Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT ME SOME SLACK  (Read 73680 times)

Ben

Re:CUT ME SOME SLACK
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2007, 06:23:24 AM »

There!

Ben

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2007, 06:23:38 AM »

Bye

Michael

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2007, 06:25:05 AM »

And Larry and Michael and Fred!

Oh my!
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 06:25:25 AM »

DR FJL-

Have you given in yet??

Toby and Dylan want their cake!

Michael

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 06:26:10 AM »

BRACHYLOGY

The study of the Brach character from Hedda Gabler
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2007, 06:28:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: BRACHYLOGY!
ARCHLY BOGY.

Succinct 'nuff?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2007, 06:28:50 AM »

Friday morning greetings!

Aren't you glad you don't work in an office?

Ah, but I do, DR Ben!  Sometimes the "administrivia" gets to be too, too much.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

singdaw

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2007, 06:30:12 AM »

BRACHYLOGY

The study of the Brach character from Hedda Gabler

Or...the study of candy...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2007, 06:30:16 AM »

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

singdaw

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2007, 06:31:08 AM »

ARCHLY BOGY.

Oh, we're arch, all right!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 06:32:41 AM »

Thanks for the screen shot, DR Ben!

Remind me to drink coffee before attending your presentation...   ;)

And...I don't even drink coffee!

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 06:32:52 AM »

This morning, one of my managers is on his way to Florida and one of my co-workers is on her way to Hawaii.  I can officially say:

I need a vacation!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 06:35:53 AM »

Or...the study of candy...

I like yours better. I think mine is too esoteric
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 06:37:07 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept late, primarily because it was too painful to get up, but I finally roused myself because I have to go on errands: fill the prescription, have my x-ray, mail a package, and come back and do some writing on the Toyland project.

TOD:
  CD:  The Brain, Guy Haines, the new Offenbach Romantique, my self-burned set of JUBILEE excerpts
  DVD:  Upstairs Downstairs Season 2, The History Boys
  VCR: Hmmmm . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 06:38:10 AM »

This morning, one of my managers is on his way to Florida and one of my co-workers is on her way to Hawaii.  I can officially say:

I need a vacation!

DR Ginny - With a manager on vacation, it's sort of a vacation for you, isn't it?    :P

singdaw

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 06:39:21 AM »

mine is too esoteric

And we love you for it!   Brings class to the jernt.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 06:39:25 AM »

I also must fill in my on-line Attendance Report, delivered to us each Friday morning by e-mail. It replaces the thousands of trees cut down every year by the filing of paper attendance reports.

Aren't you glad you don't work in an office?

I work in an office.  Sometimes I'm glad, sometimes not so.

Since last fall, we've been filling in our timesheets online.  We are not saving any trees since we didn't have to fill in timesheets before.  All we are doing now is wasting bandwith and storage with automated e-mail messages reminding us to fill in our timesheets or scolding us for not doing so.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 06:43:18 AM »

We fill in online time sheets weakly.  Very weakly.  :)

FJL

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 06:43:37 AM »

Sorry I missed your greeting before, DtM!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 06:43:41 AM »

TOD

DVD: Dreamgirls, Night at the Museum, The Queen.  Mostly delving into the extras so far.

BOOKS:  Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume Two, by Julia Child and Simone Beck.  And The Barbecue! Bible, by Steven Raichlen, which I've had for a while but haven't really read until now.

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 06:44:05 AM »

DR Ginny - With a manager on vacation, it's sort of a vacation for you, isn't it?    :P

Actually, DR Singdaw, one manager is on vacation today and the other is on medical leave, so, Yes, it's pretty relaxed around here  ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 06:44:53 AM »

VCR: Hmmmm . . .
Bedtime for BooKey, perhaps?

:o

;D

singdaw

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 06:46:12 AM »

What we need is a drink. [bump]

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 06:51:19 AM »

My 48 hours away from the store will be over too too soon.  Der B and I did drop buy, getting foodstuffs for last night, and the new self-checking registers have been installed, but aren't working yet.  I'll be trained on how they work some time in the next two days.

The problem with all these have-the-customers-do-it-themselves machines is that they are all designed so that the average person can figure the procedures out.  The key word is average.  This means that roughly fifty percent of the customers, who are below average in intelligence, will not be able to figure how to make the damn things work.  So someone will have to be watching the registers, to help the customers figure out what they're doing.  My hunch is, we're going to have a cashier helping the customers for a good percentage of the time, one per self-checkout register.

So much for the intelligence of management.  And I don't mean the management at our store - I mean management at the regional level.  Bleh.

singdaw

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007, 06:51:42 AM »

Umm...

Since DR Everlovinheather is now a-visitin', I'd say that's a pretty safe bet!

:)

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 06:53:04 AM »

DR SWW -

True.  But, perhaps, job security?

;)

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 06:53:38 AM »

The problem with all these have-the-customers-do-it-themselves machines is that they are all designed so that the average person can figure the procedures out.  The key word is average.  This means that roughly fifty percent of the customers, who are below average in intelligence, will not be able to figure how to make the damn things work.  So someone will have to be watching the registers, to help the customers figure out what they're doing.  My hunch is, we're going to have a cashier helping the customers for a good percentage of the time, one per self-checkout register.

DR SWW, my library is getting ready to install self-check-out this summer and I have a feeling our experience will be very similar to what you describe  ::)

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 07:16:03 AM »

Good morning. Vibes to DR Elmore~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 07:17:12 AM »

:o

;D

Don't think so.  Might be your fantasy but there are other Bedtimes I'd rather be thinking about!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 07:18:11 AM »

Good morning. Vibes to DR Elmore~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello, DR Cillaliz!  I'm getting ready to be x-rayed.  I just don't wanna be ultra-violated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up