Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: MILK DUDS  (Read 43098 times)

DR Iris

Re:MILK DUDS
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 02:53:27 AM »

Sincere condolences, DR Larry, on the loss of your father.

Ginny

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 02:57:17 AM »

{{{{{{{{Dearest DR Elmore}}}}}}}}

Strength and peace to you and your family.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 04:01:55 AM »

Dear Elmore, my deepest condolences to you.  Stay firm in the face of the MacBeths and do what you know is right and best.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2007, 04:16:39 AM »

Lar, I know you're probably asleep now (7:05am) but my thoughts and wishes are with you.

As Charles just said, do what you know is right and you will be fine.

{{{{{LARRY}}}}}

Ben

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2007, 04:23:28 AM »

first, Fred asked,

"Ben - Why would a summer run for FOLLIES necessarily have to be without Donna Murphy?  Is LOVEMUSIK actually an open-ended run, or just the usual Biltmore Theatre limited run?"

And then Jose mentioned,

"I was trying to figure out that timeline too.  LoveMusik is a limited run, so... Unless that's an indication on how soon prospective producer(s) want to get the production mounted.  Striking while the iron - and buzz - is still hot."

From what I've heard it's Jose's idea that they want to do it as quickly as possible to make sure the buzz doesn't fritter away and that quick would mean trying to do it while Miss Murphy is in LoveMusik.

Although I don't think they could get a full production of Follies mounted in such a short time, that is if you are doing a real full production with sets, costumes, full choreography, etc. But if the Weisslers do it, who knows what will happen. As someone on CastRecl said a couple of days ago, "If the Weisslers do it are we in for such casting as Alan Thicke as Ben Stone?"

I am off to wash my oatmeal bowl.

Later.

Michael

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2007, 04:53:06 AM »

Dearest Larry
Sorry to hear about the passing of your father. Anything I can do for you please let me know.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 04:57:37 AM »

Sending my thoughts and prayers to DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 04:58:17 AM »

Thursday already.

Many of my favorites have been mentioned...and the 70's were disco....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 05:05:18 AM »

Dear Elmore, my deepest condolences to you.  Stay firm in the face of the MacBeths and do what you know is right and best.

Good morning, my dear Mr Pogue and all my other early morning denizens of the greatest site on the internet!  

Thank you all for your well wishes.  I determined to keep this week peaceful and stress-free for my dad, who wanted my brothers and me to stay close after he was gone.  I've already decided that no matter what I do, the Macbeths will most likely consider it the wrong decision, so I can only follow my instincts.  Once we meet with the attorney and the executor's authority is laid on my shoulders, I'm determined to do everything as gracefully and professionally as I possibly can.  

I have not  been to bed: by the time the body was taken away, I figured that I needed to stay awake to deal with the mundane things necessary before the work day is over.  I'll sleep tonight.  Around 6:30 I took a long hot shower and I'm on my 5th cup of coffee.

God bless and keep us all!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 05:06:52 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 05:07:45 AM »

DR Elmore, I am sorry for your loss. He is now at peace.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 05:09:36 AM »

Advice for the funeral home: Decide ahead of time exactly what you want and be united. Funeral directors are about as pushy as car salesmen.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:07 AM »

Advice for all of us: Tell your family what you want now so that when they go to the funeral home to make plans for you, they know what you want. My family has specific instructions.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:35 AM »

(((((Larry)))))

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2007, 05:13:32 AM »

Favorite songs of the 70s:
  I CAN"T THINK OF A SINGLE ONE!  DAMN!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2007, 05:15:10 AM »

Favorite songs of the 70s:
  I CAN"T THINK OF A SINGLE ONE!  DAMN!

I think I'm with you on that one.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2007, 05:26:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: ENSORCELLING!
Clint, the square-jawed movie hero, raises his gun with the LONG SILENCER and, taking aim at the evil CLONE, LINGERS for a few seconds, ENSORCELLING the audience into wondering not whether he will fire, but when.

The music, of course, is playing loudly at this moment, rather than suspensefully silent.  I, myself, wonder how loud the gunshot will have to be, to be heard at all.  I should have brought earplugs.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 05:26:57 AM »

Off to work.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2007, 05:32:56 AM »

Blessings on you, dear Larry.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2007, 05:33:34 AM »

Advice for all of us: Tell your family what you want now so that when they go to the funeral home to make plans for you, they know what you want. My family has specific instructions.

Laura, Good Advice! As morbid as it may sound to some, I have specific instructions which I have given to my 4 sisters and two brothers. If they lost the information, I have it printed out in a clearly labeled file and Anthony has a copy as well. A time like this is tense enough without wondering what should be done.

Larry, I hope you get a low-key FD. We were very lucky with both my parents. My mother's death was unexpected but the funeral director was kind and helpful and encouraged us to make our own decisions. Since my father knew the end was coming he walked over to the funeral home two blocks from his house and made preparations. We went over after his death and it was a simple, low-key procedure with no added stress. The only thing I found annoying was that my father wanted to be cremated. We had an open casket and we had to rent one for the viewing  :o

Lar, knowing that your father's suffering is over, I wish for you to have as calm and serene day as possible in spite of the circumstances.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2007, 05:37:09 AM »

Re TOD -

Here's the one thing I have to complain about, about my work environment.

I CANNOT STAND MUZAK!

Yes, I understand it's function, to keep silence at bay, to make the shopping environment less sterile and more pleasant to be in.

The problem, for me, is that I'm hearing the danged stuff the entire time I'm at work.  And there's only so many tunes that get played.  So the repetition of the songs gets predictable.

The net result is that, when I get home, I really don't want to listen to any music at all.  I'm sick of it.

Bleh.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2007, 05:44:23 AM »

When my mother passed away a few years ago, my sister and I compared notes on what Mom had told us. We agreed on everything. The funeral director didn't have a chance. Some of the things he tried to sell us were appalling.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2007, 05:48:33 AM »

Today is supposed to be warm and sunny, as opposed to yesterday, which was gray and drippy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2007, 05:59:12 AM »

DR Larry, your dad is at peace now.  You and your brother and sister-in-law helped him let go and set him off on his new journey with love and grace.  He couldn't have needed more.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 06:05:25 AM »

Vibes for DR Elmore and his family. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry for your loss.  Hopefully your brother and sister-in-law's behavior will improve drastically!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 06:11:55 AM »

My appointment with the funeral home director is at 10 AM.  I'm going with my two brothers, and I know everything will go our way simply because I can't imagine Macbeth letting anyone get too much of his inheritance.

Jo Ann and I were looking for a shirt and tie to go with his suit, and we found a shirt-tie set I had bought him for Christmas about 5 years ago, still in its Macy's box.  He preferred to dress very casually, and sometime after that Christmas, he told me all he really needed was boxer shorts and socks.  So every Christmas I'd send him 7 pairs of socks and seven pairs of flamboyantly-printed boxers from Philene's basement.  I may send DR Cason the ones with the hearts for Valentine's Day and the snowflakes and holly berries for Christmas appearances.

We're very happy with the shirt and tie.  Excellent!

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 06:24:13 AM »

At some point, DR Elmore, I hope you're able to get some rest.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 06:26:40 AM »

Thursday, back-to-work-after-the-snowstorm greetings!  My drive in wasn't too bad, but the walk from my parking space (about a block and a half) was awful.  I was supposed to walk on to the YWCA for a meeting, but I phoned in my treasurer's report and will stay here at my desk until 4pm (unless I'm needed for information-waitressing in others' absences).

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 06:30:08 AM »

Lots of sunshine here in Delaware.  I should have a nice walk in to work today.

FJL

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 06:49:23 AM »

Much love to Larry from both of us.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 07:08:05 AM »

My heart goes out to you, DR ELMORE. Yes, your father is at peace now and you did all you could--indeed, all that could be done--to make his passing as gentle and comfortable as possible. I wish you strength and courage to get through these difficult days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up