Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE  (Read 60415 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2006, 01:32:11 PM »

And I ended my afternoon with another CSI :NY episode from the boxed set. This one I had seen several times last season. Two murders again - a woman in a museum and a man at a construction site with insulation foan rammed down his throat. An adorable child played a key role in the solution of one of the cases.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2006, 01:34:17 PM »

Page Four Frollo Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2006, 01:35:30 PM »

So, I should have time tonight to watch CARS before the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES/COLD CASE 9 p.m. hour. Hope it's as much fun as it appears to be.

FJL

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2006, 01:43:20 PM »

Der Brucer - I'd imagine that the filmmakers agree to be part of these festivals for the exposure.  If the understanding is that they won't get any money from the festival. do you see a problem as long as non-participation in profits is stated upfront?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2006, 01:51:55 PM »

Love those fall photographs. Keep 'em comin'!

In some spots, it's over:

Madison Wisconsin

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2006, 01:53:46 PM »

If the understanding is that they won't get any money from the festival. do you see a problem as long as non-participation in profits is stated upfront?

None, whatsoever.

The profits appear to being well used.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2006, 01:59:51 PM »

In some spots, it's over:

Madison Wisconsin

Well, that's pretty, too!   ::)

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »

I'm heading downstairs now to clean my bathroom, and then back to the den for Pixar's CARS.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2006, 02:45:35 PM »

Vas es dis provit?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2006, 02:46:24 PM »

MR BK's dance break in TFNM is certainly one of the highlights of that cinema veritas.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2006, 02:46:59 PM »

That snow and ice scares me....I think I make tracks like that getting out of the driveway.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2006, 03:00:18 PM »

Business is done (and took longer, natch), so now it is time to RANT:

For the last three days I have never seen so much driving stupidity in my life.  I thought I'd seen it all, but either there's a full moon or driver's have completely lost their sanity, in least here in LA.  People running lights, people not stopping at stop signs (doing the California Roll right through - and when you honk they give YOU a dirty look), people pulling out in front of you sans warning, people trying to turn and beat oncoming cars - I mean, one idiot after another, endangering their and other's lives.  People so involved in their cell phone calls that they have no idea where they're driving, so they have to do last-minute dangerous lane changes because they realize they need to go right and not left - so, they DO the dangerous lane change and others be damned because they're STILL on their cell phone yakking away instead of paying attention to what they're doing.  Cars are dangerous enough without fools like that on the road and frankly I'd rather have them go home and blow their own brains out than potentially cripple and maim and kill other innocent people with their selfish driving stupidity.  Today, aside from all of the above happening (within a fifteen minute drive), the topper was the cretin in front of me who was driving down and empty one lane street (no passing him) going five miles an hour.  No amount of honking could get him to speed up.  When I finally was able to pull beside him what did I see?  I saw a driver eating a pizza, leaning over the box in the passenger seat with a dripping slice going into his ugly, stupid mouth.  EATING A PIZZA WHILE DRIVING!  I honked to let him know what I thought of him, but the pig didn't hear it, so engrossed in his gobbling was he.  If I were a different person, I would have pulled in front of him, stopped, and gotten out of my car and had a little conversation with him.

End of rant.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2006, 03:00:21 PM »

Well none of my dresses fit- many of them zipped, but I don't think they made me look my best.  So thanks to H&M, I have a back-up in case the miracle I've been hoping for doesn't happen and I don't lose 5 pounds by next saturday... :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2006, 03:16:24 PM »

Five pounds is a reasonable goal....especially with the dress hanging in front of you!

MR BK - again I will say we are in a Mercury retrograde.....driving fools will be driving fools ++++ until next Friday....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2006, 03:18:28 PM »

*SIGH* - maybe Johnny Weir should go ahead and change his middle name to "Pretentious."

I don't know if he's getting bad advice or NOT LISTENING to good advice...but his self-importance and the resulting routines and interviews are doing him NO favors.  IMO

THE AMAZING RACE is on tonight....sometime.....

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2006, 03:44:19 PM »

After living down there for 3 years, I have a hard time believing that phenomenon isn't permanent.
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2006, 03:45:19 PM »

After living down there for 3 years, I have a hard time believing that phenomenon isn't permanent.

you have a point there, DRSINGINGNYMPH...   ;D

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2006, 03:56:28 PM »

Quote from: singingnymph
Mr. Bruce, I'm wondering if you can still bust a move like you did in FNM.

Quote from: bk
But of course.

This made me LOL, for some reaosn.

EDIT: Gah!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 04:01:00 PM by singingnymph »
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2006, 05:04:58 PM »

...I also scored, to my mind another shopping coup. Steve's Super G was selling all their remaining Halloween costumes at 95% off!...der Brucer
For those who were left scratching their heads on this one, the "S" in S. Woody White is the initial for Stephen.

I much prefer Woody, a nick given me during college.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2006, 05:08:29 PM »

I am now curious about the arrangements (business, not artistic) for this Film Festival. They have Government, Foundation and Business sponsorships. They are charging $8.50 a ticket, even for the afternoon showings. They had sold out 27 showings as of last night. Two of the shows we saw were not sold out, but only had a handful of seats left. If every visitor only bought one ticket, they would have a week-end gate of well over $250,000!

I know the Festival does a lot of good work in the community - but just wonder how much of the loot finds its way back to the film creators? The Festival organization itself seems to be going great guns - they have full time year-round paid staff and are in the process of starting a building fund to erect a permanent facility to house their offices and film collections.

I must also comment that the entire Festival was one of the best organized events I have attended in many a moon (due in no small part to the host of volunteers at work.) They had taken over most of the 16 stage theatre complex and there was ample free parking.

der Brucer

Time to nit-pick.  The festival had sold out fifty-seven of their screenings, not twenty-seven.

Good showing, I say.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2006, 05:15:55 PM »

Business is done (and took longer, natch), so now it is time to RANT:

For the last three days I have never seen so much driving stupidity in my life.  I thought I'd seen it all, but either there's a full moon or driver's have completely lost their sanity, in least here in LA.  People running lights, people not stopping at stop signs (doing the California Roll right through - and when you honk they give YOU a dirty look), people pulling out in front of you sans warning, people trying to turn and beat oncoming cars - I mean, one idiot after another, endangering their and other's lives.  People so involved in their cell phone calls that they have no idea where they're driving, so they have to do last-minute dangerous lane changes because they realize they need to go right and not left - so, they DO the dangerous lane change and others be damned because they're STILL on their cell phone yakking away instead of paying attention to what they're doing.  Cars are dangerous enough without fools like that on the road and frankly I'd rather have them go home and blow their own brains out than potentially cripple and maim and kill other innocent people with their selfish driving stupidity.  Today, aside from all of the above happening (within a fifteen minute drive), the topper was the cretin in front of me who was driving down and empty one lane street (no passing him) going five miles an hour.  No amount of honking could get him to speed up.  When I finally was able to pull beside him what did I see?  I saw a driver eating a pizza, leaning over the box in the passenger seat with a dripping slice going into his ugly, stupid mouth.  EATING A PIZZA WHILE DRIVING!  I honked to let him know what I thought of him, but the pig didn't hear it, so engrossed in his gobbling was he.  If I were a different person, I would have pulled in front of him, stopped, and gotten out of my car and had a little conversation with him.

End of rant.
Oh, you mean they all drive like they would if they were living in Delaware?

:o

::) ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »

Dreamship Surprise: Period 1 proved to be a total hoot.  Apparently, it springs from a German sketch comedy show, and follows another film the group made which was basically a western along the lines of Blazing Saddles.

Imagine a send-up of Star Trek, with Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock, and Scotty (and a few others) crossed with a send-up of Star Wars, basically with the Princess, Han Solo, and Darth Vader (plus the Emperor hanging around in the background).

Now imagine all this with Kirk, Spock, and Scotty as the most fabulously nelly twits possible.

That's just for a start.

Somehow, the film also rocketed into a jousting sequence set in the middle ages, and a bit more Western stuff, all before reaching their goal of stopping something terrible happening at Roswell, three hundred years in their past.

The special effects were for the most part good, the performances delish, and there were a couple of puns that actually translated correctly!

Der Brucer and I loved it.

But he still loathes subtitles.   :-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2006, 05:25:31 PM »

Time for me to start getting our spaghetti dinner cooking.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2006, 05:26:43 PM »

Gratuitous post #8000.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2006, 05:41:47 PM »

DR SWW thanks for the DREAMSHIP precis.....I was hoping you guys would get to see it.

Subtitles and all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2006, 05:42:36 PM »

DR JENNIFER I keep forgetting to answer your question...

For me...it's Erwin and Godwin....

And half way through tonight's episode....exciting stuff.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2006, 05:48:36 PM »

BK, have you been driving in Phoenix today?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2006, 06:08:49 PM »

It would be if you told us more about it. Desktop? Laptop? PC or Mac? flatscreen monitor or traditional CRT?

Did your other computer die or did you just want to upgrade?

Desktop
PC
Cr-Rom & Disc Burner no longer work
Took forever to boot up

It was time
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2006, 06:09:16 PM »

Saw this on ebay
Never stop dreaming.

Michael