Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: MILK DUDS  (Read 43094 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re:MILK DUDS
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2007, 07:09:01 AM »

As for the defective teats, is it any wonder? Their NIPPLES WERE FROZEN!

FJL

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2007, 07:17:41 AM »

Ben - regarding FOLLIES:

I'd bet that if they do just a one-month or two-month summer run, they'd be able to "get away with" (I seriously say that with no real value judgment) simply calling it the acclaimed Encores Follies concert (or something similar) and essentially put out there what they had on that City Center stage, perhaps minus the books in hand, making it a "special event" rather than a full production.  But of course, if they want it to be considered a full-fledged revival, they probably couldn't do that.  Still, remounting the concert for a month or two could also be a way of evaluating what the market might be for a full revival.  And importantly, as long as they didn't mislead the audience as to what they were going to get, I think more people would be happy to have the opportunity to see what actually got those great reviews.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2007, 07:36:23 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

We got there and then some!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2007, 07:39:19 AM »

Good morning!

A beautiful, bright, and chilly morning here; exactly what a February morning should be.

Matt H.

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2007, 07:40:59 AM »

Much love and good wishes to DR Elmore on his loss. He is at peace, and I hope you and your family find solace in that. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2007, 07:41:56 AM »

DR Dan (the Man):

Yes, we did hear Desmond's climactic utterance endlessly in LOST promos, but I certainly didn't know whom it was directed at, and that's what stunned me.

Matt H.

« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2007, 07:45:58 AM »

Good wishes to DR Ron Pulliam on his plasma set-up today. Let me know if I can be of help.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2007, 07:47:06 AM »

Keeping my fingers crossed that A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM will arrive today (along with some Blu-ray discs).

I'm also expecting Criterion's new transfer of BICYCLE THIEVES in the next day or two.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »

And, of course, any full night of new TV episodes for all of our favorites. Looking very forward to see what next for UGLY BETTY, GREY'S ANATOMY, CSI, SMALLVILLE, and many others.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2007, 07:50:19 AM »

Some of the things he tried to sell us were appalling.

Which is why we have pall-bearers.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2007, 07:54:16 AM »

Good morning!

A beautiful, bright, and chilly morning here; exactly what a February morning should be.

Well, Tomovoz might disagree :D

der Brucer

Ain't International sites fun!

Ben

« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »

Ben - regarding FOLLIES:

I'd bet that if they do just a one-month or two-month summer run, they'd be able to "get away with" (I seriously say that with no real value judgment) simply calling it the acclaimed Encores Follies concert (or something similar) and essentially put out there what they had on that City Center stage, perhaps minus the books in hand, making it a "special event" rather than a full production.  But of course, if they want it to be considered a full-fledged revival, they probably couldn't do that.  Still, remounting the concert for a month or two could also be a way of evaluating what the market might be for a full revival.  And importantly, as long as they didn't mislead the audience as to what they were going to get, I think more people would be happy to have the opportunity to see what actually got those great reviews.

You're right! I never thought of re-mounting the concert as a special event. I know I would pay to see it again that way and using it to evaluate what might fly as a full production is also smart. If I won the lottery I would hire you to be my tax man  ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »

Best songs of the 1970s:

My two favorite Broadway scores of all time - FOLLIES and SWEENEY TODD - were written during this decade, so of course I'd have to list them. But I love so many of the Broadway scores of that decade: PIPPIN, CHICAGO, A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC, SHENANDOAH, THEY'RE PLAYING OUR SONG, ANNIE.

And great movie music of the era, too: the entire scores to SCROOGE, DARLING LILI, THE LITTLE PRINCE, FUNNY LADY, NASHVILLE, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, and then songs like "Last Dance," "The Way We Were," "The Woman in the Moon," "Evergreen,"  "Candle in the Water," "Nobody Does It Better," Sandy," "Hopelessly Devoted to You," "You're the One That I Want," "Stayin' Alive," "The Rainbow Connection."

It's a GREAT decade.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »

For my dear friend Elmore3003.

Miss Karen

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2007, 08:06:21 AM »

In the Irish tradition, let the celebration of the life of William Edgar Moore begin...

Hoist that pint of Quinness (or margarita on the rocks with salt..cup of coffee, tea, or beverage of choice) and toast the passing of the man who brought us DR William Lar

To William Edgar Moore!

Slainte!
Slainte!

Matt H.

« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »

Heading down now to get cleaned up for my lunch out with friends.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:03 AM »

Good Morning!

Larry - My best to you and your family.  May the coming days be filled with fond remembrances and level heads.

*And be sure to take care of yourself too.  After you're done running around today, be sure to get a good night's sleep.

Make Your Own Luck.

Miss Karen

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2007, 08:15:17 AM »

Speculations on this round are endless, but my initial impulse is that it's over the fact that I am the executor and that he isn't.  He's already let me know I don't deserve an inheritance, so I'm sure this latest turn of events has him and Lady M a bit miffed.

DR ELmo ~ There's a reason your dad selected you to be the executor and not him...William Edgar trusted that William Lar will do the right thing...so peace, strength, and the knowledge that your dad is your corner as you face the tasks ahead..

DERBRUCER

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2007, 08:16:25 AM »

Advice for all of us: Tell your family what you want now so that when they go to the funeral home to make plans for you, they know what you want. My family has specific instructions.

I was most fortunate. When my Mom died, my Father went to the Funeral home and signed the basic necessary paperwork, and then sent me to go over and arrange all the details.

Mom had been pretty clear on a few things: no viewing and a desire to be buried in her nightgown (all verbally expressed). Pop washed her favorite nightgown and I took those and her bathrobe and slippers to the Funeral home.

The catty relatives almost had collective coronaries when then learned what I had done :D

They also were chagrined that I served alcohol at the post-funeral reception - they said I was "disrespecting" my Mother's memory. If Mom thought I had invited guests and NOT provided generous libations, she would have returned, nightgown and all, and given me what-for.

Arranging Pop's funeral was a slightly different scenario - I had to "pauperize" him for Medicaid - and the system allowed me to buy a $8,000 pre-arranged burial contract. So the Funeral Director was aware that he would have $8,000 - no a penny more (but not a cent less). He helpfully pointed out that we were allowed to allocate funds for the post Funeral reception - that got us a nice sit-down with open-bar at his favorite local restaurant.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2007, 08:19:03 AM »

Found in Edisaurus' shopping cart:

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2007, 08:25:16 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I LOVED listening to the radio in the 70s.   I would give my Radio Shack radio/cassette player quite the workout taping songs off the air.  And I tended to gravitate toward some of the more "saccharine" selections at times.  So... Off the top of my head...

The soundtracks to "Saturday Night Fever" and "Grease".
-Live and Let Die - and a couple of other Wings' songs
-Jump, Shout Boogie; Weekend in New England; This One's for You - and other Manilow hits and near hits
-Love Will Keep Us Together, Shop Around, Muskrat Love - Love me some Captain & Tenille!

And lots, lots more... When pop was pop.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2007, 08:25:19 AM »

PROBLEMS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
AFTER YOU DIE:   

and

EEK - God Loves Disco!

der Brucer

Miss Karen

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »

Jo Ann and I were looking for a shirt and tie to go with his suit, and we found a shirt-tie set I had bought him for Christmas about 5 years ago, still in its Macy's box.  He preferred to dress very casually, and sometime after that Christmas, he told me all he really needed was boxer shorts and socks.  So every Christmas I'd send him 7 pairs of socks and seven pairs of flamboyantly-printed boxers from Philene's basement.  I may send DR Cason the ones with the hearts for Valentine's Day and the snowflakes and holly berries for Christmas appearances.

DR ELmo ~ Your story made me smile...I bet Case would be honored, they could go in the ol' costume chest, he may want to woo Heather some holiday ...Wouldn't happen to have any with Shamrocks, now would ye?...

Miss Karen

« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »

[quote author=DERBRUCER link=board=4;threadid=1295;start=msg274552#msg274552 Mom had been pretty clear on a few things: no viewing and a desire to be buried in her nightgown (all verbally expressed).
They also were chagrined that I served alcohol at the post-funeral reception - they said I was "disrespecting" my Mother's memory. If Mom thought I had invited guests and NOT provided generous libations, she would have returned, nightgown and all, and given me what-for.

Was your mother Irish?

(if not, she's an honorary one now...)

Miss Karen

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2007, 08:34:13 AM »

der Webster ~ Regarding your Post #8 Today

If (and I stress if, being the little Dickens I am) and when I arrive there, if they are out of Harps, then I sure hope there's a good supply of Guinness -- actually margaritas on the rocks with salt...otherwise I may have to pass

Miss Karen

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

As for the defective teats, is it any wonder? Their NIPPLES WERE FROZEN!

Ha-ha-ha ~ you HHWers crack me up --- as our Grand  Poo-Paw would say, where else on the net would you find folks discussing defective teats, frozen nipples, and... etc. etc etc... :o..... :)

Miss Karen

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2007, 08:42:30 AM »

Whelp, that's enough of my efforts to get us to page 4...

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2007, 08:44:52 AM »

TOD:
SECOND AVENUE as sung by Guy Haines
I'M STILL HERE
AMERICAN PIE
DANIEL

Favorite disco:
BEING ALIVE
(Was never a big disco fan)

I'm sure there are others.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2007, 08:47:42 AM »

Dear larry, my heart is with you today. Remember to breathe, sweet friend.

After my mother had to deal with all the difficult arrangements for her parents' funerals, she went to the cemetary and bought plots for herself and my dad, selected and purchased coffins, and made the legal arrangements for everything. Fifteen years later, when we buried both of them in less than a week, we had none of that to deal with. And, in their honor, we served LOTS of booze at the house after each funeral. And told funny stories about their lives. And had many wonderful pitures around the house, of them at their very best together, through the long years.

Larry, long and happy remembrance.
PennyO

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2007, 08:48:36 AM »

Um, make that "Pictures". Sheesh.
PennyO
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up