Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES  (Read 62333 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:12:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were like sands through an hourglass, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're watching Days Of Our Lives, waiting for Matthew Ashford to come back to the show.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:17:41 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE DAYS OF OUR LIVES
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:14:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: PERTINACIOUS!

Cillaliz

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:21 AM »

Today should be the last day for those pertinacious calls from politicians...or should it be calls from pertinacious politicians?

Cillaliz

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 04:17:45 AM »

I'm up and I'm out of here - have a good one everyone

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 05:18:06 AM »

Good morning, all!  This afternoon I fly back to New York, so I would appreciate all the vibes for safe travel and getting to the polls before closing that you can send me!

Today would have been my mom and dad's 62nd wedding anniversary if she hadn't died 12 years ago.  My sister-in-law and chef par excellence Jo Ann just left to vote, and I am sitting here listening to my laundry dry.

Tomorrow morning, I jump headfirst into "The Brain" and I've been listening to our BK's performance of the score over and over.  I have all my basic work laid out, so it's a mainly filling in the blanks, which is the fun stuff.  There are always those moments when I look at a piece of manuscript paper amnd think "what the hell do I do?"  That's when I put on a CD and take a short nap to clear my head.

TOD:
Thrift store, Pittsburgh, 1972, finding a sealed set of the 2-LP OBC for SHE LOVES ME
Ebay: two original 1903-1904 programs for BABES IN TOYLAND at New York's Columbus Circle Majestic Theatre; the paper used was so cheap that all copies in the NYPL Theatre Collection are reduced to scraps.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 05:26:09 AM »

And the word of the day is: PERTINACIOUS!
Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
Whose feet are squishing all over the floor today...
Seems that, in order to get rid of the lard from a few days ago, she squirted some of that shampoo PERT IN HER SHOES.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Kerry

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:27:24 AM »

Today's a big day, kids.  The fate of the worlsd may hinge on it.  Vote wisely!

I loved thrift stores when I was in high school, and you ould find some great things then.  My favorites were a Hawaiian shirt that I wore until it was in rags (which I still own) and a red sweater from the 40's that penants, footblls and names of all the Ivy League colleges on it.  Very cute.  I looked something Andy Hardy would have worn.

As a friend of mine then loved to say, "Like shit through a goose, so are the days of our lives."  Children-- NEVER say that word!  :-X
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 05:27:45 AM »

Let's try this again.

Casey would waltz
With a strawberry blonde
While the band PERTINACIOUSLY played "The Star Spangled Banner," not normally considered a waltz tune.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Kerry

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 05:28:30 AM »

BTW, thank you all for the good thoughts.  My mother is doing better, and I hope to take her home tomorrow.  Hugs to all of you.
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 05:42:02 AM »

PRECAUTION IS advised when PERTINACIOUS extremists are around.  If they think for even a moment that you don't agree with them, they will REACT IN PIOUS indignation, and if you suggest that their OUTCRIES PAIN you in any way, they will only ACT UP NOISIER and noisier.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 05:45:03 AM »

...There are always those moments when I look at a piece of manuscript paper amnd think "what the hell do I do?"  That's when I put on a CD and take a short nap to clear my head...
What, not an inexpensive VCR tape???    :o :o :o

Travel safely, my friend.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 05:46:55 AM »

I see DR Ann is here!

Have no regrets, DR Ann - sometimes I have trouble catching up, too!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 05:52:42 AM »

Rehoboth Beach does not have thrift shops, other than one owned by the Salvation Army.  My impression is that the locals would rather hand their hand-me-downs to their relatives.  This makes things very difficult for the local drag queens when they want new outfits.

Instead, we have outlet malls.

As for on-line shopping, I let der Brucer take care of all of that.  I do the groceries shopping.

FJL

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 06:23:53 AM »

Safe travel vibes to Larry!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 06:25:15 AM »

An aside to our esteemed BK -

I remember coming to your readings.  We drove up to Glendale from Long Beach a couple of times, and more recently from RB/DE to NYC.

I've a hunch this makes der Brucer and me a couple of freaks.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 06:26:40 AM »

Time to get ready for work again.  I've a short day today, just five hours... unless someone calls in sick, and I'm asked to stay late.  That's been happening a lot lately.   :-\

Ben

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 06:47:05 AM »

I've found a few good records and CDs at thrift shops but I've never shopped on E-Bay. In fact, I've never been to E-Bay except in passing to look at something a poster might have mentioned as interesting. As Woody just said:

I've a hunch this makes me a freak.

Jennifer

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2006, 06:50:30 AM »

Safe travel vibes to DR Elmore. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 06:52:10 AM »

re: what's on tv tonight, I noticed there are a bunch of shows not on (for the election).  For me i have: Dancing With The Stars, Gilmore Girls, and my favorite of all, Veronica Mars.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2006, 06:58:29 AM »

RE: LAST NIGHT'S HEROES

SPOILERS

I also enjoyed last night's show, especially the part about the new "heroes".  My favorite new one is the kid. I guess that is not totally surprising (considering his parents), but still interesting.

The only part i didn't really understand is what happened with with guy from ALIAS (is it matt?).  The FBI gal goes with him looking for the serial killer. And they end up finding the guy at the hospital. So is this guy one of the heroes?  Is he a serial killer?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:02:46 AM by Jennifer »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2006, 08:01:21 AM »

What, not an inexpensive VCR tape???    :o :o :o

Travel safely, my friend.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

I need to think, not fantasize! :)

Thanks, dear friend, for the vibes!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2006, 08:03:16 AM »

In fact, thank you all for the vibes!  My flight's at 5 PM EST, so keep 'em coming!  I'm most anxious about landing by 6:30 to get back to Manhattan in time to vote!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2006, 08:04:05 AM »

TOD:  Thrift-store wise, I found a complete, still shrink-wrapped set of the original release of Time-Life's 2LP The Swing Era, in the big slipcases with the hardcover books, each for $1.00!  That was a great find, and was years before they released them on CD.  One of the best-ever Time-Life series, IMHO.

What is this "eBay" of which you speak?   ;D  Not only have I found tons of great stuff there, I've made several friends, as well as a few "eBay nemeses" (to quote one of the last funny lines from the miserable final seasons of "Frasier").  One guy I met through eBay had an incredible collection of composer demos for flop shows, all of which he copied to CD gratis for me.  Another lady I won an auction from ended up having some extremely rare Frances Farmer items that she sold to me privately after having gotten to know of my research.  I managed to find a signed first edition of my favorite childhood book, Stoo Hample's The Silly Book.  The list goes on an on.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:05:01 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2006, 08:05:07 AM »

Show last night was mayhem and chaos, but we made it through. For a one-night only engagement, where we only saw the space we were performing on an hour or two before the actual show, it went pretty well. There was lots of improvisation as lines were lost, regained, etc, but the cast held it together for the most part. Whew!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2006, 08:05:47 AM »

Tomovoz:  your gifts arrived yesterday--thanks so much.  The lobbying protocol is already underway.   ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

Flightvibes for Elmore.

And great news, Kerry!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2006, 08:17:18 AM »

Good morning!

Not as cold as I was expecting, but rainy, dreary weather today. Should be better tomorrow and Thursday.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 08:18:46 AM »

Excellent vibes and xylophones for elmore's flight.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 08:18:52 AM »

I'm on much later than usual because I went out this morning to vote. There were only four people ahead of me, so a short wait. The room where the voting machines were had the heat cranked up WAY too high. I had on a sweater and a leather jacket, and I was very uncomfortable. Thankfully, the wait was short, and it didn't take that long to actually vote.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 08:19:44 AM »

Yep, hope DR Elmore's flight is nice and easy and that he CAN get back in time to vote. Sensible people need to be voting IN FORCE today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up