Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TO THE VICTOR GO THE SPOILS  (Read 26131 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TO THE VICTOR GO THE SPOILS
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2007, 07:29:16 AM »

Just a reminder for fans of the shows:

HOUSE and BOSTON LEGAL both have season finales on tonight.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2007, 07:31:39 AM »

Page Three Ron Weasley Dance!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2007, 07:33:09 AM »

Great pics yesterday from DRs LAURA and CILLALIZ and more great pics from DR BEN today.  It's like a trip through the forest garden....not to mention the pics from DR EDISAURUS....

I told you not to mention them....

Oh sorry.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »

A few of my favorites are coming out on DVD on June 20....I shall have to give the TOD some more thought.

Although DR MATTH's mention of several of the Joan Crawford meller-drammers that are missing would be nice to have.

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »

The Tree Men Are Coming! The Tree Men Are Coming!  

That is all

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 07:34:26 AM »

That is all

When will THIS DVD be released?  ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 07:41:04 AM »

Here are my comments on last night's episode of THE LOT:

Where to start?

Like DRs Jose and Jrand i was really annoyed that they didn't continue where they left off last week.  The show was so bizarre to me. I mean the movies were okay. But the format was so different from the interesting reality format the last 2 shows.

1.I liked the reality style of the other episodes better than just showing the full films. There was no interactions between the contestants (will it always be this way?)

2.Did i miss something? They went from 36 to 18 people without ever showing us who got cut? They did not show them do their movies from last week. Total lapse!  And quite maddening. They didn't show the eliminations or the movies!

3.How did we get these 18?

4. If they don't show us the groupings of 3 from last week (to remind us)are we just supposed to remember who everyone is?

DR Jennifer - Breathe.  ;)

Did you catch the second, shorter episode of "On the Lot" last week?  They did show the eliminations after the three-person film challenge.

However, we did not see the one-page script movies, nor the whittling down to last night's final 18.

I'm guessing - and this is purely a guess - that Fox may have changed the number of episodes ordered for "On the Lot", and we just "simply" lost a televised round in the process.

5. After they show each movie why aren't they putting up the phone number to call (the woman host is just saying it). Totally bizarre. And in fact i don't believe they EVER put up the numbers. Crazy. Stupid. And why don't they remind people how many times you can vote or for how long.

Hmm... I just double-checked the DVR, and they did put up the phone numbers after each movie was shown while the host was wrapping things up.  And at the end of the show during the recap, they showed the numbers again.  -Instead of having all 18 of them repeated by the host one after the other (Whew!).

6. I don't really like this host.

I get that when you get to a different part of the competition the format can change a bit.  But i loved the interaction from last week.  This week is so serious and not the same tone.  And i really want to know what happened to their movies last week and how everyone got eliminated.

As for the host... I guess there's bound to be some info somewhere on web as to what happened.

What I find interesting is that it appears that the filmmakers may already be working on the next challenge even before they know that they're going to be eliminated.  When I checked out the site for "On the Lot" yesterday, there were discussions about the next challenge.  I think.  -The website seems more devoted to the web-based competition rather than the TV one.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:14 AM »

DR Edi, many thanks for the petunia info.  I shall print clip and tack that up on my fridge for reference!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2007, 07:42:29 AM »

When will THIS DVD be released?  ;D

Well... First, let me grab my camera...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2007, 07:44:46 AM »

Great pics, DR Ben.

I didn't realize that Aquafina bottled a dark colored water.  It seemed to be the preferred beverage at your party.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2007, 07:47:42 AM »

DR Ben - Nice pics.

My brain read "pecs".   :P

Yes indeed, DR Ben, thanks for allowing us to experience a bit of your lovely vacation.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »

Great pics, DR Ben.

I didn't realize that Aquafina bottled a dark colored water.  It seemed to be the preferred beverage at your party.

I think it's one of those new-fangled gimmicks.  It's clear in the original bottle, but once you pour it - and it "hits" the air - it turns a dark red, garnet color.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2007, 07:51:45 AM »

I do hope you have a telephoto lens and will be able to submit "evidence"!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2007, 07:53:56 AM »

Just got the call; we're doing an early lunch today, so I must hop off the internet now and go get ready.

WBBL.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2007, 07:54:30 AM »

Speaking of court proceedings, the chinchy bassa developer who ruined our home setting and historic district is in federal bankruptcy court today, trying to explain why he diverted the entire amount of our tax money awarded to him on polo club memberships, motorcycles, etc. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2007, 07:56:22 AM »

I'm off to my mom's to pick up her contributions to an upcoming AAUW garage sale and to deliver hers and mine to the venue.

Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2007, 08:02:59 AM »

I think it's one of those new-fangled gimmicks.  It's clear in the original bottle, but once you pour it - and it "hits" the air - it turns a dark red, garnet color.

Yep, we had us some "professional" drinkers in that there party group.

Ben

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2007, 08:03:46 AM »

Although Anthony had a margarita for the first time (hard to believe, I know) and he has been telling everyone how much he liked it.

The professionals called them "Margies"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2007, 08:15:15 AM »

My little margie.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2007, 08:22:46 AM »

Oh, boy--fix mama another Little Margie.

Chop chop!
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2007, 08:26:20 AM »

Hey Margie - you wanna go dancing? - I'm home!

singdaw

« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2007, 08:27:53 AM »

Spoo - forgot to add to the chorus of thanks to DR Edisaurus for the photos of your trip.  The table by the waterfall with the built-in wine cooling system is far out!  :)

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2007, 08:28:34 AM »

DR DtM, I bought some wonderufl petunias while I was in Alabama, and looked up info when I got home to see how to keep them beautiful. I found this useful information to keep them blooming:

If you look at both petunias you'll notice that the flowers form on the ends of the shoots.  This means that if you encourage more shoots, you have more flowers, and the way to produce more shoots is to pinch the ends off the stems that you have.  That's step one to keeping your petunias blooming.

Step two is to regularly fertilize using a fertilizer that is a 20-20-20 or equivalent.  (10-10-10) etc.  So called "blossom booster" fertilizers are NOT as good - these annuals bloom better with higher nitrogen levels.

Step three is to dead head your trailing petunia regularly by cutting off the spent flowers BELOW the flower, being sure to cut off the swollen place just below the flower.  This is the area seeds are developing in, and it's the seeds you want to be sure to remove.  The wave (petunia) does not need to be deadheaded.

Step four  is to cut back a few of your stems every two or three weeks.... cut four or five stems back by half every other week to keep plant bushy and flowers all over the plant instead of just on the ends.  

Step five is to water deeply when dry.  If these are in baskets this might be twice a day in hot weather.... don't keep them wet, but don't let them wilt either.  You'll develop the "eye" to tell if it's thirsty, and you can lift the pot to see if it's getting light (dry) and will soon need water.   NEVER FERTILIZE A THIRSTY PLANT.  Water first and then fertilize a couple of hours later, or use time release fertilizer.

Hope this helps!

Wow, thanks for that info Edisaurus...it just so happens I made up a hanging basket of lemon petunias and both purple and lavendar putunias this weekend.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2007, 08:29:15 AM »

I'm still waiting for O'Toole's GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS.  I'd also like to see more plays from the early days of TV.  There was a production of THE TEMPEST with Maurice Evans as Propsero, Lee Remick as Miranda, and Richard Burton as Caliban that's never been released.  I loved to see the old BBC AGE OF KINGS (a compliation of the Shakespeare's War of The Roses plays) put out...where Sean Connery played Hotspur.  I know the thing exists because it ran on Bravo once back when Bravo was still an actual Arts programming station.

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »

The coconuts were too high in the tree

That is the name of my new Florida nudist camp movie.

singdaw

« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2007, 08:31:56 AM »

a hanging basket

I will forgo the obvious retort...I'm sure to the relief of all.

;)

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2007, 08:35:03 AM »

DRs Edisaurus, Laura, and Ben...all showing beautiful photos!!! Thanks!

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2007, 08:35:45 AM »

DR Singdaw, such decorum you are showing!  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »

TOD:

Disney's A TIGER WALKS

Universal's 1940s murder mysteries  MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM, THE CRIMSON CANARY, THE CAT CREEPS, and HORROR ISLAND.

...in fact all of Universal's 1930s, 40s, and 50s B movie output (aside from the horror films which have been released).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2007, 08:40:49 AM »

Universal could give us a nice Frances Farmer box set of her early Paramount pics as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up