« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 06:02:49 AM »

And one for Mothers everywhere

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:SNOT
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 06:03:25 AM »

Morning, DR DANISE!!  Vibes for ya!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 06:04:23 AM »

Good morning, DR Danise! I hope this day will be a wonderful one for you and your mother.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Birthday Greetings to La Jolie Femme !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 06:04:39 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 06:07:16 AM »

DR Danise, have they given you any brochures on the dying process?  Ask if they have any and read up on it, it will tell you all the signs and prepare you.  I hope for your mother's sake it's a quick decline and death.  If I sound callous and harsh, I don't mean to.  I feel the better prepared you are, the easier it will happen.  And then, like me, you'll mourn.  For a long time.

I send hugs, affecton, support, everything but myself.

I have read the brochures but in Mom's case, they won't really help.  If that thing on her heart breaks, that's it.  It will happen so fast that she could be dead in mid sentance.

I understand what you mean about the quick death.  If Mom is going to be that person I saw on Friday night, I hope for it to be quick  and painless as possible as well.  

And I am totaly disappointed that you send everything but yourself.  That's the most important part!   :D   ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 06:08:26 AM »

Good morning, Jrand and Elmore!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2007, 06:18:45 AM »

In the middle of the night I got up to give Mom a drink of water and I asked her if she knew who I was, she said I was her mother.  I didn't correct her, I just told her to go back to sleep and I gave her the stuffed dog to keep her company.  She smiled a big smile when I did that.

The stuffed dog is the one I bought that night that we had dinner, DR Elmore .  The first time I went to NY.  Remember I went to the Toys-R-Us afterwards to ride the Ferris Wheel there.  There was a bin with black lab puppies.  I bought one to remember NY by.

As it turns out it looks just like Sheena (who I hope was very "neat" yesterday and today until I get there).
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2007, 06:20:01 AM »

Continued prayers, Danise.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Danise

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2007, 06:30:56 AM »

Continued prayers, Danise.

Thank you, DRL.

I may have done something foolish.  I only have one email address for my half brother and he passed away about 3 years ago.  

I have no idea where his kids are or any of the other family since we were never close in any way, shape or form but I sent an email to that one address to let his wife know that Mom is dying.  

I have no way of knowing if she will receive that email or what she will do with it  if she receives it but at least I feel like I made the gesture.   The ball is in their park now.

So far, it hasn't bounced back.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2007, 06:33:26 AM »

And I am totaly disappointed that you send everything but yourself.  That's the most important part!   :D   ;)

Awww.  When this is all over, you will have to plan a trip North to visit us because of two reasons:
  1.  I'm always happier the further I am from the Equator, which is why I never visited my dad during his Florida sojourns
  2.  we Manhattan Hainsies and Kimlets will be even happier for seeing you again.

Until then, it's hugs and hopeful thoughts till I see you again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2007, 06:46:01 AM »

We need to go to the opera again!  I'll even let you pick it next time*

*Unless Michael Ball is doing another one!!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2007, 07:08:55 AM »

It's Mother's Day, and around these parts, that means lobster for Mom.

Dang! I KNEW I should have had kids!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Danise

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2007, 07:25:36 AM »

I've never had lobster.  I never was much of a one for seafood.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 07:29:20 AM »

Now you take your title of today--Snot.  Now you take your oysters.  If anything looks like snot--they do!  Why anyone would want to put one of those in their mouth is beyond me.  YUCK!!!!!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 07:29:55 AM »

Mothers Day greetings!  DS Rob is feeling much better this morning and told me that my present from him was the chance yesterday to pamper him.  DH Richard brought me a 2-pound box of Fannie May chocolates from Chicago.

In a couple of hours, my mom and I will go to Music Hall for an afternoon concert by the Cincinnati Pops, with guest Bebe Neuwirth.  That's my present to her, along with another 2-pound box of Fannie May chocolates from DH Richard.

Continued hugs and vibes for DR Danise!  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 07:30:06 AM »

Oysters = Sea Snot!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2007, 07:31:17 AM »

Sounds like your going to have a wonderful, chocolate filled day, DR Ginny.  Enjoy!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2007, 07:32:46 AM »

Good morning!

Lovely morning here and much cooler since we had that rain late yesterday. The evening was very pleasant, and this morning even more so. Highs in the high 70s today, but right now, it's cool enough to have doors and windows open, the attic fan running, and the house cooling down.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »

Mother's Day greetings to all mothers here! Have a great day!

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2007, 07:36:29 AM »

Today I want to finish up the remaining special features on APOCALYPTO (the rest of the making of documentary, a deleted scene, a running commentary track).

I did get that BRANDO biography off TCM yesterday, so I want to watch the first half of it today.

I have ARTHUR AND THE INVISIBLES I must watch, but then, before prime time starts tonight, I might be able to get to either a Tyrone Power film or THE LONG HOT SUMMER.

Danise

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2007, 07:38:25 AM »

We're having problems with all of the smoke that's making it's way down from the North of Florida.  When I walk out to my car (Bonnie) there is ash all over her.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2007, 07:43:07 AM »

Thank you DR Matt for the wonderful Michael Ball clips!

If you look a the one where he sings "This in the Moment" while he is in Salt Lake City, that's one of two concerts he gave and I got to attend.   I think I made a comment with my DofB5 name.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Edisaurus

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2007, 07:49:04 AM »

Oysters = Sea Snot!

I agree with you Danise, and I also feel the same way about sea urchin!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2007, 07:50:53 AM »

But as far as I'm concerned, a good lob is the food of the gods.

I had one in Mass.---Peter and I made a special trip to an out-of-the-way place that he loves for clams (with bellies) and a big lobster. Yummmm!

Edisaurus

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2007, 07:51:35 AM »

Peter also introduced me to another type of seafood I'd never had: pufferfish. Yummm again!

Edisaurus

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2007, 07:55:52 AM »

Looking at the responses to yesterday's TOD, I am once again reminded how little I know about the musical theatre repertoire, and how much my knowledge is enriched by those in this community, especially DR Elmore!

Edisaurus

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 07:57:30 AM »

Danise, I'm so glad you are able to spend Mother's Day with your Mom. I hope she will be able to stay the "old" mom while she's with us!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 07:58:12 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... The dang car alarm only went off about five or six times last night... And I believe there were a few times it was intentionally set off - I could hear people laughing before and after it started a few times.  In any case...

I slept rather well, and I got a full eight hours more or less.  I'm up.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2007, 07:58:34 AM »

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2007, 07:58:55 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR La Jolie Femme!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2007, 08:06:07 AM »

And speaking of Mother's Day...

I just called my own mother to say, "Hello," and to pass on the greetings of the day.  Well, as expected, true to form, the phone call was short.  Although, not short enough that I wasn't given a good amount of grief and guilt for not heading down there this weekend.  But...

I did find out that their current house is currently empty.  Any stray boxes I may have had down there are currently in the new house in Richmond.  And they close on the 26th.  Now I just need to find out what each of them decided in regards to their retirement and whether or not they'll be living somewhere temporarily in the DC area, or if they're going to go ahead and settle down in Richmond now.  -I have a sense they're going to hang out in the DC area for a couple more weeks, if not months.  -My mom's full retirement benefits kick in in July, I believe.  And, heck, my brother's Don and Michael have nice houses with an extra room.  ;)

In any case... It's nice to know she's still concerned and cares about me.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up