Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: T MINUS ONE  (Read 30573 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:T MINUS ONE
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2006, 06:18:53 PM »

I just spoke to DR Elmore on the telephone. He and DR Penny O are busy working on the Brain music.

Awww...you're missing Elmore's comments on your posts, aren't you?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:27:55 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2006, 06:32:12 PM »

Happy birthday wishes from over the ocean, DR Jane!

François-It's nice to see you. :)  If the phone would stop ringing I could pack for my trip tomorrow. ;D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2006, 06:40:21 PM »

Happiest of B'days to Jane!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2006, 07:26:15 PM »

Thanks CP.  I had a very nice day.

'night.

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2006, 07:32:46 PM »

Yay! During my senior year in high school, I was the president of my 4-H chapter.  I led the crafts project, but I never raised animals because I didn't want to slaughter them.
Yeah, I raised Columbia sheep...a wool breed!
~Meg B, of Central California~
Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum,
minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
A little song, a little dance,
a little seltzer down your pants.
http://madmistressmeg.spreadshirt.com

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2006, 07:42:58 PM »

Did we nail down a time & place for breakfast? I seem to recall reading something about DuPar's. Which would be good. (But Farmers Market or Studio City?) And what time? I'm coming from Manhattan Beach, so I'll have to give myself time to get up in the morning & drive & mapquest it out.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2006, 08:09:13 PM »

I just loved Peter Lupus on MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, and I got the complete POLICE SQUAD series on DVD where he had a recurring role (taken in the movie versions by O.J. Simpson).

I adored POLICE SQUAD when it ran its six episodes, and I lolok forward to seeing Peter in them.

(I really hated the screen name "Rock Stevens." Sounded SO third rate, and he wasn't.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2006, 08:11:20 PM »

I did manage to fit in two more BONES episodes before prime time TV began. The first one was a beautiful Christmas-themed episode as the entire staff was quarantined in the lab over CHristmas and how they managed to solve a crime and bond more tightly as a group during the time there.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2006, 08:13:16 PM »

The other BONES episode was one of the lesser ones where Booth and Temperance head to LA to investigate a skeleton whose skull was so riddled with plastic surgery changes even to the bone that identifying her was next to impossible.

And encounter between Temperance and Penny Marshall (whose going to produce and direct a movie version of her book) wasn't nearly as hilarious as it could have been.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2006, 08:14:32 PM »

SMALLVILLE had an interesting story tonight concerning an illegal alien trying to stay alive and be reunited with his mother. Clark, being an alien himself, naturally identifies with his dilemma.

Enjoyable but not as exciting as other episodes from earlier in the season.

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2006, 08:17:12 PM »

CSI brought the "miniature murderer" storyline to a rather unsatisfying conclusion. I kind of felt like they didn't have a great wrap-up, and this one was sort of cobbled together to get them to its conclusion.

spoiler  

The other two cases they were investigating tonight once again (as is becoming a too-often practied motif) ended up being linked.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2006, 08:18:28 PM »

I finished the evening watching tonight's SUPERNATURAL at 10 off the DVR. A genuinely creepy episode with a couple of genuine shocks and a doozy of a cliffhanger.

FJL

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2006, 08:23:31 PM »

Milla's birthday list for theater notables was up a little early tonight:

Today's Birthdays 12/8

Posted by:   do_re_milla 11:17 pm EST 12/07/06

Queen of Scots Mary 12/8/1542 - 2/8/1587 Scottish queen, source mat'l

Queen of Sweden Christina 12/8/1626 - 4/19/1689 Swedish queen, source mat'l

Camille Claudel 12/8/1864 - 10/19/1943 French sculptor, source mat'l

Jean Sibelius 12/8/1865 - 9/20/1957 Finnish composer, violin lovers, take a listen to Oistrak's performance of the Sibelius vln concerto

Diego Rivera 12/8/1886 - 11/25/1957 Mexican painter, politically controversial murals in Ministry of Education Building, National Palace and other government buildings in Mexico City, Rockefeller Ctr (painted over), source mat'l

James Thurber 12/8/1894 - 11/2/1961 writer: New Yorker magazine; author: The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, My World and Welcome to It, The Last Flower, Is Sex Necessary? - The Male Animal (Leon Ames, Don DeFore, Elliott Nugent, Ruth Matteson, Gene Tierney)

Lee J. Cobb 12/08/1911 - Feb 11, 1976 performer, Husband of Helen Beverly (? - ?) divorced - Till the Day I Die (Robert Lewis, Russell Collins, Elia Kazan); Thunder Rock (Frances Farmer); Death of a Salesman; King Lear (Rene Auberjonois, Philip Bosco, Paul Rudd); tv's THE VIRGINIAN

Richard Fleischer 12/8/1916 - 3/25/2006 director, author; son of pioneering animator Max Fleischer; nephew of Dave Fleischer, brother-in-law of Seymour Kneitel studied drama at Yale and joined New York's RKO-Pathé newsreel operation in 1942, where he wrote and directed for the "This Is America" series and wrote and produced "Flicker Flashbacks." His success there earned him a chance to move to the "real" RKO studio in Hollywood, where he proved his mettle on a series of suspenseful, noirish grade-B programmers like Bodyguard (1948, based on a story cowritten by Robert Altman!); His memoir, "Just Tell Me When to Cry," was published in 1993 - tv's & film's 20000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954)(terrific cast, Kirk Douglas, James Mason, Paul Lukas, Peter Lorre, & the seal! 1 of my fav Disney movies); The Happy Time (Charles Boyer, Louis Jourdan, Marsha Hunt, Linda Christian, Bobbie Driscoll); Barrabbas (Anthony Quinn, Silvana Mangano, Vittorio Gassman, Jack Palance, Ernest Borgnine, Simone Signoret, Sharon Tate[Extra (uncredited)); Fantastic Voyage; Dr. Doolittle; The Boston Strangler; Conan the Destroyer; Darkness at High Noon: The Carl Foreman Documents

Sammy Davis Jr. 12/8/1925 - May 16, 1990 husband of Loray White (1958 - 1959) divorced; May Britt (1960 - 196 divorced; Altovise Gore (1970 - 1990) his death; nephew of Will Maston, son of Sammy Davis, Sr., performer - entertainer: Sammy and Company, NBC Follies; group: The Will Mastin Trio; actor: The Kid Who Loved Christmas, Cannonball Run series, Sweet Charity, A Man Called Adam, Robin and the 7 Hoods, The Three Penny Opera, Ocean’s 11, Porgy and Bess, Golden Boy, Mr. Wonderful, Rufus Jones for President; member: The Rat Pack; author: Why Me?

Maximilian Schell 12/8/1930 performer - Academy Award-winning actor: Judgment at Nuremberg [1961]; Little Odessa, Abraham, Stalin, The Freshman, Peter the Great, The Chosen, Julia, The Man in the Glass Booth, The Odessa File, Heidi, The Young Lions, Wiseguy

David Carradine 12/08/1936 performer, half-brother of Keith Carradine; son of John Carradine - Royal Hunt of the Sun (Judd Jones, Chris Plummer); tv's & film's Taggart; Kung Fu; Bus Riley's Back in Town; Boxcar Bertha; The Warrior and the Sorceress; North and South; The New Swiss Family Robinson; Final Move

James MacArthur 12/8/1937 - performer; adopted son of actress Helen Hayes & Charles MacArthur - Invitation to a March; tv's & film's Hawaii Five-O: Dano of “Book ’em, Dano”, Hang ’Em High, Spencer’s Mountain, The Interns, The Swiss Family Robinson

Graciela Daniele 12/08/1939 Writer, Lyricist, Choreographer, Director, Performer, Other, Production Crew, Creative Consultant; Wife of Jules Fisher - What Makes Sammy Run?; Coco; Follies; Chicago; 1981 The Pirates of Penzance (Kevin Kline, Estelle Parsons, Linda Ronstadt, Alix Korey); The Mystery of Edwin Drood; The Goodbye Girl; Ragtime; Annie Get Your Gun; Chita Rivera: The Dancer's Life

John Rubinstein 12/8/1946 husband of Jane Lanier, son of piano great Arthur Rubinstein, performer - Pippin; Fools; Getting Away With Murder (Christine Ebersole, Terrence Mann); Tony Award-winning actor: Children of a Lesser God [1980]; Crazy Like a Fox, Family, composer: score: The Candidate; tv's & film's Day Break; Shark; Jekyll; NCIS; The Guardian; Angel; Robocop; Matlock; Family; The Car; Zachariah

Bruce Kimmel 12/8/1947 - producer, performer, author, director - Grammy-nominated producer of numerous theater albums, including Hello Dolly (revival), The King and I (Donna Murphy, Lou Diamond Phillips), Bells are Ringing (Faith Prince); preserved many theater songs that might have gone unheard with the Lost in Boston series and the Unsung Musicals series; author of the books "Writer's Block" (2004), “Rewind” (2005), "How to Write a Dirty Book and Other Stories" (2006), and the "Benjamin Kritzer" trilogy; founder of the Kritzerland label in 2005 (After The Ball, New Guy In Town, The Last Starfighter, Skinner/Ripley Raw at Town Hall, among others), film: writer, director and co-star of The First Nudie Musical (1979)

Happy Birthday Steve Ross! An incredibly talented performer and very giving friend. One of my very favorite people! In addition to his busy performing & travelling schedule, Steve travels around the Metropolitan NYC area donating his time & talents. He performs for people with AIDS & Alzheimers, as well as visiting Sr. Citizens & people who are just plain infirmed.

Steve's performing career started burgeoning at Ted Hook's immensely popular Backstage, a piano bar and restaurant in the Broadway theater district. After 40 years of not having regular performances, Steve reopened The Oak Room at The Algonquin; He's played The Ritz and Pizza on the Park in London; the Spoleto Festival, the Hong Kong Arts Festival, and the Perth Festival in Australia. He has performed in Brazil, around the United States, including on-and-off Broadway.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2006, 08:25:03 PM »

I remembered that my sister is flying to LA for business this weekend at UCLA. I am trying to see if she can make the Saturday BRAIN matinee before her flight back north.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2006, 08:27:27 PM »

The man behind LOST IN BOSTON shares a Birthday with the man behind THE BOSTON STRANGLER. Coincidence?

Matt H.

« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »

I'm heading off to bed now.

Good night!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2006, 09:11:41 PM »

Our speed-through rehearsal went quite speedily!  We started at about 6:35 and ended at 7:50!  Right now, I'm at home listening to Emily Skinner and Alice Ripley live in concert!!  My CD came today!! ;D I won't be able to listen to all of it tonight, but I'll listen to all of it tomorrow at work.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2006, 09:14:11 PM »

MBarnum, you can always do my favorite thing in Hollywood -- check out findagrave.com and visit your favorite dead celebrity's grave. Lots of interesting dead people live in Hollywood.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2006, 09:19:35 PM »

n local news today:

One of the Serial Shooter suspects who tried to commit suicide said he ingested 260 pills. The Serial Shooter (actually two people) killed someone about 3/4 mile from my home.

The man being held in one of the Baseline Killer crimes today was charged with 71 crimes, including nine murders, five sexual assaults and 12 armed robberies. The Baseline Killer killed two women near one of my favorite birding places, as well as one 1/2 mile from where our church used to be located.

Folks have been out and about again for the last couple of months.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Michael

« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2006, 09:31:17 PM »

I think Peter Lupus has had way too much plastic surgery. He doesn't even look like Peter Lupus anymore!

This image is from April 28, 2006!
Never stop dreaming.

François

« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »

I think Peter Lupus has had way too much plastic surgery. He doesn't even look like Peter Lupus anymore!

This image is from April 28, 2006!

You're right! He's starting to look like Rock Stevens! :D

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2006, 10:31:12 PM »

Belated birthday wishes, DR Jane!

And a Happy Birthday to our own BK! I've been thinking about all of you while I'm here in Santa Fe. I've seen several very good films and the weather has been great. I did a lot of scouting and networking and it looks like we might be able to draw a pretty good crowd for the Friday and Saturday screenings. Sunday I fly back to Atlanta and will get to enjoy my clean house (for a few days....)

Broken leg vibes and travel vibes to all!
And credit card vibes to JRand56!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

singingnymph

• We have movie sign!
« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2006, 11:47:29 PM »

Mr. Bruce, I hope you like brownies.

And if not, well I hope everyone else does!  ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: December 08, 2006, 12:03:01 AM »

Back from our final dress/preview, which I'll talk about in Ye Olde Notes very soon.   Dear reader elmore simply disappeared after the show - have no idea how he got home since neither I nor the musical director took him.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up