Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BOUNCE  (Read 37735 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BOUNCE
« Reply #270 on: February 07, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »

And one for Memphis!
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #271 on: February 07, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

Great. So he installed 6 and then my Mac started crashing all the time and he said to go home and run disc warrior. If that failed, I should reinstall my OS. Now itunes will not open at all. Crap.

DR Edi--before you do anything else, burn your music files to CDs.  Burn the CDs as data files, not audio.  Just in case...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #272 on: February 07, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »

The nemonic I always taught my students about "
stationery" was that you use that word to write a letter, and letter has two "e'"s in it, so you use the "e" form of stationery to do that.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #273 on: February 07, 2007, 08:36:50 PM »

I couldn't resist it, so when I settled in for viewing, I had to put in THE HEIRESS. The new DVD has only an introduction by Robert Osborne and a trailer, but it's the film that counts, and overall it looks fine. Yep, I noticed some occasional specks and dirt, and a scratch that lasts 15-20 seconds along the right side of the frame about midway through the film. Overall, though, the movie is sharp and the mono sound is solid.

I just really love this movie, and I love it more every time I watch it.

Matt H.

« Reply #274 on: February 07, 2007, 08:39:19 PM »

BONES had an entertaining hour tonight and a little different since Temperence was paired with a different FBI agent this time out since Booth had to endure therapy. (His therapist was played by the always wonderful Stephen Fry.)

And it looks as if Temperence will now have a romantic interest for awhile since he and she won't be partners. So his character can be recurring and not necessarily on every week.

Matt H.

« Reply #275 on: February 07, 2007, 08:42:21 PM »

I watched a bit of the LOST SURVIVOR GUIDE at 9, but when I saw it was going to be highlights of what I already knew about, I put on last night's SVU episode. An offbeat episode for SVU, too, since it didn't actually involve a sex crimes case (though it appeared that way at the beginning). James Naughton was a principal guest star but more fun was seeing huge former professional wrestler Bill Goldberg toss Christopher Meloni around like he was a 98 pound weakling.

Matt H.

« Reply #276 on: February 07, 2007, 08:44:19 PM »

LOST - more action, more drama, more surprises, more gorgeous high definition photography. So glad it's back.

I enjoyed Juliet's backstory very much. Nice to see Robin Weigert, Nestor Carbonell (such magnetic eyes), and Zeljko Ivanek in guest star roles.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: February 07, 2007, 08:45:42 PM »

I also managed to watch about 15 minutes of IDOL. I was able to jump past commercials and miserable singers, but I heard some very good ones, so I'm glad I recorded the show. I'll finish this tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: February 07, 2007, 08:54:21 PM »

I stayed up too late last night reading, so I'm heading down now to get an earlier start to bedtime.

Good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #279 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:14 PM »

Edisaurus, you might want to get a little mini-hard drive - they're reasonably inexpensive and you can back your entire computer onto it - I do so once a week, and I do my important word docs every night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #280 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:35 PM »

Had a lovely dining adventure at Bird's - my goodness, I'm full when I leave there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #281 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:50 PM »

Now to finish the awful movie and move onto something nicer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #282 on: February 07, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »

Will we never get to page eleven?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #283 on: February 07, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »

Well... Time for me to finish up the last bit of organizing I need to get done before heading to bed... and before heading to the airport in the morning.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #284 on: February 07, 2007, 09:21:38 PM »

I've worked a bit on my Angela Stevens interview...I must get caught up on transcribing these many, many interviews I did this last year!!!!!

But now I feel like crashing in front of the TV and watching another Perry Mason season 1 episode. I love this show!

Of course just about everytime I watch Perry Mason I see someone in the cast who I have interviewed and whose tape I need to transcribe.  ::)

MBarnum

« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2007, 09:23:48 PM »

BK, have you checked out the list of celebs for the upcoming Ray Courts Hollywood show??? Quite a nice line-up with several people I would LOVE to meet!

If only I could afford to come down to LA again!

Maybe I will this summer for the June (or is it July) show....since I don't think I can afford to fly to the show (Monster Bash) in Pittsburgh that I would love to go to this summer.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #286 on: February 07, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »

Yeah, well, sometimes we need to earn a few dollars on the side.
(Now, how's that for bait, Der B?)

Adequate:

Better a few bucks on the side than a few qaurters on your back :-X

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #287 on: February 07, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »

Today I figured out how to divide nine birthday cupcakes among ten kids and got punched in the arm by a misbehaving four-year-old.

That should have made life easier - no cup-cake for the puncher!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #288 on: February 07, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »

The nemonic I always taught my students about "
stationery" was that you use that word to write a letter, and letter has two "e'"s in it, so you use the "e" form of stationery to do that.

That'll work.
Thanx

(Now to remember how to spell "letter")

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #289 on: February 07, 2007, 10:56:17 PM »

I've seen the Courts list - I, of course, arranged for Mr. Bert I. Gordon and daughter to be there, and I'll be hanging out with them quite a lot.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2007, 11:03:11 PM »

Did you know it costs over 400 dollars to fly from Portland to Pittsburgh! That is highway robbery!

Leave Thurs 6/21, Return Monday 6/25

NW = $362
Delta= $373

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2007, 11:11:22 PM »

As for Anything Goes...

I'm also a fan of the LuPone/McGillin Lincoln Center recording.  However, the 60's revival recording with Hal Linden gets a listen from time to time.

Oh, forgive me for not remembering which DR asked about this the other day...  The original version of Anything Goes is still available for licensing/production, as is the Lincoln Center revival.  However, the rights for the original production cost next to nothing - and after working on a production of the original version, I can see why.  ;)

I just placed an order to BN for the cd...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2007, 11:17:57 PM »

Elmore e-mailed me this picture to resize and post here.  It's a teaser poster for the new "Sweeney Todd" with Johnny Depp:

I am curious to see how he does with this. It is one musical that I greatly enjoy.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #293 on: February 07, 2007, 11:19:05 PM »

Beautiful pictures Laura!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #294 on: February 07, 2007, 11:37:03 PM »

I am curious to see how he does with this. It is one musical that I greatly enjoy.

Have you watched the DVD of the show?

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #295 on: February 07, 2007, 11:40:50 PM »

Have you watched the DVD of the show?

der Brucer

I did not know it had been released on DVD. Thanks for the info!!

I have the or iginal broadway show with Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #296 on: February 07, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

LOST - more action, more drama, more surprises, more gorgeous high definition photography. So glad it's back.

I enjoyed Juliet's backstory very much. Nice to see Robin Weigert, Nestor Carbonell (such magnetic eyes), and Zeljko Ivanek in guest star roles.

I recorded this and will watch it before I go to bed tonight...I must! :) I got home at about 10:00 and watched "Medium."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #297 on: February 07, 2007, 11:54:10 PM »

Anyway, Love...Perfect...Change was very good.  Thoroughly enjoyable.  Not earth-shatteringly profound (and not incredibly necessary for a gay man to see ;)), but the cast of four and orchestra of two were all very good. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #298 on: February 07, 2007, 11:54:26 PM »

So, now I'm going to watch "Lost."  

George

« Reply #299 on: February 07, 2007, 11:55:18 PM »

I will start with the first hour recap and decide if I want/need to watch the whole thing, but I'll definitely watch the 2nd hour.  And so...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up