Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SHORT AND SWEET  (Read 21553 times)

FJL

Re:SHORT AND SWEET
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2006, 01:11:19 PM »

Are we on page 3 yet?

FJL

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2006, 01:15:12 PM »

My favorite part of my conversation today with Customer Service at the airline was when I said we were on the line at the airport at 2:10 for a 3:30 flight, and he countered triumphantly with "Well, we recommend that you be there at least an hour and a half before the flight."  

We were on the line 1 hour and 20 minutes before the flight, not an hour and a half, so I assume that must be what made all the difference and explains their cutting back from seven to two helpers with a long line snaking around three times.

FJL

« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2006, 01:16:23 PM »

Ain't nothin' goin' on but the rant

Tomovoz

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2006, 02:20:49 PM »

TOTD:
Oz is the land of the Meat Pie!

I do not share Paul McCartney's fondness for pie. (A "Penny Lane" reference).

"Strawberry Fields" was not a Pie reference though.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:38:36 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »

Skip enjoyed his Cherry Pie with Flip in 1960. (FJL was too young)
(Flip later went on to share his pie with Alley Oop)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2006, 02:43:30 PM »

"American Pie" is one of my favourite platters. One of the best albums of the 1970's
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2006, 03:01:57 PM »

Not much of a pie eater. I'm mean, I like it just fine, but if it's a choice between pie and cake, I'll take cake every time.

However, I do love apple, cherry, strawberry, or pecan pie.

I guess Boston Cream Pie doesn't count?  :D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2006, 03:04:32 PM »

I was able to watch three programs this afternoon. I began with last night's JUSTICE. Jane Seymour played a woman who shot her teenaged son, she claimed in self-defense.

Once the fact of the case were revealed and the suspects placed before us, I figured this one out very easily. And thus I concurred with the jury's decision completely.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2006, 03:05:44 PM »

Next was last night's LAW & ORDER, an interesting case with the female CEO of a financial institution standing trial for the murder of one of her male underlings. Again, some surprising revelations during the hour, but I concurred completely with the jury in this one, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »

I finshed the afternoon watching the last MURDER SHE WROTE episode on disc 4 of the fourth season set. In this one, Jessica is in NYC checking out the new restaurant she's become an investor in. Her nephew Grady and his fiance Donna are both accountants for the firm, and, of course, the maitre'd is murdered. Enjoyable episode with Dick Gautier as the murder victim and Jack Carter, Sonny Bono, and Norman Fell as suspects.

Cillaliz

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2006, 03:08:19 PM »

Oh good heavens, we're still on page 3???

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2006, 03:08:40 PM »

We really must start a frenzy or two or three

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2006, 03:09:16 PM »

I see lots of people, but no one's talking....

Cillaliz

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2006, 03:13:59 PM »

Well, I washed my car today and put some air in one of my tires that was a bit low

Tomovoz

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2006, 03:14:16 PM »

To post or not to post.
I'm listening again to the "new" Beatles album.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2006, 03:14:35 PM »

And the word of the day is: GREGARIOUS!
Casey would waltz
With one strawberry blonde after another...
Those he had already danced with couldn't decide
If he was being GREGARIOUS or merely a male slut.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2006, 03:14:36 PM »

It's Saturday night and I am here with the cats...again.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »

But it's just where I want to be ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »

But with cats like Tomovoz, Matt and myself, who else do you need, dear Cillaliz?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2006, 03:16:41 PM »

No one, that's why it's just where I want to be.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »

My mother was a very good pie maker.  Her specialties were lemon merangue (with a graham cracker crust) and pumpkin.  Now that she isn't with us, I've lost my taste for either.   :'(

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2006, 03:21:03 PM »

Do you have here recipes? Making the pies and enjoying them would be a great way to remember her

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2006, 03:23:22 PM »

This being my day off, I have spent most of it catching up on my sleep.  The dogs have spent most of it using me as a pillow.

Der Brucer, being thoughtful, removed a leg of lamb from our freezer to thaw.

The catch is, it's still hard as a rock.

The leg of lamb may have to wait until tomorrow to be consumed.

:-\

Cillaliz

« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2006, 03:23:27 PM »

Has anyone heard about the new show  "One Punk Under God, the Prodigal Son of Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker?

Tomovoz

« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2006, 03:23:53 PM »

I just checked the Billboard Album charts. Great to see that music recorded over 35 years ago can still make it to the top selling albums.  The remixes of all the Beatles tracks are not all that different from the originals.  In OZ the album "Love" is only being outsold by U2 - not exactly a new group either.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2006, 03:25:05 PM »

I made a tasty meatloaf. I was really hungry for it, but I've been tasting the onions all  afternoon

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2006, 03:25:38 PM »

I'm having a "Christmas" lunch with DP Colin's relatives today. I'll try and control my excitement!
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2006, 03:26:36 PM »

Unfortunately, Mom never shared the recipes with me.  Men "aren't supposed to cook", after all.  And by the time the cooking bug caught me, she was already gone.

If she shared any of her recipes with my sister, I doubt that she'd be willing to pass them my way.  That we don't get along is an understatement.

Tomovoz

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »

And with that revelation, I shall depart the Board until much "laters".

I miss DR Jose.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »

Unfortunately, Mom never shared the recipes with me.  Men "aren't supposed to cook", after all.  And by the time the cooking bug caught me, she was already gone.

If she shared any of her recipes with my sister, I doubt that she'd be willing to pass them my way.  That we don't get along is an understatement.

Sorry to hear that. I've got to finish the cookbooks I made from my mother's recipes either tonight or tomorrow and get them wrapped and packed up for Christmas...I'm the only one in the family who thought it was worth the effort to type in all my mom's recipes. Now they all want the results...go figure
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up