Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY WORDS  (Read 62880 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:TOO MANY WORDS
« Reply #390 on: March 06, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »

I hope you will need that paralegal very quickly.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »

I have beets roasting merrily in the oven.  When they're ready, I'll poach a couple of chicken breasts, and then use the poaching liquid to hydrate the tri-color couscous and then use some of the juice from the beets to add just a little more color to the couscous.  It should be a very pretty plate.  

Actually, two plates, one for each of us.   ::)

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »

I hope you will need that paralegal very quickly.

Thanks!  And congrats on Craig coming home early.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #393 on: March 06, 2007, 05:28:01 PM »

And the temperature outside has been quite chilly all day today.  A couple of days ago, it was quite spring-like, now we're dipping back into winter.

And snow is predicted for tomorrow.  I certainly hope so - usually, one of the other cashiers calls out, and I get called in, and I can use the extra income.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #394 on: March 06, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »

That reminds me, it sounds like the nice weather in NYC got on the plane and left with me....sorry ;)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 05:29:33 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #395 on: March 06, 2007, 05:30:15 PM »

I need to go find something to medicate myself.

Jane

« Reply #396 on: March 06, 2007, 05:35:55 PM »

Thanks Cilla.  Craig might be back in this country, but he will still be a long way off from us & will be very busy studying.  I’m ready to meet him at the plane when he arrives, Keith is rolling his eyes saying Craig might want to do this on his own.

Feel better.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #397 on: March 06, 2007, 05:38:39 PM »

Excuse me.  I asked you to sign mine.  I will forgive you since you have had more important things on your mind lately.  :)

Really?  Spoo!

What do I know?  I'm still in mourning.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #398 on: March 06, 2007, 05:39:11 PM »

That reminds me, it sounds like the nice weather in NYC got on the plane and left with me....sorry ;)

I blame Jose.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #399 on: March 06, 2007, 05:39:35 PM »

DR Cillaliz, if that house had vinyl siding, that can be extremely irritating (and not just aesthetically!). I hope you feel better soon!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #400 on: March 06, 2007, 05:46:25 PM »

DR Jose, I'm sure you will be busy socializing Thursday night, but if not, how would you like to end up in The Graveyard?

We have a lot of puppeteer friends (Greg worked on several TV series involving puppets) and every few months or so we get together for "puppet beer night". (Some of the puppeteers may be presenting at the conference, too.) The husband of one of the puppeteers had always dreamed of opening his own restaurant/bar (he's a wonderful cook) and has now done it. We have friends who live near there  and they all love The Graveyard. We'd love to have you join us there, if you like. We're meeting at 8, and I could always break away and pick you up. It's not to far from where you are, but not in a walking sort of way...

http://www.graveyardtavern.com/welcome.html

Do put us on your dance card as a fall back!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #401 on: March 06, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »

Thanks Cilla.  Craig might be back in this country, but he will still be a long way off from us & will be very busy studying.  I’m ready to meet him at the plane when he arrives, Keith is rolling his eyes saying Craig might want to do this on his own.

Jane, that's great news about Craig! I hope the whole posse will be together soon. (Especially the kitty!)  ;D

Jane

« Reply #402 on: March 06, 2007, 05:48:01 PM »

DRelmore, I know.  And I asked you so long ago.

Edisaurus

« Reply #403 on: March 06, 2007, 05:49:29 PM »

use some of the juice from the beets to add just a little more color to the couscous.  It should be a very pretty plate.  

That sounds pretty wonderful...and I HATE beets! (I think they taste like dirt.)

Edisaurus

« Reply #404 on: March 06, 2007, 05:50:48 PM »

I blame Jose.

Jose is smart enough to migrate South for warmer (sorta) weather and sunny blue skies!

Jane

« Reply #405 on: March 06, 2007, 05:51:13 PM »

Edi-lol.  Kitty will miss Craig if she is left behind.  The pets are really his more than the girlfriend's, even though the girlfriend rescued Kitty (the nickname that stuck-easier to say than her original Romanian name).  The dog they found on their doorstep but he is too much for her to handle.  

Edisaurus

« Reply #406 on: March 06, 2007, 05:52:31 PM »

I think I have a copy of TEETH around here

Have you checked the glass on your nightstand?

Edisaurus

« Reply #407 on: March 06, 2007, 05:54:37 PM »

My Brain wasn't signed by anybody! And only DR Ginny asked me to sign hers.

Will you sign my copy when I'm in NY?

Edisaurus

« Reply #408 on: March 06, 2007, 05:56:20 PM »

Edi-lol.  Kitty will miss Craig if she is left behind.  The pets are really his more than the girlfriend's, even though the girlfriend rescued Kitty (the nickname that stuck-easier to say than her original Romanian name).

Maybe she was named after Kitty on THE CLOSER. Who knew that they would have TNT in Romania? (The network that is...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #409 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:48 PM »

Car troubles are for the birds.  If you buy a PT Cruiser, expect to have to replace the wheel bearings within the first 18 months.  Under warranty, but still irritating.

I almost bought one when they first came out but then my practical side won out and I got another Corolla. My previous one is 17 years old and still has the original clutch! (Maybe I should have used it?) :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #410 on: March 06, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »

DR Cillaliz, if that house had vinyl siding, that can be extremely irritating (and not just aesthetically!). I hope you feel better soon!

Nah, it was an old house. It was an attic fire, so who knows what was up there.  There is also the possibility that I caught a cold on my trip. I didn't sleep that well. I'm used to silence when I sleep. I turned on the fan in the room for white noise, but I woke up several times during the night every night.  I'll be fine, I'm just whining

Edisaurus

« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2007, 05:59:38 PM »

By today I mean your tomorrow.  My tomorrow is the birthday of Mickey Dolenz.

Happy Birthday to Mickey, my favorite Monkee! (in my youth...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »

I'm used to silence when I sleep.

When I am at the Edison, I usually sleep with the windows open because I hate stuffy rooms. I wonder if that no honking ordinance has helped quiet things down? I remember working in an editing room at Times Square (above Sbarro) and every afternoon around 5, horns would be blaring for hours. What's the point? Nobody's going anywhere!

Cillaliz

« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2007, 06:02:43 PM »

Ok, off to find medication and then do research for BK before he gets home....

Edisaurus

« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2007, 06:06:02 PM »

Another option to explore would be to see if there is a melodic/mallet percussion book/part as part of the set and teaching materials.  Yes, it would mean that the student would be playing a single line (from a glockenspiel, xylophone, marimba, and/or bell part), but that part could also be played in octaves by both hands. And if the school happened to have a keyboard/synth, and no mallet percussion instruments, well, then the parts could be played on the electronic keyboard, and sound - almost sound - like the real thing.

*And if the student needed some additional practice reading and playing bass clef, there's also the possibility of doubling the bass parts on the piano too.

Both great ideas!

I wanted to be in marching band, but that's hard with a piano, so I learned how to play the bells. It's a pretty easy transition, but still, if you can't play in the house...

The lads' parents sound so selfish! They are sure lucky to at least have a Grandpa to treat them so well!

Edisaurus

« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »

I once ate an entire Carnegie Melon.  It was very sweet, but it, also, made me think.!

LOL, TCB!  :D

Jane

« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »

Edi-Originally her name was Dr. Tsutsu and Miss Pooh to reflect her Dr Jeckel & Mr Hyde personality.  Her nickname was Kitkat until his girlfriend tasted a kitkat and didn’t care for it.  Now she is just Kitty.  I don’t remember what tsutsu means in Romanian.  Maybe you can ask your hairdresser.

Edisaurus

« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2007, 06:10:22 PM »

So far it will be just me, Laurie Mitchell, and Traci Lords.

I worked on a movie with Traci Lords. She was a trip! You should ask her about how she liked making FAST FOOD in Georgia. (The movie, that is...)

Edisaurus

« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2007, 06:11:33 PM »

So far it will be just me, Laurie Mitchell, and Traci Lords.

Kinky! ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #419 on: March 06, 2007, 06:14:14 PM »

DR Jane - Congrats to Craig!  Any chance he could bring over that hairdresser with him?  ;)

DR Jose---you can just visit Marius at his salon when you're in Atlanta.

P.S. He's VERY cute!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23   Go Up