Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY  (Read 45481 times)

FJL

Re:THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY
« Reply #420 on: March 09, 2007, 08:58:58 PM »

The musical HAROLD AND MAUDE played at the Paper Mill Playhouse a few years ago.  Following is a really good review form the critic over at Talkin' Broadway.  

http://www.talkinbroadway.com/regional/nj/nj78.html

Unfortunately, the Paper Mill Playhouse also invited the New York Times second-string critic to a fairly early performance of the show, and he did not give it a good review, basically hurting interest in the show for New York.  

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #421 on: March 09, 2007, 08:59:43 PM »

Today, I told a misbehaving five-year-old that if he didn't behave, I would sit on him. He behaved.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »

Dominick said the A-word today, and I have it on pretty good authority that he said the S-word yesterday. I told him that if he said either of those words again, he would be in VERY BIG TROUBLE. I just don't know what said VERY BIG TROUBLE should be. Obviously, I'm not going to hit him or anything like that, but I think this deserves something a little more drastic than the usual Time Out.

Any suggestions?

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

Well, the last time someone told me that I would be in a %&)$load of trouble .....
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2007, 09:08:16 PM »

I didn't edit that one---I did "Oat Cuisene", "Celebrity Roast" and the Halloween one about Jello (can't remember the name.)
"Deep Space Slime."

Since Alton didn't credit any of his crew back then, (maybe he still doesn't?) it's hard to know who worked on what.
Still doesn't.  Tacky of him.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »

DR MattH is a teacher. Maybe he can suggest some VERY BIG TROUBLE.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2007, 09:13:18 PM »

DR MattH is a teacher. Maybe he can suggest some VERY BIG TROUBLE.

How about no TV for a week? Oh, wait! That would be punishment for me! Forget about it!   ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2007, 09:13:35 PM »

And I'm heading to bed now.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #428 on: March 09, 2007, 09:26:14 PM »

MattH beat me to the punch.  Now the punch is all gone and I'll have to be content with a Snapple.
A case of Snapple weighs a little over nineteen pounds.

No, seriously.

We're having a sale on Snapple this week, and some of our older shoppers are having trouble lifting the cases out of their carts.  I try to tell them to leave the cases in their carts, since I have a hand scanner I can use on the bar code (so conveniently located on the bottom of the case, of course), but some of these elderly shoppers are also hard of hearing.   :-\

Anyway, I put one of the cases on my scale (normally used for weighing fruits and veggies), and sure enough, they weigh more than nineteen pounds.

This is not a convenience product for the less physically able of our society.   :P
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:27:42 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #429 on: March 09, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »

Today, I told a misbehaving five-year-old that if he didn't behave, I would sit on him. He behaved.
Lap dancing?  At such a tender age?

:o

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #430 on: March 09, 2007, 09:33:01 PM »

...I'd have say that THE most memorable audition so far was one young woman's rendition of "Adelaide's Lament" from Guys and Dolls.  She somehow had the ability to change keys with each note she sang, and sometimes she even changed keys while holding a note.  Now that's talent!  ;D

Send that girl to the next round of AI.

No, wait, she might actually win.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #431 on: March 09, 2007, 09:41:05 PM »

So I am at home.  I must feed the cats and find some cold medicine.
Not too cold, I trust.  I understand they work better at room temperature.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #432 on: March 09, 2007, 10:34:20 PM »

So...

Who wants pudding?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #433 on: March 09, 2007, 11:38:09 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely visit with dear reader Rodzinski.  I took my research assistant, Miss Patti, along for the ride.  We went to Marie Callender's.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #434 on: March 10, 2007, 12:18:41 AM »

We recently discovered a funny show on BBC, WHO’S LINE IS IT ANYWAY?   I’m not sure but it seems TIVO records several half hour episodes a day. The advantages of watching a show long past its original airdate, you get to watch an episode or two a night.  

There was  an American version with Drew Carey which I don’t remember, nor have I seen it.  Has anyone seen either version?

I love this show!!  I enjoy the American version more because I discovered it first and because the British have a slightly different sense of "humour." ;) I taped maybe 15 or so 6-hour tapes of this!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up