Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING AND DOING  (Read 74205 times)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
Re:GOING AND DOING
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2007, 02:32:40 AM »

And I frightened off his Global Moderatorship...
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2007, 02:32:55 AM »

Cason, Cason, Have faith

Always look on the bright side of life (Spamalot reference)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2007, 02:33:13 AM »

Well, I got us to 3!  

...and I'm-a still goin'!
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2007, 02:33:48 AM »

Was that also not first a "Life of Brian" reference?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2007, 02:36:10 AM »

Yes, Eric Idle borrowed it for the Spamalot musical
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:05 AM »

YOu only have 64 to go to reach the clouds of godliness

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2007, 02:37:46 AM »

Indeed -- those saucy Pythons.

That song was also arranged by Hans Zimmer for the soundtrack of "As Good As It Gets" with a full chorus.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2007, 02:39:38 AM »

yes...

Love the pythons!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2007, 02:40:16 AM »

Cason, you and Heather appear to be having fun in your avvie...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2007, 02:42:54 AM »

Yes, that was from my trip to AZ back towards the end of February -- we were driving down to Phoenix to see my best friend Alex in the show he was in at ASU.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2007, 02:43:22 AM »

But then again, she and I are always having fun - whether there's a picture to document it or not.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2007, 02:44:38 AM »

Looks like you are having a blast

Glad to see the smiles and that you enjoy each other's company!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2007, 02:45:44 AM »

As much I would love to say andhelp you reach your goal Cason, my eyelids are getting very heavy. Pleasant dreams good sir!

I am hoping you get the Full Monty part...

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2007, 02:49:36 AM »

G'night!  Sweetest of dreams to you!

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2007, 02:56:44 AM »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I think I'll leave the Goddening for another time...

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2007, 04:23:16 AM »

Cillaliz, I hope you have a good, safe flight to Atlanta!

I know I won't be able to meet tonight...I'm not sure how I'm even going to get everything done before I go, since TNT just heaped something new on me at the last minute. Bummer! Argh.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2007, 04:23:54 AM »

I also notice that Cillaliz is very close to another milestone!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2007, 04:25:50 AM »

For ask bk day: What was the signifigance of the West Side Story question?

To me, it just meant that it is 1961.

Is it a song lyric?

Edisaurus

« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2007, 04:27:08 AM »

Maybe today we'll hear about Cason and MONTY...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~VIBES FOR CASON~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edisaurus

« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2007, 04:48:28 AM »

Just read that Freddie Francis died last week. He directed, among other things, one of my berst friend's films: THE CREEPING FLESH, as well as THE BRAIN (but not "our" BRAIN.) But mainly, he was a brilliant cinematographer.

From IndieWire:

Freddie Francis, 1917-2007

If you've seen even one frame of The Innocents, you know that it's one of the best shot films in Hollywood history...screen so wide it seems to go on forever, every nook and cranny expressively crammed or drained, always reflective of its characters' inner torments and external fears. The film's brilliant director of photography, Freddie Francis, Academy Award winner for 1960's DH Lawrence adaptation Sons and Lovers and 1989's Glory, has died this week at age ninety. With a distinctive and varied career as both a cinematographer of some of the world's best loved, most visually memorable films of the British New Wave (Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, Room at the Top) and beyond (The Elephant Man, The French Lieutenant's Woman), and as a director in his own right for Hammer Films and then at the Hammer-esque horror production company Amicus (Torture Garden, Tales from the Crypt), Francis proved himself one of our most adept film stylists. I'm unlikely to ever forget those shattering final moments in the The Innocents' gothic statue garden, the opening drift down from the tree brances of The Straight Story, or even Robert DeNiro's lightning and fire-streaked face as he blathers in tongues at the end of Cape Fear.

Cillaliz

« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2007, 05:14:01 AM »

DR Edi - no problem, by the time I get to the hotel, check in, get settled, check into the conference and find some dinner, I'll be ready to just review the materials a little and go to sleep.   Next time :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2007, 05:15:34 AM »

Good morning Elmore!  

Well I better run.  I need to close up the suitcase, get dressed and hit the road. I decided to check my bag. I don't feel like pulling it around for 3 hours in Milwaukee.  So, I won't have to worry about the plastic bag stuff.  

Ben

« Reply #82 on: March 28, 2007, 05:26:35 AM »

Good Morning Iowa and the Upper West Side.

81!

Ben

« Reply #83 on: March 28, 2007, 05:27:27 AM »

I have a lot to do today so I will be brief.

I will also go to Moviefone.com and try to get tickets for Sacco and Vanzetti. I will keep Elmore posted.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2007, 05:36:45 AM »

Good morning, all!  Barber at 9 am, then Toyland, then the NYPL, and a return home for a brief respite before heading out to catch FACE THE MUSIC at Encores!  

DR JRand56, I hope my comment about your avatar wasn't too rude.  I guess I'm so used to your robotic incarnation, as well as your current look on MySpace, that I really didn't recognize you in the avatar.  It also appears a bit unfocused to me.  If it's any comfort, I say much worse things about DRs MBarnum and Jose!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Travel Vibes for DR Cillaliz! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2007, 05:41:54 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm up and going through the motions of getting ready to go to work.  When I see an indication in my work email that the water has been turned back on in the building, I'll think about actually going to work.

Travel vibes for DR Cillaliz!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 05:42:22 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2007, 05:46:33 AM »

I will also go to Moviefone.com and try to get tickets for Sacco and Vanzetti. I will keep Elmore posted.

Still not available yet. Booo!

Edisaurus

« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2007, 05:49:21 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Travel Vibes for DR Cillaliz! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[/move]

What he said, in yellow, to match the pollen.

If you take a cab, be sure it's a real cab and not a car covered in pollen!

Michael

« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2007, 06:04:44 AM »

Yes, Ventura runs east and west.

Actually it runs west and east.
Never stop dreaming.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2007, 06:08:40 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers. That is all.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 31   Go Up