Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: A PINTER PLAY  (Read 77106 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:A PINTER PLAY
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2007, 08:26:04 AM »

Darling photo of the Vixter celebrating, and MBarnum-darling card to match.

Hi Sigerson

Danise

« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2007, 08:26:51 AM »

Hi all!  I might have good news today.  The doctors came in and found Mom to be quite alert.  They mentioned that she might (Mind you might) be allowed to go home.  Not today but soon.

I told them what the doctor said at the hospital--that she only had 3 days tops but this doctor said that might not be so.  She said that others have what Mom has and have lived for a year or more.

What I'm planning on doing is bringing her walker so she can prove that she can get around so that she can prove she can go home.

Needless to say, my hopes are going up and down.  I don't know what to believe or what to really think.  

I had to stop there because the phone rang and then Mom had some people come to check her.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

singdaw

« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2007, 08:29:48 AM »

DerBrucer-cute.

Yes, he is!     :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2007, 08:31:19 AM »

Are you going to be left with a compass and a knife, or are you really roughing it?
I will rough it with a digital camera and a cell phone.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2007, 08:31:34 AM »

Wow, DR Danise...

A real emotional roller-coaster!  We are glad for any positive developments.

singdaw

« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2007, 08:32:29 AM »

I will rough it with a digital camera and a cell phone.

Hoping that might mean we'll get some lovely wildlife shots later.   :)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2007, 08:36:03 AM »

Hi all!  I might have good news today.  The doctors came in and found Mom to be quite alert.  They mentioned that she might (Mind you might) be allowed to go home.  Not today but soon.

I told them what the doctor said at the hospital--that she only had 3 days tops but this doctor said that might not be so.  She said that others have what Mom has and have lived for a year or more.

What I'm planning on doing is bringing her walker so she can prove that she can get around so that she can prove she can go home.

Needless to say, my hopes are going up and down.  I don't know what to believe or what to really think.  

I had to stop there because the phone rang and then Mom had some people come to check her.

That's good news, Danise. You must feel like you are on a roller coaster.

MY RN friend says that an aorta aneurism is the best way to go -- quick and as low-pain as one could hope for.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2007, 08:37:36 AM »

Let me see if I understand this........ May is the only month you can be lusty?

In your case, just the OPPOSITE is true.  This month, you, TCB, must remain CELIBATE and CHASTE.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2007, 08:38:29 AM »

Hoping that might mean we'll get some lovely wildlife shots later.   :)

Why, thank you.

I do not like my camera. It is going through batteries like crazy. I usually only get a few to a couple dozen photos on a set of batteries.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2007, 08:39:16 AM »

(((((Danise!!)))))

Because you are on such a roller coaster ride!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2007, 08:47:27 AM »

{{{{{Danise}}}}}

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2007, 08:48:52 AM »

Good morning, HHW. (Well, it's almost noon here.)

I've been extreeeeeemely busy and am having difficulty keeping up with the posts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2007, 08:53:45 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Stuffed up, but up.  

singdaw

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2007, 08:56:21 AM »

This month, you, TCB, must remain CELIBATE and CHASTE.
MAY is going to be extremely long this year!   ;)

DR Ron Pulliam's comment reminds me of the old joke about the Randy Vicar old cloistered monk, running out from the collection of rare ancient scrolls, shouting, "They made a mistake, They made a mistake!  The copyist left out the "R"!  It's not celibate, it's celibRate!"

singdaw

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2007, 08:58:32 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Stuffed up, but up.  

Is it just coincidence that bk's allergies flared up once he became blonde?  :)

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2007, 09:00:54 AM »

Dum dum, de dum. I am waiting for the family to get ready.

singdaw

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2007, 09:02:30 AM »

Dum dum, de dum. I am waiting for the family to get ready.

Do you have your handkerchief full of bread crumbs at the ready?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2007, 09:07:53 AM »

I shall shortly be on my way to a breakfast meeting, after which I shall return.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2007, 09:08:18 AM »

I love all kinds of art.

Because of my passion for movies, I have a great fondness for exquisite poster art.

One of my favorites is Amsel's for "Death on the Nile."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2007, 09:08:53 AM »

TOD:

It's difficult to say who my favorite artists are because there are so many whose work I like.

Of those I know personally, my favorite is Jean Weinbaum. Not only is he a close personal friend, but I really like his work. I am fortunate to have his large watercolor, La Mer, in my living room. It's one of his best works--both in my opinion and his. (Another one of his watercolors, War and Peace, was snatched up by a gallery owner and collector before I had a chance to purchase it. But I do love La Mer.) Jean sends little baby watercolors to me from time to time as gifts, which would always get a reaction from my insurance agent when I would add them to my scheduled possessions as "gift from the artist." Jean is a very sweet man.

As for artists I don't know, Turner is one of my favorites. I never cease to be amazed at his work. I love to take in the Turners at the Tate--the Tate Museum in London, that is.

Oh, back to artists I know. If anyone likes realistic figure drawing, you MUST SEE Rob Liberace's work. I took a drawing class from him some years ago. GAWD, he's good!! Friends tell me his work is quite hot these days. I almost bought one of his works some years ago--I'm sure I couldn't afford it now. Lovely, lovely work. And he does it sooo easily. In class, he'd say, "Here, just do this," and in one or two lines convey so much. Well, it just doesn't happen that way when I do it!

I'm not a big fan of impressionism. I've always enjoyed contemporary art, but I also have a huge respect for good realism.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2007, 09:18:03 AM »

I have an invitation to visit an old friend who is a big art collector. I haven't seen his collection in many years. I have no doubt he'll be filling me in on today's art scene--he keeps up, I don't. I'll probably soon have a few new favorites.

singdaw

« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »

That's interesting, DR Jeanne!

In the category of artists known personally, I'd have to include Karen Horn.  She paints in watercolor, but has developed this "overdubbing" technique that renders an almost photographic-like quality.  Pictures don't really do them justice, but here's a sample:

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2007, 09:25:11 AM »

I love all kinds of art.

Because of my passion for movies, I have a great fondness for exquisite poster art.

One of my favorites is Amsel's for "Death on the Nile."

I regret when I threw away my twenty year plus collection of TV Guides that I didn't pull the issues with Amsel covers.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2007, 09:27:27 AM »

That's interesting, DR Jeanne!

In the category of artists known personally, I'd have to include Karen Horn.  She paints in watercolor, but has developed this "overdubbing" technique that renders an almost photographic-like quality.  Pictures don't really do them justice, but here's a sample:

I knew a Karen Horn from my days on rec.arts.theatre.musicals.  She lives in San Diego, CA.  Any chance she is the same?
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2007, 09:29:33 AM »

{{{{{{{DR Danise}}}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2007, 09:34:49 AM »

Surprise!  I'm back from my errands and have a bit of time to putter and get ready for the tea party that we're having while we watch The Queen.  My favorite bakery let me down, fancy-cookie-wise, so I made a spontaneous stop at Collette's Custom Cakes and bought a box of beautiful cookies.

DH Richard is having lunch with his mother and then will pick up my mom and aunt.  The matinee will probably start about 2pm.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2007, 09:35:53 AM »

DR Dan (the Man) - I believe the artist Karen Horn lives in Northern CA, and so far as I'm aware doesn't have any particular interest in musicals.

singdaw

« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2007, 09:39:59 AM »

Surprise!  I'm back from my errands and have a bit of time to putter and get ready for the tea party that we're having while we watch The Queen.  My favorite bakery let me down, fancy-cookie-wise, so I made a spontaneous stop at Collette's Custom Cakes and bought a box of beautiful cookies.

DH Richard is having lunch with his mother and then will pick up my mom and aunt.  The matinee will probably start about 2pm.

DR Ginny - sounds like an absolutely DEE-lightful afternoon!   :)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43:03 AM »

I cannot leave this discussion without mentioning my old friend (now deceased), Lou Goodman. Lou was an assemblagist from the old Barney's Beanery days in LA, where many artists hung out. Assemblage isn't my favorite form of art--I just loved Lou. He used to tell me stories of growing up a Jew in Czarist Russia and having to step off the sidewalk when non-Jews passed. He also used to send me letters addressed, "My darling Jenka." Those letters were lost when my house was broken into many years ago. I was nineteen and impressionable; he was a sort of father or uncle figure. I have several of his works, which few people but me would appreciate.

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2007, 10:07:34 AM »

THE AMAZING RACE SPOILERS

If I have anything against the Blondies, it's the half truth they told Eric and Danielle about the deal they made with Danny and Oswald about the Yield.  They told E & D that D & O were the first to approach the offer (true), but they then said that the deal was for D & O not to Yield the Blondies when the truth was that they themselves specified E & D.  

I've seen a lot of people annoyed by this, but not me.  They did not say that danny and oswald chose the people.  They said that  danny and oswald approached them to give them money not to yield them.  The blondes did not have to tell this to eric. Plus he was a freakin lunatic. IF they had told him he probably would have chased after them.

I'm sure eric found out the rest. Plus parts could have been edited out. I think the blondes told enough of the story. They didn't give specifics. But they did not outright lie and say something that was not true.

Also, if Mirna can be believed, during the rest period at the pit stop after the Blondies first Yielded E & D, they were telling everyone that they were once Yielded during Season 10, which never happened.  (You can see Mirna talk about this in the extra clips for that episode on the CBS.com site.)  It does appear that the Blondies can be outright deceitful at times.

I don't know since i have not seen this. It doesn't appear to me that they are deceiftful. They are competitive. And they don't get overly friendly with others. But i can't see them telling people something that was not true (especially something that can be easily verified). I don't really remember the exact thing in TAR 10. But i know that the lyns were threatening to yield the blondes. Maybe that was what they told the others.

I'm curious about how soon Danny and Oswald came in behind Mirna and Schmirna.  It looked like they did incredibly well catching up after being so far behind, but it could be, like you said, editing.

It's all in the editing...

I didn't comment on this editing, i commented on last week and the week before.  IT's pretty obvious in this editing that danny and oswald did not finish too far behind. I believe they showed charla and oswald both at the helicopter field together. Now if they showed that when they really far behind, that would be even more deceitful than the fake close endings we got for the last two weeks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up