Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SURLY DISH MAN  (Read 20849 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE SURLY DISH MAN
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2003, 10:18:20 PM »

No more information re LOTR ROTK please George. I want to know nothing more before I get to see it.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2003, 10:21:15 PM »

No more information re LOTR ROTK please George. I want to know nothing more before I get to see it.

Sorry!  :-[  Hopefully it won't be too long!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2003, 10:22:44 PM »

By "anamorphic" I meant that the DVD was anamorphically enhanced for widescreen TVs, not that Vertigo was an anamorphic film, which it isn't.  The only films that were ever PROJECTED in VistaVision were, I believe, Strategic Air Command and maybe White Christmas.  I have the exact info in one of my widescreen reference books somewhere.

I think there are three or four couples (of Hainsies/Kimlets) here, and I think there are two "family" Hainsies/Kimlets, the Brockmans and the Millers.

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2003, 10:26:35 PM »

DR Laura II. You seemed to have developed a late night browsing habit. Is HHW taking over from your evening prayers? Maybe all these Gods are confusing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #154 on: December 28, 2003, 10:35:16 PM »

DR George:  Where is Casa Mia?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: December 28, 2003, 10:36:04 PM »

TCB: how goes the new play rehearsal? Do you get be a victim or a witness or ?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: December 28, 2003, 10:41:18 PM »

Does that mean you don't know your own address anymore TCB?
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #157 on: December 28, 2003, 10:41:24 PM »

Thank you for the vibes, Tomovoz.

By the way, I signed up for classes the other day. I signed up for a history class with the Australian lady who says, "hee-uh" in each sentence. I don't particularly like history and I don't need the credits. I just think it's funny to count the hee-uhs.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: December 28, 2003, 10:43:49 PM »

TCB: how goes the new play rehearsal? Do you get be a victim or a witness or ?

Oh, I am afraid I can't tell you that, Ozzie.  It's top secret.  If I told you, I would have to kill you.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #159 on: December 28, 2003, 10:45:23 PM »

DR George:  Where is Casa Mia?

The three that I know of are in Yelm (right next to the Yelm Cinemas, where we saw LOTR: TROTK); in Lacey, right across the street from the Lacey Cinemas on Martin Way; and in Olympia on Plum Street.  I'd never been to the Yelm Casa Mia before...but the food was as good as the other restaurants (it is a chain, after all) and the service wasn't too bad, either.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 10:46:22 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: December 28, 2003, 10:47:33 PM »

This year ask her a few questions Sandra. She may be an imposter. What history does she teach? "hee uh" sounds very "Adelaide" to me.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #161 on: December 28, 2003, 10:48:55 PM »

Oh, I am afraid I can't tell you that, Ozzie.  It's top secret.  If I told you, I would have to kill you.
In other words, he's the defendant.

8)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #162 on: December 28, 2003, 10:49:53 PM »

Thanks TCB. Now to estabish if it is the lead pipe in the library. (or wherever you put it!)
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: December 28, 2003, 10:53:29 PM »

The three that I know of are in Yelm (right next to the Yelm Cinemas, where we saw LOTR: TROTK); in Lacey, right across the street from the Lacey Cinemas on Martin Way; and in Olympia on Plum Street.  I'd never been to the Yelm Casa Mia before...but the food was as good as the other restaurants (it is a chain, after all) and the service wasn't too bad, either.

Okay, it must be the one on Plum Street that I was thinking about.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #164 on: December 28, 2003, 10:57:51 PM »

I bought (obviously cheap!) a copy of the film of "The Grass Harp" today. I saw it on TV a few years back and enjoyed it. I don't think I shall ever get to see the musical. Also purchased an inexpensive copy of "Chicken Run" which has been a favourite in this house for some time. Our old video is somewhat worn - and it was a copy of a copy of a copy.
My sister is in Bali at present  and buying DVDs for $3. each. I don't approve of pirating but at $3 my morality can be bought. Come to think of it, I could be bought for $3 and then give change.
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #165 on: December 28, 2003, 11:18:19 PM »

DR Panni--Very sorry to hear about your cousin. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

DR Sandra--Feel better soon!

DR Tomovoz--hahahaha you gave me quite a laugh! I am truly a night owl. I say my evening prayers right before I go to bed (which will be fairly soon), so I haven't said them yet. I must break these bad habits! :)

DR Jennifer--"Forget About the Boy!" Ok, that is easier said than done. Happy vibes to you in your confused state. ~~~~~~~ I've been there many a time. Please feel free to PM me if you want to talk. I've become pretty good at giving romance advice to people over these last few weeks.

Mymy--HAPPY OFFICIAL BIRTHDAY! Have an awesome day! Also, have a great trip with the other HHW girls starting on Tues!
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jed

« Reply #166 on: December 28, 2003, 11:55:35 PM »

By the way, I signed up for classes the other day. I signed up for a history class with the Australian lady who says, "hee-uh" in each sentence. I don't particularly like history and I don't need the credits. I just think it's funny to count the hee-uhs.

Alright now, Hainsies and Kimlets, start hoping for bizarre classmates for DR Sandra, so we can all enjoy the wonderful entertainment of her stories!  How I do miss those!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up