Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: DIET RIGHT  (Read 21260 times)

Jason

Re:DIET RIGHT
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2003, 05:39:39 PM »

It's hard to see the signature...oh, well.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2003, 05:45:22 PM »

LOL! Looks like Patti was having one of her good days when Al did the drawing!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2003, 05:46:21 PM »

Great pictures Jason!  Thanks!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Danise

« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2003, 05:48:59 PM »

I hope the gals are have a wonderful time in NYC but I halfway wish they would have picked another time to be there.  I know they say it's safe but I still worry.

I ment to say my own GREAT Diet starts on Monday.  Let's see if I can lose it before I become seriously horizontally challenged.

Oh and my name would be:  Sunday Brooks

And I also wish to express my thanks to Mark.  I haven't posted any more questions for you but since it's the holidays, I thought I'd give you a break.  I'm sure you have much more important things to do at this time of year than answer my 2004 (thats two thousand and four-- hey does that remind you of anything?) questions.  :-)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2003, 06:05:06 PM »

Thanks for the warm welcomes back.

DR Jason:  Next time you're snapping pix in NYC, howsabout a shot of the Gershwin with the "Wicked" marquee.

I sure hope our "Goldies" enjoy "Wicked" as much as I did when it was here in S.F.

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2003, 06:29:31 PM »

For the QotD, I've gotta say that we are having this discussion over at Scarlet Street as well; except that the cd is limited to ONE.  Over there, I honestly admitted that there are two cds which have not left my cd player since they arrived, so, since there is a TIE in first place, here are my choices for Favorite CD Purchases (and/or GIFTS*) of 2003:

1.  JEEPERS CREEPERS: Great Songs from Horror
     A MIGHTY WIND
2.  THE ULTIMATE BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN
3.  WICKED (both the live - which was available on a soundtrack newsgroup; as well as the Broadway Cast)
4.  AVENUE Q
5.  GYPSY (original soundtrack)   
6.  THE CLIFF RICHARD COLLECTION (six - count 'em -six cds of Cliff and the Shadows, too)
7.  THE ROSEMARY CLOONEY ALBUM - Bette Midler
8.  NINE - remastered Original Broadway Cast
9.  ESCAPEOLOGY - Robbie Williams
10. LIVE AT KNEBWORTH - Robbie Williams (import)

Runners-up:
THE YOUNG ONES, SUMMER HOLIDAY, THE PARTY, THE GREAT RACE  (original soundtracks found on Ebay),    THE LITTLE PRINCE*, THE SHERMAN BROTHERS ALBUM*, DAVID PHELPS, MICHAEL BUBLE, DOWN WITH LOVE (soundtrack), LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING (soundtrack), FINDING NEMO (soundtrack), THE DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES (Mancini Box Set).

Disappointments:
THE MOVIE ALBUM - Barbra, FLOWER DRUM SONG, SWEET CHARITY (soundtracks), 8 MILE (he may have the Oscar, but, Eminem is not at his best here), AT LAST _ Cynid Lauper (Hey, give me the "Theme from 'THE GOONIES.'")
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2003, 07:15:42 PM »

So what you are saying, Dearing Reader Jane, is that the detailed reportage faithfully and diligently posted here by Dear Reader Charles Pogue, Dear Reader Panni and Dear Reader Me, not to mention that of Dear BK himself (he a paragon of objectivity), is suspect???

LOL.  I just couldn't resist.  I'm sure Penny will have only the nicest of things to say about the party, and of course all my DR friends.

Jane

« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2003, 07:19:33 PM »

DRJane - if your pictures are Jpegs email them to me and I will post them for you.

Thanks for the offer.  Keith posted those pictures while I was out doing my errands.

Jane

« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2003, 07:25:36 PM »

What a beautiful kitty...and what beautifully wrapped packages under the tree! My mom will only use the same wrapping paper on every package under the tree...no variants, so she ends up buying six rolls of the same paper. She's anal retentive that way.

Those boxes are actually empty.  The best gift to give me is a pretty package to save for the following year.  I don't really get empty gifts though I would be very happy to receive them.  I just take forever unwrapping the pretty ones and then rewrap them to save.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2003, 07:26:32 PM »

For some reason, the dog/cat pics are only half visible on my computer. Drats. I'm sure they're cute.
The first dog-street combo of names would make me a Hungarian stripper (or avant-garde composer): Gypsy Dohany

Jane

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2003, 07:46:25 PM »

Ron welcome back.

Jason nice night shot.

Danise, what was the last Jag episode?  The last one I recorded was the Christmas episode.  I have so many episodes saved my TIVO programming stopped recording them.  TIVO automatically records and saves a total of five episodes of one show.  Never imagining I would need more than that I didn’t change it to save and record all new episodes.

The same goes for West Wing.  Does anyone know what and when the last episode of that was?

Panni I’m sorry you can’t see the pictures.  Shall I try emailing them to you?

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2003, 07:51:03 PM »

yay, we managed to get to the beach today.  Of course now it's raining, but that's okay, at least I got a few hours playing in the waves.
We've had a long history of male pets in our family, so using the last female one, who died before I was born, my name would be Lady Sampson  Sound like a madame at a brothel to me...

Or a dominatrix.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Jay

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2003, 07:56:22 PM »

Love the pet pix, DR SWW and DR Jane.  Yep, this site sure seems to attract a fine group of animal lovers.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2003, 08:08:57 PM »

Or a dominatrix.
That was actually the first thing I had down, but I didn't want to offend anyone, so I went with something a bit tamer :)

Jay

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2003, 08:10:16 PM »

I payed an unscheduled visit to my dentist this morning, Dear Readers, who took a look-see around a tooth that has been causing me pain over the last few days when it comes in contact with cold fluids.  He hmmmed, and hmmmed some more, discussed the situation with me, and then referred me to an endodontist.  The endontist did his own exploration of said suspect tooth, did his own share of hmmming, and scheduled me for a root canal for next week.  Isn't that exciting?  Isn't that too too?

After that ordeal, I went to see Calendar Girls.  Although there is a sequence involving a visit to Los Angeles in the third act of the film that is rather unnecessary (or would have been best included in the film as a brief montage sequence), this is a very pleasant feel-good movie.  Helen Mirren, as always, is a joy to watch.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2003, 08:11:51 PM »

I haven't died, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I'm not ignoring you, and I promise I'm not gone forever.

You, in the corner, stop looking so let down. I'm back, get over it.

I haz been SUPER SUPER SUPER busy, and then my computer killed itself. Yes, it commited suicide. I wasn't sad though, because *I* have a computer-nerd dad, who fixed and rebuilt the entire thing. It's pretty and new and functional. Now if I can find time to USE it, everything will be swell.

I hope you all had happy holidays! I'll start reading notes again tomrrow!

Missed you guys...
...Walk in the sunshine...

Jay

« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2003, 08:13:11 PM »

That was actually the first thing I had down, but I didn't want to offend anyone, so I went with something a bit tamer :)

"Tamer" = "Lion Tamer" =  "Whip" (with a really loud cracking sound) = "Dominatrix"

Same deal, m'dear.  Same deal.  

Oh, BTW, will you kiss the sands of Waikiki for me and remind them that I shall some day return?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 08:19:01 PM by Jay »

Jay

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2003, 08:17:13 PM »

DR Ron has returned home, DR Swishy Sarah has resurfaced, and even the criminally errant and truant DR LC has appeared at dinner with the Hainesie Husseys in New York.  It's beginning to feel like the Walton's New Year's Reunion.  Or something like that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2003, 08:19:49 PM by Jay »

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2003, 08:20:02 PM »

DR Ann: After some of the suggestions by our friends MusicGuy and TCB, I think we can stay away from "tame".
Dr MBarnum: Full name would really be "Bluey Mount Dandenong". I guess I could have gone for Bluey MD and opted  for the Medical Drag.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2003, 08:22:45 PM »

Thanks for the cute photos Jane and Keith.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2003, 08:25:39 PM »

Swishy Sarah we missed you too.  Glad to have you back.   :)
Having family members who know  the ins and outs of computers is certainly a bonus.  

Jane

« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2003, 08:31:14 PM »

Welcome Tom.  Still waiting to find out about your name change.  Is there an archive posting I can go to?

Good night all.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2003, 08:35:43 PM »

Spent the evening on a nostalgia trip. First watched THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS and one of the documentaries accompanying the DVD. This Warner oldie (1953) looked very good for something not considered anything special (and the mono sound was incredibly loud and clean), so I pulled out CASABLANCA and just wallowed for a little while in its magnificence. Then, I stuck in the second disc in the set and watched a couple of those documentaries.

td

• td
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2003, 08:37:55 PM »

I thought that the pictures of the kitty-cats were just too-too!  And that's coming from a life-long dog man.
It's nice to see those four-legged loved ones treading the boards of HHW.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2003, 08:38:04 PM »

We shall laugh and laugh and then we shall laugh some more.  

Thank you all for keeping the home fires burning - I just got home this very minute from what turned into a very long twelve hour-plus day.  I'm whacked.  I must get some food down my gaping maw, then I shall return to post until the cows come home.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2003, 08:40:21 PM »

DR Jay: How is Roller doing?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jay

« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2003, 08:44:53 PM »

DR Jay: How is Roller doing?

He seems to be doing fine.  His personality is back, and though he still struggles a bit with the doggie door (it's a bit elevated above the ground when coming back into the house), I'd say his strength is at around 90% of what it was.  He'll be on two antibiotics for another ten days or so, and then we'll return to the vet for follow-up X-rays.

Thank you for asking!

td

• td
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2003, 08:45:03 PM »

Spent the evening on a nostalgia trip.

me too!
But my dvd of choice was DURAN DURAN GREATEST HITS.
Then, I listened to Miss Connie Francis singing "Where the Boys Are" and "Theme from MOULIN ROUGE;" also known as "Where is Your Heart?"  Lovely vocalist whom I hadn't listened to for quite some time.  The latter is especially beautiful.
The DURAN DURAN dvd is quite interesting, with lots of Easter Eggs, interviews and BIG HAIR, not to mention beaucoup des nus!

Matt H.

« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2003, 08:48:07 PM »

Well, headed for bed now. Glad to see familiar names and faces back home where they belong (a HELLO DOLLY reference), and I'll look forward to reading tonight's West Coast postings tomorrow morning. Good night.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2003, 09:06:59 PM »

"the Mummy" was a single. And no! TCB did not date the mummy.

That's right.  I prefer the Daddy.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up