Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MALADY LINGERS ON  (Read 62655 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« on: November 09, 2006, 12:14:01 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you chewed on the notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're thinking that the moolady lingers on.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 12:55:06 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:THE MALADY LINGERS ON
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 12:15:57 AM »

And the word of the day is: MULTIFARIOUS!

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 12:17:07 AM »

I was about to ask if you were starting early tonight when I realized what time it was!  Oh my.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 12:19:51 AM »

I don't suffer from apparel mastication, but once I left a top too close to the rat cage & now it's a night shirt.  :(
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 12:48:41 AM »

Yesterday after work, I went directly to rehearsal.  We had to be there an hour early (6:00 pm instead of 7:00), supposedly for costume issues, but only a few people were there at 6:00.  Most people straggled in by 6:15 and all we did with costumes was make sure that each costume piece had our name on it.  That was it for the costumes. :-\ Other than that, we ran through all the songs (I'm only in two of them, and one of them is only two pages long).  Then we started running the second act after my last scene before the big ending and final song, which gives me about 30 pages of nothing to do until that last song.  The miners (the stars of the show) worked on scenes as needed as they got to them, then we did that whole last 30-page section again, without stopping.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 12:49:36 AM »

It's fun being there and everyone is quite nice and friendly, so even while we're just sitting around and not being needed for much of the time, we can talk quietly and entertain ourselves enough that it's really not too boring to be there.  At least, I haven't been bored, yet. ;)

And that was my rehearsal last night. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2006, 01:01:40 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day:  Nothing!  I'm not strange and I don't have any quirky habits.  I totally normal in every possible way (well...I'm totally normal for me)! ;)

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 04:48:59 AM »

Congratulations to DR GINNY on her successful do!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2006, 04:50:20 AM »

I think Multifarious was that motion picture theatre stereo venture that had individual headphones at every seat.  It was working okay until the soundtracks to The Nun's Story and The Tingler got crossed in the mixer.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2006, 04:51:38 AM »

Oh yes, I was a shirt front chewer at the drive in movies for many years.

The champion movie was FORBIDDEN PLANET - by the time the movie was over, the entire front of my shirt from collar to hem was wet.  Very uncomfortable, but very comforting.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2006, 04:52:40 AM »

I bought the 20 Musicals Set and watched a couple of them, or rather started a couple of them after watching MOST of the movies DR MBARNUM sent me.

I was very disappointed that THE DANCING PIRATE was NOT in color as advertised and that the Technicolor sequences of GLORIFYING THE AMERICAN GIRL were in b/w as well.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2006, 04:55:04 AM »

From an earlier posting:

Re: Jay Recordings

Here are some of the uncomplete/sitting on the releases of the 2CD complete recordings:

Annie
Anyone Can Whistle
Brigadoon
The Dancing Years
Fiddler On the Roof
The Gig
One Touch of Venus
People Like Us
Seven Brides For Seven Brothers

BUT
to be fair he isn't the only one who does it.

Original Cast Records  has been sitting on:
Anna Karenina
Big Bang
Doll's Life*
Georgy*
Lovely Ladies Kind Gentlemen*
A Mother's Kisses
The Prince of Grand Street

All the above with the possible exception of Big Bang (which I have never heard of) are all classic bombs.

The last two closed on the road
*A combined total of 27 performances on Broadway
Anna  Kareninia ran 46 performances and I believe he has been sitting on this one since 1992!
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2006, 05:03:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: MULTIFARIOUS!
Casey would waltz
With a MULTIFARIOUS blonde...
Yep, waiting to dance with her were
Alan, Bernie, Dave, Elmo, and Magda.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2006, 05:07:30 AM »

...and all we did with costumes was make sure that each costume piece had our name on it.  That was it for the costumes. :-\ ...
What is this, a show or preparations for summer camp?  

"Marvin, make sure your mommy sews your name tag into each and every pair of underpants you're bringing with you to camp Makabiggahonka.  Yes, I understand that she only has one arm, but if she can still play with the machines in Atlantic City then she can figure out how to work a needle and thread."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2006, 05:09:48 AM »

I think Multifarious was that motion picture theatre stereo venture that had individual headphones at every seat.  It was working okay until the soundtracks to The Nun's Story and The Tingler got crossed in the mixer.
The sound system was renamed Multiferrous when it was used for the film The Iron Giant.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2006, 05:17:57 AM »

Yesterday was not at all fun at work, nor afterwards.

My chronic depression decided to make a comeback.  Nothing spectacular, very low-level, but the pits all the same.

I made my way through the work day, after which der B picked me up for the ride home.  (It was wet all day, not heavily but dreary all the same.)  I told him how I was feeling, and that I was in no mood to cook.  He sympathized, and said he'd be able to scrounge.

Once home, I made my way to bed.  Buster tried to be cute, laying his head on my chest and rolling on his back, which meant that he was watching me from an upside-down perspective.  I rubbed his belly, then rolled over and tried to sleep.

I'm feeling a bit better this morning.

I guess this means I'll be cooking dinner tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 05:56:35 AM »

off to work....would rather be watching movies....oh well

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 05:57:48 AM »

The sound system was renamed Multiferrous when it was used for the film The Iron Giant.

Hehehehe.   ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 06:18:55 AM »

Good morning, all!  I stayed up too late waiting for the botched Act One Finale of BARBER OF SEVILLE promised on the Letterman show.  I suspect the entire finale was performed in the studio but we got - after about 5 minutes of commercials - the last 3 minutes of stretto ensemble before the Letterman show ended. The conductor and orchestra were behind the singers so the ensemble was sloppy, there was no staging since the stretto was basically sung out to the audience, and the Metropolitan Opera should sue NBC and Letterman for malpractice and fire whatever idiot thought of getting the thing booked on Letterman.  After all the publicity about Bartlett Sher and Juan Diego Florez, I was sure it would be special.  And it was.  In a very bad way.

I started RNNING WITH SCISSORS on my flight back to Ohio.  I find this whole lawsuit by the surviving "Finch" family quite fascinating.  I cannot wait to see the film.

DR MichaelS, I cannot air my views on the unreleased studio recordings from London, but I believe every unreleased album is still unfinished - the tapes sitting in plastic bags in his home, as I recall - as he garners revenue to complete them.

Dear Friend BK, I will be home all day after 1 PM.  You have things for me?

TOD:  too little time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 06:19:14 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 06:26:52 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I fell asleep last night waiting for the opera segment on Letterman and woke up just as it was ending.  That's one of my peeves about TV programming - the constant hints, previews, and build-up that usually result in big disappointments.

Anyway, I had a nice sleep-in 'til 8am and am now getting myself together to go have a flu shot.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 06:56:07 AM »

Hope you feel better vibes to SWW. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 06:57:19 AM »

Live television's ultimate gold standard - Geraldo Rivera and Al Capone's vault.  Great big build-up, little real dirt (other than dirt).

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 07:00:18 AM »

RE: last night's LOST.

SPOILERS

I'm not really sure what i think about the show's ending. A lot to digest.

I did like kate's backstory. I was somehow taken by surprise.  I also was surprised by what happened with sawyer and kate.

I don't really remember the story jack told kate when they arrived on the island. So i wasn't really sure what he was telling her to do. And does sawyer get to go?  Quite dramatic ending though.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 07:10:02 AM »

Der Brucer taped Lost last night, so we'll be able to watch it at our leisure.

(Visualize the two of us reclining on couches, the dogs serving us with treats and drinks...  ::))

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2006, 07:10:39 AM »

Time to get ready for work.

At least it's sunny today.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2006, 07:46:34 AM »

DR S WOODY WHITE,
Sorry to hear about your depression. As part of my research into health care issues, I came across the Pain & Stress Center in San Antonio a few years ago. They do research into brain biochemistry and amino acids, offer amino acid testing (one of the few who do), and also offer a wide array of nutritional supplements. I've since interviewed one of the directors of the center, plus have spoken to a number other staff members and everyone has been both competent and helpful. They have a number of over-the-counter products for depression. Although I've not tried them personally, I have tried a product they recommend for anxiety, called L-T (it's a mix of amino acids), which I found to be very effective. It's very relaxing and has no side effects. Their website is painstresscenter.com. They provide good phone help, too. Hope you find some relief.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2006, 07:48:31 AM »

I have many little things to finish up before my extended vacation, plus this afternoon/evening is our 50th Anniversary Celebration so I'm busy, busy, busy (that's 3 busys).

BTW Rodzinski, I saw your name in the Showbill (owned by Playbill but using a different name) when we saw Mary Poppins on Tuesday!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2006, 07:51:43 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - too EARLY!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2006, 08:01:06 AM »

Good morning!

The clouds have moved off and we're left with a scrumptuous day with highs in the 70s today and for the next two days. On Sunday, we are supposed to return to more normal November weather.

But today is unbelievable!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2006, 08:04:31 AM »

I guess my bad habit is addiction to TV and movies. I readily admit I spend too many hours in front of the TV, but it's comforting, entertaining, and it's what I waited my entire working life to do.

Years ago, my worst habit was biting my fingernails. I was really, really bad about it, and all my fingers looked horrific because the nails had been bitten below the quick and looked red and swollen often (how I ever played the piano with fingers like this I cannot answer). Anyway, one morning, I woke up and said to myself, "This is nasty; I'm never going to bite my nails again," and I haven't in probably 25 years.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up