It was delish!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 05:10:52 AM »

Oh my, oh my.  This is something Vixmom should check out, but possibly keep from the Vixter for a few years still.

It seems that a Brit company has had to remove a pole-dancing kit from their "Toys and Games" website, according to the Daily Mail.

Tesco last night denied the pole dancing kit was sexually oriented and said it was clearly marked for "adult use".

A spokesman added: "Pole dancing is an increasing exercise craze. This item is for people who want to improve their fitness and have fun at the same time."

Kinda gives the song "Being Alive" a whole new meaning, doesn't it!

Ben

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 05:13:34 AM »

J'adore le poisson, especially Salmon. I do like shrimp also. I don't cook shrimp. I order it when I eat out. I make a very simple salmon. I get a piece (big enough for two) at the supermarket and put a lemon pepper marinade on it. I let it set, prepare the fresh green beans and then bake the salmon for about 20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the cut) at 350. It is then plated with fresh green beans and wild rice (I LOVE wild rice). I sound almost like a chef. It's all a ploy. I actually only cook because I have to eat. I would be a terrible chef.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2006, 05:17:26 AM »

Most chefs aren't that hot as home cooks.

Simple is good.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2006, 05:18:31 AM »

And with that, I must don my garter belt and get ready for work.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up