Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: VALENTINE'S DAY  (Read 33424 times)

Ben

Re:VALENTINE'S DAY
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2007, 05:34:01 AM »

And now let's move on to Page 2 at 8:24am (at least by my computer clock).

Ben

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2007, 05:35:20 AM »

Yes, Ginny, I am spoiled living so close to the office. Every time I get on the subway at rush hour I think how much I would dislike doing that 5 days a week for my entire work life.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2007, 05:37:18 AM »

Thoughts to DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 05:37:46 AM »

Quite a lineup at the Courts Show....

And - you can buy some of Hilary Duff's clothes if you are so inclined!

Michael

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 05:38:45 AM »

Oh my dear Larry.
I am overwhelmed at your posting. You do have saints with Jo Ann and Randy. It cannot be easy doing what they are doing and they will be blessed.

Be brave dear friend.

And I think of one of my favorite Shakespeare lines for your dad.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince,
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!

Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 05:41:22 AM »

February 14!

Miss Karen

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2007, 06:15:54 AM »

Oh my dear Larry.
I am overwhelmed at your posting. You do have saints with Jo Ann and Randy. It cannot be easy doing what they are doing and they will be blessed.

Be brave dear friend.

And I think of one of my favorite Shakespeare lines for your dad.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good night, sweet prince,
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!

Such a nice post --- actually all of you are so sweet to each other (and teasing, and wacky, and clever, and funny, etc.)... I see why DR ELmo so highly recommended this site.  

You are loved DR Elmo!

Miss Karen

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2007, 06:20:16 AM »

And re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

By the end I was completely frustrated.  We've never even seen more than 50% of the final 40. I just hate that.  To me between all the auditions and the hollywood show we should see EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE TOP 40.  At least we will get to see a lot of them tonight. But still. I think it totally sucks.

And while they did follow up on a few audition stories was anybody else slightly confused and frustrated by the last scene with the indian brother and sister. They didn't even show one second of them last night. So how are we going to know if the sister deserved to go home or not???

And then we had to sit through some really horrid performances (that girl who was so obnoxious with the big curly hair - she was the only one in her group to leave after groups). I hated her!

And some of the ones that were so good in the audition rounds (like that girl from NY who lied to her father about auditioning). They cut her without ever showing her in hollywood.

I really don't think they should cut people after one song. They should rate them and then let them sing again. But it would be nice if they showed us all our favorites from the audition shows.

And then they cut so many of the favorites. I loved that country girl baylie brown. Yes she forgot her lyrics. But i totally believe she would have been top 10.

And that bearded guy who was so good at auditions. They never even showed him sing last night.

Then there were many people who were good at auditions who seemingly got through last night (the indian brother, the guy who had a baby). Yet they did not even show them singing one note last night.

I'm really disappointed with them showing weeks and weeks of the crappy auditions and then we get one show for hollywood????

Oh and i totally agree with DR MattH. It is totally unfair that some people have never been seen before. America already has their favorites. And if a contestant has not been shown they will have  a much harder time.

I totally agree with each of your points (but come to think of it, what would I expect from American Idol anyway-- it makes me feel guilty that I get caught up in it -- but at least I'm proud to say I've never voted if that's any form of redemption....)... :-[

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2007, 06:27:45 AM »

OK, I spent yesterday's snow day as a total slug, so today I must do something productive.

Bye for now.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2007, 06:31:19 AM »

Larry, my thoughts are with you.

Miss Karen

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2007, 06:41:46 AM »

oh, and one more thing about American Idol
SPOILER ALERT (although how can you spoil American Idol, it's so rotten...the show you hate to love, what can I say...)

Why even waste the air time on that chick who sang that terrible song (terribly -- once again, Simon was spot on) that she said her mother made her sing?  Hey, it's all about choices, she made a bad one.  Then to let her  -- AND her mom -- come in there to try to let her sing another song.  I ask: Where was security?!  (and then they, and Paula, act like Simon was being rude and unfair.,,give me a break)..

And what's with letting all those folks through that couldn't remember their lyrics?  Thought that was an automatic ticket home... That show is totally rigged and unfair -- but hey, that's life, so that is true reality TV.....

Time to step down off my soapbox -- and stop wasting any more precious time on American Idol....I'm such a sheep -- baaaaa! ::)

Miss Karen

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2007, 06:45:07 AM »

Happy Heart Day to each of you!  :-*

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2007, 06:58:15 AM »

{{{{{Larry}}}}}

I have been on this road before. When it is over he will be at peace.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2007, 07:18:17 AM »

Great big bear hugs for you, Larry.  
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2007, 07:30:44 AM »

(((((Elmo))))) I hold you in my heart, honey.

Bruce, Bert I. Gordon's daughter is in town???
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 07:33:30 AM »

I'm remembering how relieved my mom was, when she realized it would only be a few more days, at most. She finally relaxed. Even the pain didn't bother her so much, when she knew it would soon be over.
PennyO

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2007, 07:40:21 AM »

Good morning!

The rain has played out, and we're left with a glorious but cold February Valentine's Day! For those in love or who have someone special in their lives, I'm happy for them.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2007, 07:42:12 AM »

I totally agree with each of your points (but come to think of it, what would I expect from American Idol anyway-- it makes me feel guilty that I get caught up in it -- but at least I'm proud to say I've never voted if that's any form of redemption....)... :-[

There has never been a season when I didn't vote, and some seasons (like with Clay and last year with Elliott), I voted with a vengeance.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2007, 07:43:00 AM »

Matt - you have US, and you have this glorious day, and I'm happy for YOU!!
PennyO

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2007, 07:45:41 AM »

Dear Elmore:

Your actions should give both your father and you peace. What a kind and loving way to say goodbye. In the years to come, you'll remember that moment, and you'll be so glad you did this. Much love.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2007, 07:46:56 AM »

Matt - you have US, and you have this glorious day, and I'm happy for YOU!!

Dear PennyO, thank you, and believe me, I know that! THat's why I spend so much time here!

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 07:48:36 AM »

DR Elmore..hugs and love to you.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 07:49:18 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »

Valentine's Day chuckle: this made me laugh and I hope it will some others, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2007, 07:51:31 AM »

Oops, I put us a bit into Vistavision, but we're close to the start of another page, so I won't go back and resize.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2007, 07:53:40 AM »

I have a feeling I won't be seeing VERONICA MARS later. The ACC basketball game which preempted it went into overtime last night, so I suspect the scheduled times on the DVR got thrown off.

Thankfully, the CW station here rebroadcasts VERONICA on Saturday night, so I should get to see it then. If I didn't get it, I'll go ahead and set it to pick up the show on Saturday in case I forget to watch it "live."

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »

I will have the two LAW & ORDER shows from last night to watch, and I'm looking forard to them. There is also BOSTON LEGAL.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Valley gets written off the show by the end of the season. I read that he'll be starring in a comedy pilot for another network, and if the show gets picked up, he'll be off BOSTON LEGAL. Of course, I have never felt that they got the most out of him anyway. After seeing him on the brilliant and underrated KEEN EDDIE, he's fully capable of carrying a show on his own.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2007, 07:57:42 AM »

In his post, DR Elmore mentioned:

"Josh Stamberg, whom DR MBarnum and I saw on the street in the Village, was the guest star on a date with Lisa Edelstein."

Thanks for providing his name! I LOVE him! He's also playing Harriet Hayes' love interest on STUDIO 60.

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 07:59:28 AM »

I had the funniest morning.  I had to take my car to the dealership for some recall work and service. One of the big "services" is they have someone drive you back to work and pick you up when your car is ready.

So I got there, it's below zero out and they tell me that I'll have to wait until the driver gets back from wherever he is.  So I have a cup of coffee chat on the phone, wondering aloud if there really is a driver and whether I should just take the day off and go out for breakfast at the truckstop nearby...then an older  gentleman (I found out later he has been retired for a long time) came up and said he was warming up the car for me.  Ok, that's cool

We go outside and there is one of those Scions that looks like a box with wheels.  He says "I've never driven one of these, ma'am, hold on tight" We get in and he's fumbling around. I noticed the gas gauge was on "E".
so I pointed that out and he explained to me how bad it is to leave no gas in a car when it's this cold out, I laughed and said..."well I never do" he smiled as if it just occurred to him that the empty tank wasn't my fault, went back in to get money for gas and we headed off to the gas station.

We get to the gas station and he realizes that he's forgotten his gloves. Finally he gets the car filled with gas and we head out.  His first comment is "You know if we had an accident with that semi over there it would all be over for us"  I cracked up. The car was finally getting warm so we decided that it refused to get warm until someone fed it.  

The rest of the ride was one quip after another.  We laughed and laughed.   I was an hour late for work, but it was a wonderful way to start the day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 08:00:27 AM »

He dropped me off in the alley by the building, lol that was strange, anyway he wished me a Happy Valentine's Day.  I thought that was very sweet
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up