Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: CLEWLESS  (Read 29586 times)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
Re:CLEWLESS
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2006, 12:06:15 PM »

I hope your head feels better soon, Cillaliz. I hate those headaches that last for days. They are very tiring.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

FJL

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2006, 12:06:41 PM »

Lovely BRAIN reviews!

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »

Thanks DR Laura,  I wouldn't have gone to the doctor about it, but I already had an appointment scheduled, so I was glad I could bring it up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2006, 12:08:57 PM »

One good thing is the 2 motions I thought I had to write today have both had time extended for different reasons.  So, I'm at the office, but don't have anything pressing until tomorrow AM. I will post more about that after it happens

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2006, 12:18:06 PM »

GREAT reviews, Bruce! Congratulations!

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2006, 12:38:24 PM »

I am still putting off getting the boxes ready to mail.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2006, 12:50:37 PM »

Excellent REviews!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2006, 12:51:45 PM »

Go away headache vibes for Cilla!!  I hate headaches that last that long also..

They really zap you of your strength.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »

Hmm, the internet....

The internet does have its good and bad points and they balance precariously on a sword. Words can have many construed meanings and what one types in jest can be looked at as viciously by another.

HOwever, it is a good research and communication tool. Especially for those who are HOH, instant messaging and text messaging is a wonderful way to communicate with one another.  Ironically, IMing has some roots in the tty and tdd that were developed for the deaf. Many abbreviations and shorthand lingos come from the deaf and their use of the tty.

I have found it useful for sharing my hobbies and 'cough' appreciations of various writers and actors....

Since I do genealogy research, it has proven to be a wonderful reference tool. One does have to take into consideration that the internet have its seedy side and somethings need to be taken with a grain of salt and often double checked with other resources.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2006, 12:58:49 PM »

Nice to see Jane about again. I am glad everything went well at NIH... YOu have been missed!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »

DR Laura, I hearby send you twinkle vibes so you can twinkle your nose and the packages will be magically be mailed!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2006, 01:13:12 PM »

The internet has been an invaluable tool for me. Not only using it for research but also to make friends and connections aroound the world, I really can't think of doing without it in today's world.

What's more, I do a large percentage of my shopping off the internet. It's invaluable for that, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2006, 01:14:59 PM »

I had a long and enjoyable afternoon of viewing. I began with some of the CBS comedies. I enjoyed HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER very much. A tiny bit contrived but with lots of clever plays on words and a sweet Christmas message. I enjoyed it best of all the comedies I watched this afternoon.

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2006, 01:17:11 PM »

OLD CHRISTINE had an off-night as the "Meanie Moms" turned into the "Cheaty Moms," at least one of them did by lying about an accident she caused and getting friends to lie for her (to stay in her good graces) all at Christine's expense. I didn't find any of this at all funny, and it made up a majority of the half hour. The one amusing thing was Christine renting an overlarge SUV and her family and friends luxuriating in its expansiveness.

Matt H.

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »

CSI: MIAMI continued the terrorist scenario it started two weeks ago with one of the prime suspects in an attempted bombing finding herself hunted by her own band. So Hortaio and his squad, who have been gathering evidence to convict her, now find themselves having to attempt to find and protect her. OK hour with some unpleasantness for Ryan when he once again opted for the glamor of publicity rather than the hard and fast rules of the lab. Not the first time this has happened, and I suspect it won't be the last.

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2006, 01:21:26 PM »

DEXTER moved in very predictable ways toward its season finale next week as what we expected to happen did in fact happen, a loved one being abducted by the Ice Truck Killer. Enjoyed the show despite some predictable moments. I did like very much the prison sequence which came near the end of the episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »

THE CLASS had a so-so episode though it spent too much time with the characters I don't much care for (football player, his wife, and the guy who's loved her his whole life). Jesse Tyler Ferguson's routine on a stripper pole was fairly entertaining, and the new nieghbor who made a living with her "fruitography" was funny, too. Not much else was, however.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2006, 01:25:50 PM »

Ended the afternoon with last Thursday's 30 ROCK. Sounds like a broken record but for me Tracy Morgan continues to bore, Alec Baldwin continues to steal the show, and the show needs to give us more with the supporting characters. Once THE OFFICE did this, it became a MUCH better show (also giving the leads a break from having the carry the burden of the show in every single episode). 30 ROC would greatly benefit from expanding their roles and giving them some real personalities.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:48 PM »

I still have last week's MY NAME IS EARL and last night's A&E movie WEDDING WARS. Since I have nothing on network TV until 9, I should be able to get at least one of these watched tonight and possibly both.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2006, 01:26:51 PM »

Wow!  good quotes.  I hope this bodes well for The Brain!

I'm back from a charming and moving memorial service for Barnard Hughes.  I didn't see Helen, and the Walter Kerr Theatre was packed with friends and fans.  Wonderful people spoke:
Lauren Bacall
Remak Ramsey, who read comments from people who could not be there like Harold Prince and Mike Nichols
Sam Waterston, who played opposite Barney at the Public Theatre in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING - I'm so glad it's on DVD! - and HAMLET
Elizabeth Wilson, who did a couple of plays and a tv sereis with Barney
Brian Dennehy, who told how Barney secretly fed him when he was a struggling actor
Joe Dowling, former director of the Abbey Theatre in Dublin, who directed Barney in TRANSLATIONS in New York and in YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU at the Abbey
Lynne Meadow of Manhattan Theatre Club
Christine Ebersole sang "You'll Never Know" and James Naughton sang "Danny Boy"

The afternoon was wonderful.  After Doug, Baney and Helen's son, spoke, there was a wonderful series of projects of photos, production shots, and posters from Barney's life.  He was truly a lovely man.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2006, 01:31:56 PM »

Back from

1) the post office, where I mailed 2 boxes (one to San Diego and one to New Jersey on behalf of the friend who's wintering in San Diego;
2) the Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer, where my car was checked up this morning;
3) the garden center, where I bought 4 pixie poinsettias - 2 for each of my baskets that resemble sleighs
4)  the mall, where I got a new battery for my watch, some Christmas cards to send, some stocking stuffers, and the beginnings of a present for our niece; and
5) the grocery, where I bought the fixings for burgers for dinner.

All in the rain.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »

Thanks, DakotaCelt. I am waiting for the kids to sign the To/From tags on theirs. Then I'll tape them up and go.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2006, 01:33:36 PM »

DR Elmore - the tribute to Mr. Hughes sounds uplifting and lovely.  I'm glad you could be there for it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2006, 01:52:13 PM »

Have jogged, have packaged up a few orders, and shall now be on my way to LACC for a pickup rehearsal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2006, 01:52:50 PM »

After which, I shall return for but a moment and then be on my way to Vitello's.  I have to dress up for tonight's grand finale.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »

DR GINNY,
I appreciated your words about people spending many hours doing Google searches, then calling you. I tend to keep lots of notes on things--some are hard-copy, some are online. People often say, "Just do a Google search." Well, I do hundreds of them. Sometimes I find what I want, sometimes I don't. A good reference book/file, etc can be a real time-saver.

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2006, 02:04:24 PM »

DR GINNY,
I appreciated your words about people spending many hours doing Google searches, then calling you. I tend to keep lots of notes on things--some are hard-copy, some are online. People often say, "Just do a Google search." Well, I do hundreds of them. Sometimes I find what I want, sometimes I don't. A good reference book/file, etc can be a real time-saver.

From time to time, our library staff has participated in a radio station's on-air challenge, pitting us (with all our print and electronic resources) against some computer geeks with Internet access only.  The outcome is always that the geeks are faster, but the librarians are more accurate.

Ginny

« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »

Hi, DR Danise.  Is this seat taken?

Danise

« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2006, 02:10:55 PM »

Vibes to Cilaliz, hope your feeling better.

Comfort vibes to DR Elmore on the loss of your friend.  I'm also glad things worked out for Toyland.  I think you have been working on it since I met you.

Jane, I'm glad the tests came back good.  Good health vibes, just the same.

As for internet, if it wasn't for it, I never would have met this lovely group of people and that makes it worth is to me.  Of course, I also like to shop and can spend hours on Ebay and looking at things.  

If I have a question about a health problem I look on WebMD and I love reading the different pet sites about dogs.

I am totally wired and have been since AOL was Q-link and was for Commodore 64's only.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2006, 02:11:43 PM »

Hi Ginny!  Sorry to say I'm just about home but I think I might get on line a bit tonight.  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up