Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: MOOD MUSIC  (Read 108735 times)

FJL

Re:MOOD MUSIC
« Reply #330 on: January 26, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »

And one for Marian (and Rosebud)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #331 on: January 26, 2007, 06:45:15 PM »

If you want someone who will bring you the paper without first tearing it apart to remove the sports section

Then get a dog.

If you want someone willing to make a fool of himself simply over the joy of seeing you

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never says it's not quite as good as his mother made it ....

Then get a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour, for as long and wherever you want.

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get up on your bed just to warm your feet and whom you can push off if he snores .....

Then get a dog.

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves you unconditionally, perpetually

Then get a dog.

But, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, runs around all night and only comes home to eat and sleep, and acts as if your entire existence is solely to ensure his happiness.

Then get a cat!

der Brucer

I highly object to the cat comment!!! So untrue!!!

Even Echo who was trained to collect the paper had a tendency to rip it.  

Dogs don’t eat everything, at least not the ones I have had.

Sherlock likes to take the remote ;D

I could go on and on, and if the dog flops on me at night and snored there is no way I can move him. ::)

Cillaliz

« Reply #332 on: January 26, 2007, 06:48:10 PM »

Thank heavens this week is over, but I found myself engaging in retail therapy again today.  I just can't stay away from the store that's closing. I was back in the shoe department today and bought 3 more pair of shoes. The prices are SOOO low. I don't need tennis shoes right now, but I wear tennis shoes out fairly regularly, so I'll dig those out when I need them.   I was going to give an excuse for the show buying, but there isn't one. It was fun.  So it was my third trip to the sale, but I ran into a woman who had been in the store for 3 hours!!! She had more in her cart and set back at the cashier than I purchased in 3 trips.....doesn't that mean it's ok to go back again tomorrow?

Jane

« Reply #333 on: January 26, 2007, 06:50:21 PM »

George-Sorry about the play. I hope it works out in the near future.

Tomovoz-No more leaky pipes & easy repair vibes!

Cason-You are looking exceptionally cute these days.  

Jane

« Reply #334 on: January 26, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »

Bruce-I wonder how I knew there was no need to skip your SPOILER post. ;D

When someone at the bank usually asks if you have a straight deposit, they do it right then and give you a stamped deposit slip.  I would not have been pleased.

Cillaliz

« Reply #335 on: January 26, 2007, 06:52:57 PM »

Tomorrow I am going to go through all of my shoes and either donate the ones I have but never wear and throw out the old ones that really need to go but are still here because at one time they were my favorites. Then I will feel no guilt for all the shoes I've gotten at the fabulous sale....oh, maybe I'll need more ;)

Jane

« Reply #336 on: January 26, 2007, 06:53:57 PM »

Miss Karen-MARLEY AND ME came out while we were petless, and I had no intention of getting another pet.  For the first time in my life I was free of obligations at home.  I wanted to know what freedom felt like, and I’m still waiting.  Keith was miserable without a dog and I knew eventually we would get one.  I was afraid if I read about a true Monster Dog I wouldn’t give in on a puppy.

Our “Monster Dog” is really the calmest puppy we have ever had, however, being a puppy, he has had his moments.  

Oh, I have yet to watch MEDIUM.  It is okay though, I figured out very quickly I shouldn’t be reading your comments.

Jane

« Reply #337 on: January 26, 2007, 06:54:56 PM »

DERBRUCER- Will the Grandlad be able to take piano at school?  It isn’t the usual sort of instrument taught in schools.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: January 26, 2007, 07:03:54 PM »

I have just returned from a delightful concert at Zankel Hall presented by Carnegie Hall and the Marilyn Horne Foundation.  Four excellent singers, a guest appearance by wonderful Metropolitan Opera tenor Marcello Giordani, and a lot of beautiful song accompanied by five excellent pianists.  The theme was "The Gypsy In My Soul" and the beginning set was Spanish, followed by Dvorak's beautiful Gypsy Melodies and ending with the four soloists performing Brahm's Gypsy Song.  The concert, scheduled to begin at 7:30 began around 7:45, and the whole thing lasted 90 minutes.  A perfect amount of time.

I just ordered the Dvorak songs from Amazon.com, and here I am.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: January 26, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »

George, I just went to the Brain page at Kritzerland - none of the songs in the list are clickable - the only clickable things on the page I'm seeing are the photos and the song lyrics download.  And the buy icon.  Why doesn't someone click on the fershluganah buy icon already.  Two copies!

Jane

« Reply #340 on: January 26, 2007, 07:09:27 PM »

Danise, I hope you find a fun and safe place to take the dogs.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #341 on: January 26, 2007, 07:17:38 PM »

Thank you DRs for the plumbing support!! Plumb on target. No more news on the issue until the new working week.  A holiday weekend here.

Was it Tom Thumb who pulled out a plumb?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #342 on: January 26, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »

Yay! "The Brain" is up and ready for sale!!

The best show I've seen in years!!

A laugh a second!!!!

DR MBarnum, did you purchase yours?

When's the press release going out, BK?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2007, 07:31:46 PM »

George, I just went to the Brain page at Kritzerland - none of the songs in the list are clickable - the only clickable things on the page I'm seeing are the photos and the song lyrics download.  And the buy icon.  Why doesn't someone click on the fershluganah buy icon already.  Two copies!

Where are the "audio samples"?

And why is this Skinner/Ripley song active on the "Brain from..." page?

How did I find that?  I just moved my cursor around and any time it acted like it found something clickable, I clicked. I found a Skinner/Riply song (I Miss the Mountains) on the page for "Brain from Planet X"...along with the "this" above.

An anomaly to be sure.  The site does say click on the album cover for audio samples.  Perhaps theire aren't meant to be any?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 07:56:57 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Miss Karen

« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »

If you had raised a better pedagogue, he would have explained "how" the little icons get on the page (Course maybe he don't wont Mommy to have any on her posts!)

Der Brucer ~ Don't make me come and snatch you bald-headed......although looking at your little wizard photo (or whatever you're supposed to be), it looks like someone beat me to the punch...

Miss Karen

« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2007, 07:35:07 PM »

If you had raised a better pedagogue, he would have explained "how" the little icons get on the page (Course maybe he don't wont Mommy to have any on her posts!)

Let me try that again...

Der Brucer ~ Don't make me come and snatch you bald-headed -- although, looking at your little wizard photo (or mad scientist or whatever you're supposed to be), it looks like someone beat me to the punch....

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2007, 07:35:26 PM »

Rae's is on Pico, near Cloverfield in Santa Monica.

Really? I used to live near Pico and 23rd. Can't remember Rae's, though. Maybe it wasn't there then.

Miss Karen

« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »

Miss Karen-MARLEY AND ME came out while we were petless, and I had no intention of getting another pet.  For the first time in my life I was free of obligations at home.  I wanted to know what freedom felt like, and I’m still waiting.  Keith was miserable without a dog and I knew eventually we would get one.  I was afraid if I read about a true Monster Dog I wouldn’t give in on a puppy.

Our “Monster Dog” is really the calmest puppy we have ever had, however, being a puppy, he has had his moments.  

Oh, I have yet to watch MEDIUM.  It is okay though, I figured out very quickly I shouldn’t be reading your comments.

DR Jane ~ Do read "Marley and Me."  A must for any dog lover.  Argggh -- with all the spoiler alerts today, and I still blow it by putting your name on that post instead of DR Jennifer's.  Sorry about that -- it was like what happened with mixing up John Grogan with Brigadier General George Grogan -- I was thinking one name but typing another.  You and George Grogan just randomly popped into my mind as I was madly posting today....and Deuce isn't really a monster dog, either, he just has a few screws missing...and we wouldn't trade him for the world....

MBarnum

« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »

Ordering the Brain CD made me very happy. That is all.

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2007, 07:50:42 PM »

BK, you ought to DR Cason sign some copies for The Brain CD that may be purchased by certain HHWers.

That would be a nice thing.

Over and out.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2007, 07:50:45 PM »

The other day, I was digging in the sand with a bunch of four-year-old boys. They were making sand castles by filling their buckets with wet sand, turning them over, and sitting on them. Then they'd get up and pick up the bucket, and there would be a sand castle. Since the process involves sitting and therefore the tuchus and they so like to say that word, they called the castles Tuchus Butt Castles.

I really like this phrase, but there aren't many opportunities to use it in day-to-day conversation. So I am advocating its use as an exclamation of surprise or dismay. For example:

Me: I'd like a large Cherry Coke, please.
Guy at the pizza place: I'm sorry, but the Cherry Coke is out of order.
Me: Well, tuchus butt castle!

Think it'll catch on?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

François

« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2007, 07:50:59 PM »

Oyez! Oyez! (Oh, yeah?!)

A 2-Disc Special Edition DVD for The Aristocats out April 27!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51266

Boy, Duchess must have had a facelift, after all these years! She does not like herself at all! And Thomas O'Malley has weird eyes!

FOR CAT LOVERS ONLY, of course! ;-)

Cillaliz

« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2007, 07:54:23 PM »

I'm watching An Affair to Remember, I love this movie

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2007, 07:55:12 PM »

Good Evening!

Greetings from the Apple Store Fifth Avenue!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2007, 07:56:07 PM »

My friend, Paul, wanted to see what all the fuss was about - since he's been a Mac-y since way back when.  So, right now, he's feeling like a kid in a candy store.  Meanwhile...
Make Your Own Luck.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2007, 07:56:20 PM »

What happened to:

UNDERPANTS?

der Brucer

UNDERPANTS!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #356 on: January 26, 2007, 07:57:56 PM »

We just came from seeing Spring Awakening... WOW!

I liked it a lot, and there's still a lot I need to process.  But I know I liked it.  However, there was a family sitting in front of us with a teenage son, and whenever more provocative language was used, or actions happened on stage...  I don't think I've ever seen someone - the father - clean their eyeglasses so much.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

François

« Reply #357 on: January 26, 2007, 07:58:04 PM »

I'm watching An Affair to Remember, I love this movie

Ahhh, Vic Dannon, err... Damon! ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #358 on: January 26, 2007, 07:58:30 PM »

Well, I should be a good host...  Once I'm back home tonight, I'll catch up on the posts and post some more myself.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #359 on: January 26, 2007, 08:02:25 PM »

Ahhh, Vic Dannon, err... Damon! ;)

Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up