Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MIDNIGHT HOUR  (Read 57264 times)

Ginny

Re:THE MIDNIGHT HOUR
« Reply #300 on: March 23, 2007, 05:23:43 PM »

Just returned from the fish fry for which I contributed the pecan pie.  The way it works is:  you pay and go through the line for your dinner (2 kinds of fish, mac & cheese, green beans, french fries, hushpuppies, and the best cole slaw I've ever tasted) and dessert is at the end, $1 extra for a piece of pie or cake.  Richard and I got our dinner and I glanced at the dessert table where my 6 slices of pecan pie had joined all the other items.  By the time we finished our meal and returned to select our dessert (which I brought home for later), all the pecan pie was GONE!  Richard selected banana creme and I chose turtle.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Miss Karen

« Reply #301 on: March 23, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »

Oh look, DR Jorge has joined us.  The last time I saw you, you were a little sleeping gnome under the hypnotic bk trance...glad you're back...and still in your glasses and red hat (it must be glued on cause it didn't move all night, not even when you fell asleep)...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:29:34 PM by Miss Karen »

Ginny

« Reply #302 on: March 23, 2007, 05:25:08 PM »

Welcome to page 11!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #303 on: March 23, 2007, 05:25:53 PM »

DR Cason - fingers & toes crossed for those Full Monty folks to make a decision in your favor!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #304 on: March 23, 2007, 05:34:23 PM »

Oh look, DR Jorge has joined us.  The last time I saw you, you were a little sleeping gnome under the hypnotic bk trance...glad you're back...and still in your glasses and red hat (it must be glued on cause it didn't move all night, not even when you fell asleep)...

Joined you?  I never left!  I've been logged in all day...as I always am. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Miss Karen

« Reply #305 on: March 23, 2007, 05:38:46 PM »

Joined you?  I never left!  I've been logged in all day...as I always am. ::)

;)

Well, as we learned the other AM, you can be logged in, but not necessarily "with us," so don't you roll your eyes icon at me .... :)

Miss Karen

« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2007, 05:49:02 PM »

Richard selected banana creme and I chose turtle.

hmmmm banana cream pie...hmmmmmm

Now, I'm gonna want banana cream pie (with LOTS of whipped cream). Where's a House of Pies when you need one....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2007, 05:51:30 PM »

Vibage for Sherlock

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2007, 05:55:53 PM »

Strange day at work today, with a leak coming from one of the freezer units, resulting in a puddle that stretched under the shelves to two aisled over.

And Cashier Laurie somehow jammed one of the coupon printers (but we're blaming assistant manager Robert - it's kinda like blaming Jose).

And there was a backlog at the deli department, resulting in a customer (male) having a supermarket version of road rage meltdown.  Chill, dude, sheesh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »

And what is it about frozen pizza, that when a customer is buying a frozen pizza there is this irresistable urge to put something else on top of the pizza box while it's on the belt before I can scan it at the register?

Laurie has noticed this happens, too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 06:01:47 PM by S. Woody White »

Ginny

« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »

hmmmm banana cream pie...hmmmmmm

Now, I'm gonna want banana cream pie (with LOTS of whipped cream). Where's a House of Pies when you need one....

Aaaand, this one has sliced almonds on top of the whipped cream.

George

« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2007, 06:00:04 PM »

Well, as we learned the other AM, you can be logged in, but not necessarily "with us," so don't you roll your eyes icon at me .... :)

No problem...what I do when I get to work is log in and stay logged in until I leave for the day and just refresh the browser every once in a while.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »

And what is the fascination some customers have with $100 bills?

I had one guy today who ran up a bill of something like $110.  So he hands me two hundred dollar bills.  Uh, he didn't have anything smaller?  Like, this somehow made him look more powerful?

They have pills to cure E. D.  Some guys just haven't heard about them yet.  

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2007, 06:03:31 PM »

Aaaand, this one has sliced almonds on top of the whipped cream.
Are they toasted sliced almonds on top of the whipped cream?

Never settle for anything less than toasted sliced almonds on top of the whipped cream.

;D

MBarnum

« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2007, 06:04:05 PM »

I think my toga is white.

George

« Reply #315 on: March 23, 2007, 06:05:09 PM »

Is that a problem??

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2007, 06:05:27 PM »

Time to get dinner made.

Spaghetti, with smoked sausage in the sauce.

Which will hopefully make up for last night's chili, which was somehow bitter and simply wrong.

(Yes, I can screw up on occasion.)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2007, 06:06:42 PM »

It will stay that way as long as you don't wash it with red underwear.  Pink togas are so not right.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2007, 06:14:52 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Continued vibes to Sherlock!
At least the news wasn't as horrible as it could have been.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »

And Cason, I'm still thinking about you and looking for a big announcement!

Tomovoz

« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2007, 06:16:05 PM »

No appreciative comments from DR George re the talents of song writer Randy Newman..  DR Edisauras will not be impressed. Are you still being checkmated by the Swedes?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2007, 06:21:10 PM »

This afternoon I went for a walk, and this is what I saw:

Tomovoz

« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2007, 06:33:46 PM »

Important news.. It is raining. Not enough to collect the animals two by two though.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #323 on: March 23, 2007, 06:37:52 PM »

No appreciative comments from DR George re the talents of song writer Randy Newman..  DR Edisauras will not be impressed. Are you still being checkmated by the Swedes?

AARRGGHH!! (he said sheepishly) :-[ You caught me.  When I came to work this morning, I forgot to put the CDs in my bag to bring to work.  They're still sitting on my table at home...where I put them so that I wouldn't forget to bring them to work.  Dopey me. ::)

Tomovoz

« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2007, 06:42:25 PM »

BAAAAA he said sheepishly. Silly ewe.  No pressure George.  
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2007, 06:44:53 PM »

You're so understanding. :-*

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2007, 06:51:10 PM »

AARRGGHH!! (he said sheepishly) :-[ You caught me.  When I came to work this morning, I forgot to put the CDs in my bag to bring to work.  They're still sitting on my table at home...where I put them so that I wouldn't forget to bring them to work.  Dopey me. ::)
No, you put the CDs in your bag when you realize that you want to take them to work!!!  No waiting!

I've got a bag I take with me to work every day.  It has the book I'm reading (always a cookbook or something about food) and my coat inside, and my nametag pinned on the outside.

And there's still enough room inside for whatever I bring home for making dinner that night!

Walt, our pharmacist, has the same kind of bag, uses it every day.  But I think his wife does all the shopping.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2007, 06:51:47 PM »

No CDs in my bag.  I get to listen to muzak.   :P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2007, 06:52:27 PM »

The tomato sauce with sausage is burbleing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2007, 06:53:46 PM »

Back from the meeting and shall now try to slog through two more pages.

Speaking of pages - Cilla, any info on my last question - I'll need that info for the next chapter.  Thanks.

I don't know. I've done some checking, but I can't seem to find the answer.  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18   Go Up