Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FROZEN PIPES  (Read 77642 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:THE FROZEN PIPES
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2007, 11:06:26 AM »

My Closer producer had a friend who was a singer/dancer in the Broadway production of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. She was told she couldn't audition for the Grease thing because she had too much professional experience.

So how can Juliana make it? It doesn't seem fair--I thought the idea was to discover new talent! (Maybe I should just watch the show...)

I'm wondering if the "catch" was "no previous Broadway credit(s)".  -Which would explain how some of the "working actors" were able to get through the auditions.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2007, 11:06:52 AM »

Ah, Page Five!

Well..  Everyone do The HAND JIVE!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2007, 11:07:37 AM »

And now it's time for me to head out for a bit...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2007, 11:10:07 AM »

They had regular Equity auditions - someone has already said that Marshall has several pros coming in towards the end.  It's all completely bogus and furthermore filled with outright lies (the couple who broke up - scripted reality TV - there's a concept).  Touting Jim Jacobs as a Broadway veteran (one B'way show does not a veteran make - and they also act as if he had something to do with the film - he and his partner were not allowed on the set, that's how much he had to do with it - and, of course, the two hit songs from the film are by John Farrar), touting Miss Marshall as a Tony Award-winning director (she has never won a directing award, Tony or otherwise), touting David Ian as a B'way veteran (sorry, he produced Saturday Night Fever in London - and even if he'd produced it on B'way, producing THAT show only makes you an idiot, not a veteran).  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »

Guess I'll shave and shower and be on my way to rehearsal.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2007, 11:12:29 AM »

I am totally clueless on the show. I have not seen it since I try not to watch the telly at night becuase during the school year I work at night.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2007, 11:15:14 AM »

They had regular Equity auditions - someone has already said that Marshall has several pros coming in towards the end.  It's all completely bogus and furthermore filled with outright lies (the couple who broke up - scripted reality TV - there's a concept).  Touting Jim Jacobs as a Broadway veteran (one B'way show does not a veteran make - and they also act as if he had something to do with the film - he and his partner were not allowed on the set, that's how much he had to do with it - and, of course, the two hit songs from the film are by John Farrar), touting Miss Marshall as a Tony Award-winning director (she has never won a directing award, Tony or otherwise), touting David Ian as a B'way veteran (sorry, he produced Saturday Night Fever in London - and even if he'd produced it on B'way, producing THAT show only makes you an idiot, not a veteran).  

I did a little searching on the names and I would not qualify them as Broadway vets either. IMHO, you have several successful  shows under your belt and be RECOGNIZED by your peers as a strong talent.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal, then for a meeting at the theater, then to check out the makeup tests, then to eat, after which I shall return.  Don't forget the Golden Globes reports, especially on fashion.

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2007, 11:43:52 AM »

Boy am I glad I have today off.  After blowing snow this morning, I couldn't get warm. I also felt a cold coming on. I went back to bed around 8:30 or 9:00 I think and just woke up.  I feel better, but can tell I'm catching a cold.   I still need to shovel the front walk and the front porch, so I guess I should bundle up again and go do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2007, 11:45:39 AM »

But first I think I'll make a sandwich from the left over roast beef I made yesterday. I also have some zuchinni and something new that's a cross between broccoli and asparagus.  It looked interesting.

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2007, 11:48:50 AM »

Re: GREASE YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT.

I thought that any professional was allowed to audition. But perhaps it is only people who have not been on broadway. That was not made clear (although they did address the issue of allowing people in with experience). I believe kathleen marshall said something about how this was not just a competition for amateurs.

As for how many contestants are left, last night they chose the 50 that would go to grease academy.  The finals will be when there are only 12 left (6 men and 6 women). That is supposedly when america can start voting.

So next sunday we will see the 50 chosen for grease academy. And we will watch them go through training. I don't think that they said how many would get cut next week. But i am assuming that we will know the 12 finalists by the end of next week's show (i think they said something last night about america voting in 2 weeks).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2007, 11:59:48 AM »

I do hope it isn't Barbie Pink.  It's such a hard color to get to match the upholstery in most living rooms.

No, it's not pink! ;) It's sort of a forest green but a little lighter (I guess).  I don't remember the exact name of the color, but it's very nice.  After I paint the fixed area, I'll take pictures.  The bottom floor of my place is almost ready for viewing!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:13:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2007, 12:07:20 PM »

TOTD:
Death In Venice
2001 - ASO
Carousel
Cinema Paradiso
The Milagro Beanfield War
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:08:04 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2007, 12:09:47 PM »

Witht he selections I'd love to take along the CDs of soundtracks as well! (Guess #5 would have to be the "Migration Suite")
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

jhvw

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »

Hello all, I've been meaning to post all weekend but computer/power issues kept me from doing anything electric. Our little corner of Missouri (read misery) has seen quite a beating the past 3 days. The little town south of us has absolutely no power at all, like 20,000 homes. I slid into work WAY early just to get warm again. My bedroom was 43 degrees this morning :) We have power, internet, and heat here, but our news program is down, so we're composing our newscasts in microsoft word....makes for a very tedious day. So, I'm off to drown in stacks of paper. Hope all the rest of you in the path of the storm made it through ok. I'll be back later.

jhvw

« Reply #135 on: January 15, 2007, 12:22:20 PM »

UGGHH.. I went asking where our main anchors and weatherman are today..they're on a cruise headed to the bahamas....bastards...

George

« Reply #136 on: January 15, 2007, 12:26:41 PM »

~~~Get Power Back Soon Vibes for JHVW!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #137 on: January 15, 2007, 12:27:16 PM »

Okay, here are my top nine movies (at this moment in time...and in alphabetical order):

Brokeback Mountain
Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame
It's A Wonderful Life
Latter Days (the unrated version)
Meet Me in St. Louis
Scrooge
Singin' In The Rain
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Victor/Victoria

George

« Reply #138 on: January 15, 2007, 12:28:33 PM »

Now, it's time for me to take a shower and get dressed to go out in public.  My niece, my friend Margo and I are going to see "Dreamgirls" today.  I hope I like it. ;D

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 12:30:04 PM by George »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #139 on: January 15, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »

O" Danny Boy,
The pipes, the pipes......

Are broken.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »

I plan to be home in time for the Golden Globe Awards.  I also told Margo that I'd tape them for her because she doesn't have cable TV.  How can someone live like that??

;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2007, 12:38:11 PM »

So, today I see my barber, and  then I shall visit Ben and Anthony to celebrate laast month's holidays.  After that, I have my first of several 3-hour sessions to record the new "virtual" orchestrations of ANNIE GET YOUR GUN.  I shall return later in the afternoon, and perhaps accomplish a bit of work on Toyland.

elmore, what is the purpose (or use) of the new virtual orchestations?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2007, 12:43:36 PM »

Vixmom-It was a good thing you waited until Saturday morning to check up on things.  This is why we always like someone to stay here when we travel.

My hip has been bothering me for a long while now, doubt a shot would work.  Sitting and lying down hurt more than walking.  I have stretches I began several years ago when my hip problem forced me to physical therapy, which help some.    

Thanks for the cookie link.

Great idea for a birthday party, not something I would have dared done with a group of boys. ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2007, 12:51:03 PM »

power back on vibes to jhvw!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2007, 12:53:07 PM »

I'll just eat a really lean Lean Cuisine for dinner tonight to make up for it.

I have been trying to catch one of the commercials in order to watch our friend’s daughter.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2007, 12:59:58 PM »

UGGHH.. I went asking where our main anchors and weatherman are today..they're on a cruise headed to the bahamas....bastards...

Bastards, indeed - but clever fellows 8)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: January 15, 2007, 01:03:09 PM »

I am finishing getting ready for work.. I have to work at the library from 330 to midnight

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: January 15, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »

tough call on the movies... I am still thinking on that since i have so many that I like and it is tough to narrow it down to 5 or 10.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »

EDISAURUS,
Thanks for the imdb reference; I must have missed Michael Maloney's entry. He's done far more acting work than I was aware of. I loved him in Me and Mrs Jones. But, somehow, off-screen, he's just not my type. ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: January 15, 2007, 01:13:44 PM »

People are watching the GREASE show for the same reason they watch talent shows and talent competitions on the other networks: America is a country of competition. Sports wouldn't be as big as they are if we didn't LOVE a contest to crown a winner, and the same can be said of everything from Miss America to the Oscars. Competition is ingrained in us from the cradle.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up