Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MANY WORDS  (Read 64202 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:TOO MANY WORDS
« Reply #480 on: March 06, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »

And believe it or not he's straight and single.

Maybe he's been waiting...for you! :)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #481 on: March 06, 2007, 08:36:47 PM »

Oh, I start the day there quite often...I wasn't just talking about having coffee being nice.

Cillaliz

« Reply #482 on: March 06, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »

Well the same days I was in New York he was in New Orleans. We both went somewhere "new" during the blizzard here

Edisaurus

« Reply #483 on: March 06, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »

I am so entertained by watching the cats fight over the heater. One will be there and then another will come up and be very friendly, lick the other cat and then try to curl up with it, while at the same time shoving it out of the way. They all do this and sometimes it will end up in a fight, but usually it will just be a big pile o' cats.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #484 on: March 06, 2007, 08:40:36 PM »

Damn!  I forgot all about HOUSE tonight!  I wanted to see it 'cause Dave Matthews was guest starring.  I'll have to wait for the rerun.

It was one of my favorite episodes of the season, and who knew that Dave Matthews had that kind of performance in him! I was VERY impressed! Great show tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #485 on: March 06, 2007, 08:41:50 PM »

Well the same days I was in New York he was in New Orleans. We both went somewhere "new" during the blizzard here

DH just got a call to work on New Orleans and in Mississippi at the end of the week. Wish I could go, and see if my old house made it through the hurricanes.

Edisaurus

« Reply #486 on: March 06, 2007, 08:43:34 PM »

Well, I'd better get my beauty sleep---an important celebrity is visiting Atlanta tomorrow!

Edisaurus

« Reply #487 on: March 06, 2007, 08:44:16 PM »

Maybe I had better check the mega millions. Maybe I don't need to set my alarm!

Matt H.

« Reply #488 on: March 06, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »

I finished up PETER PAN when I went downstairs. Nope, I really think the quality of the 2002 DVD will suit me just fine until Disney sees fit to release a high definition version of it (which may be many years down the line).

All of the reviewers have raved about the quality of the new release, how it's a giant step up from the Special Edition that I have, and it may look a bit sharper and smoother since it's a two disc set, and the first disc has the film and a commentary on it, and that's all, so all the space available can be given over to the high bit rates for the DVD transfer. From the screen grabs I've seen on various sites where the two are compared, it looks like Disney has toned the color down just a touch.

But I've already bought PETER PAN on VHS, laserdisc, and now DVD in 2002. I may buy it one more time, but it won't be another standard definition DVD.

FJL

« Reply #489 on: March 06, 2007, 08:45:22 PM »

Safe travel vibes to Jose!

Matt H.

« Reply #490 on: March 06, 2007, 08:46:45 PM »

I put in THE MUSIC MAN to take me up to prime time TV. I hadn't seen the DVD in a couple of years, and it definitely needs a newly remastered edition. Some of it looks great, but some scenes look just a bit washed out.

I read that Warner is planning a Blu-ray version of the film for either late this year or next year, so I'll be happy to upgrade to that.

Matt H.

« Reply #491 on: March 06, 2007, 08:51:40 PM »

The men had another off night for me tonight on IDOL. I wasn't blown away with anyone's performance, and even the couple of above average renditions tonight - Chris S. and Blake - didn't match what they've done earlier.

Sanjaya was horrible again, Sundance was way below last week, Chris Richardson whined his song, and Phil sounded under the weather, barely hitting high notes that he's hit with ease on other nights.

Since it looks like the preteen crowd is going to keep Sanjaya going into the finals, I think Phil may be in trouble. I think either Jared or Brandon will definitely be going home, and Phil may join one of them.

Cillaliz

« Reply #492 on: March 06, 2007, 08:52:16 PM »

Funny cat photo, Edi!  My two are on blankets on the couch.  None of this floor stuff for the princesses, lol

Edisaurus

« Reply #493 on: March 06, 2007, 08:54:17 PM »

Funny cat photo, Edi!  My two are on blankets on the couch.  None of this floor stuff for the princesses, lol

The heater is the warmest spot in the house, so it's a natural, at least until we go to bed, that is, and then we always have two that race us to the bed.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 08:54:48 PM by Edisaurus »

Matt H.

« Reply #494 on: March 06, 2007, 08:54:51 PM »

Believe me when I say that I'm no prude AT ALL, but I was rather appalled by tonight's episode of DIRT. The profanity was rougher than anything I've ever heard on basic cable, and the nudity and sexuality were very graphic and there was a lot of it.

I am really surprised there hasn't been more outcry about this show, although maybe there has been, and I just haven't been reading about it. Until tonight, the show was pretty racy, but that's typical for FX's dramas. TOnight seemed to really cross the line. I'll be interested to see if there is any fallout over it.

Matt H.

« Reply #495 on: March 06, 2007, 08:57:01 PM »

DUring the commercials of HOUSE and DIRT, I flipped over to TNT-HD and saw that they were showing the pilot and second episode of THE CLOSER tonight. Reminded me that I haven't watched either episode in a fairly long time, but I had forgotten how much Brenda had to fight to get her squad's respect and even their attention.

Matt H.

« Reply #496 on: March 06, 2007, 08:59:41 PM »

THis morning, I had the DVR record Gene Kelly's INVITATION TO THE DANCE. I have seen the entire film once a long time ago. The GENE KELLY COLLECTION laserdisc offered the first and third parts of the film, but now I should be able to burn a decent DVD-R of it since I doubt there's going to be any hurry to get it out on DVD. That is, I'll burn one if the print they showed this morning is any good. I didn't screen it to see what the quality was.

Edisaurus

« Reply #497 on: March 06, 2007, 08:59:54 PM »

I put in THE MUSIC MAN to take me up to prime time TV. I hadn't seen the DVD in a couple of years, and it definitely needs a newly remastered edition. Some of it looks great, but some scenes look just a bit washed out.

But did you watch the documentary?  ;D

Edisaurus

« Reply #498 on: March 06, 2007, 09:00:38 PM »

OK...'night all!

Matt H.

« Reply #499 on: March 06, 2007, 09:01:13 PM »

DUring the early morning hours, the DVR is going to capture the HBO-HD telecast of SYRIANA. I didn't see the movie in the theater or on DVD yet, so this will be my first experience with it. I know it's pretty heavy going and requires full attention, so I may watch it tomorrow afternoon after lunch is cooked and eaten so I won't be distracted.

Matt H.

« Reply #500 on: March 06, 2007, 09:03:15 PM »

But did you watch the documentary?  ;D

Not this time; I haven't finished the film yet. I only got to "Marian the Librarian."

A local group is doing THE MUSIC MAN in the fall, and I wanted to check to make sure I could hit the bass part of the barbershop numbers. That's the role I'll go after.

"Ice cream - but I don't sing if that's what you mean."  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #501 on: March 06, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm packed. I'm tired. I've set my alarms. I'm heading to bed.

-But it was a good day!  :)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #502 on: March 06, 2007, 09:09:04 PM »

I agree Edi, perhaps is the person for her!

I will be tormenting mine for a bit after work
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #503 on: March 06, 2007, 09:10:39 PM »

I am so entertained by watching the cats fight over the heater. One will be there and then another will come up and be very friendly, lick the other cat and then try to curl up with it, while at the same time shoving it out of the way. They all do this and sometimes it will end up in a fight, but usually it will just be a big pile o' cats.

Edi, they all look so sweet. The black and white one is really curled up in his nest.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #504 on: March 06, 2007, 09:12:36 PM »

Waht is funny my parents dog is the same way when one readies for bed, It will race and hop on to the bed and pick out her spot.. She is a very spoiled toy poodle.

MBarnum

« Reply #505 on: March 06, 2007, 09:19:48 PM »

Ahem... <cough, cough>...

-Just ask DR MBarnum.  ;)

Yes, DR Jose has more hands then an octopus...oh, and if you find him looking for change in your pants pocket, while you are still wearing them.... well, why in the world would someone need change for the parking meter when he is on foot!

MBarnum

« Reply #506 on: March 06, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »

Edisaurus, if I ever get to Atlanta I want to meet the puppeteers! Ever since I was a kid I have loved puppets...both hand puppets and marionettes.

Matt H.

« Reply #507 on: March 06, 2007, 09:31:10 PM »

Well past midnight, and I'm off to bed.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #508 on: March 06, 2007, 09:45:49 PM »

But we're so close to page 18

FJL

« Reply #509 on: March 06, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »

It's almost in view
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23   Go Up