Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE VENTILATOR  (Read 28754 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE VENTILATOR
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2007, 08:27:28 AM »

Guess I'll head down now to read another chapter in the Henry VIII book, and then start preparing lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2007, 08:29:50 AM »

Page Three Filch, Mrs. Norris, Ron, and Harry Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2007, 08:30:03 AM »

And now I'm REALLY going!  ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »

I thank everyone for their vibes for Marty.  I'm sure they helped make his passing easier this morning.

As per our scheduled appointment, we took Marty to see the vet this morning.  She was going to drain some of the fluid from his abdomen, to ease his discomfort, and suggested that we come back in an hour, maybe to get a cup of coffee or whatever.  She told us that if he perked up, things would be fine, but if he didn't that we'd better plan for the worst.

Over breakfast, we talked about anything and everything except Marty.  When we got back to the animal hospital, we were told that Marty had passed on quietly just minutes earlier.

They had set him down off of the examination table, and he walked around for a little, and then he laid down to rest.  So at least he was comfortable.

He was a very good dog, always taking care of the other pups (even if he did have to put them in their places now and then).  It's better for him now.  And he had a much longer life than we'd been told he would have.

He made my life better, I know that.

Rest in peace, my big baby boy.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2007, 08:32:21 AM »

Well, time to head to Carytown.  Anyone need anything from For the Love of Chocolate?  ;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »

{{{{DRs SWW and DERBRUCER}}}}
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2007, 08:34:44 AM »

And now der Grampa and I have to get going.  The younger grandlad's birthday party is this afternoon, and as usual Magic Mommy has left far too much until the last minute for us to purchase and bring with us.

Bleh.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »

HUGS TO DRS WOODY AND DER BRUCER

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:21 AM »

FJL, yes it's there, just haven't had time to go retrieve it.

If anyone finds they've made their paypal payment and their name isn't on the earlier post, please e-mail me the transaction number so I can call paypal and find out what's happening.  This includes for sure vixmom, Shayne, MusicGuy, tomovoz, and a couple of others.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2007, 08:59:35 AM »

{{{{{DRs SWW and der Brucer}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2007, 09:30:36 AM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearsal and then the book fair, after which I shall return.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2007, 09:38:02 AM »

DRs SWW and Der Brucer, I am so sorry to hear your news.

I have returned depressed and quite fraught from Toyland about 3 hours earlier than anticipated.  I cannot go into the frustrations I have only to say that because we were supposed to be out of our space by March 31 and we still have no lease on a new office space, we may be evicted from our location - ridiculous for a billion dollar foundation - causing us to be prepared to go into storage until another space is found or a new lease signed.  As a result, the office is in chaos: empty and packed cartons everywhere, no air conditioning or ventilation beyond a fan, and today, it seems that yesterday afternoon the sound system was packed away, so I can no longer play music or the radio while I work.  Our office manager is doing a great job but no one's really in charge, except in California, and clearly those of us who use the space don't communicate enough.

I would have recommended the sound system be one of the last things packed, but no one asked my opinion, and unfortunately, I never thought of suggesting it.  As for the job, some days I feel I'm bailing water on the Titanic and today is one of them.  I'm going to the NYPL.  I can work and it's air conditioned.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »

Rodz, so sorry to hear about Walty. As you said, he was an exceptionally friendly cat. Hope Kilbot gets through it OK. You and TP did the right thing.

Jose, I rarely went into the Gulf so I didn't do the Stingray shuffle though other more beachy types certainly did. They also saw more dolphins and egrets and other beautiful birds. Lots of those images were captured on their cameras. We are waiting for the pictures.

We only went to the Bubble Room once. I think they brought out 4 baskets of bread and each group went through two baskets each. I had the special where you get a salad, an appetizer and dessert so I had room for the bread, but others eating the regular size meals came home mighty stuffed!

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2007, 09:47:30 AM »

DR Elmore - I'm sorry to read of your frustrating morning.  Sorry, too, that I sent my email just as you were posting  :-\
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »

Yes, DakotaCelt, Jerome was a silver mining town. It clings to the side of the mountain. The brothels have been turned into art galleries.

Interesting.  In a way, a brothel is an art gallery.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2007, 09:49:36 AM »

Oh, gosh such sad animal friend news to wake up to this morning...Der Brucer and SWW I am so sorry about Marty...he was almost as much a part of HHW as you two are. My thoughts are with you all.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 09:52:55 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2007, 09:51:40 AM »

And my thoughts and hugs are also with TPunk, Rodzinski, and Kilbot. I was fortunate to have met Cat Walty, even shared his room with the he and Kilbot...such a sweet, beautiful cat. I am very sad, but my best thoughts go out to all 3 of you. Take care.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2007, 09:52:07 AM »

I don't know from the TOD.

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »

I am taking a leaf out of DearReaderLaura's book as I am awaiting the telephone man to arrive. He is going to fix the phone jack in the bedroom environment. Otherwise it will be a day of cleaning the house and doing yardwork. Then this afternoon I drive 2 hours south to meet my brother Dan and our mom at Rice Hill. Mom went to Medford to visit for the week. Dan and I will trade her off and I will bring her back to Salem.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2007, 09:57:47 AM »

{{{{{Woody and derBrucer}}}}}
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »

I am taking a leaf out of DearReaderLaura's book as I am awaiting the telephone man to arrive. He is going to fix the phone jack in the bedroom environment. Otherwise it will be a day of cleaning the house and doing yardwork. Then this afternoon I drive 2 hours south to meet my brother Dan and our mom at Rice Hill. Mom went to Medford to visit for the week. Dan and I will trade her off and I will bring her back to Salem.

Oh, MBarnum, I saw DR elmore's video of the telephone man and the bedroom jack.  Enjoy!
“One thing’s universal,

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2007, 10:39:08 AM »

(((((((Der B and Woody)))))))

I am so sorry to hear about Marty! What a sudden loss! That will be quite an adjustment for you and your tribe of canines.

I am a member of petloss.com and every Monday night at 10PM est there is a candle ceremony for those who have recently lost pets or have pets who are ill. My DH and I often participate...we sit on the porch with a big candle and send vibes to friends who need them.

This Monday night I will light 4 extra candles in memory of Jack, Rusty, Walty and Marty. May they all be frolicking and pain-free in the animal afterlife. Peace and consoling vibes to their caretakers.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2007, 10:39:51 AM »

BK---I am eternally grateful!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2007, 10:44:28 AM »

Tomovoz---beautiful pictures of your boids! I went right out and gave my birds (and by default, squirrels) an extra heaping helping of birdie num-nums.

I also picked up the mail, and was delighted by your package of treats! You must have the most extensive collection of music of anyone I know---and I know a LOT of music geeks! the sequence of music is nicely arranged and I've enjoyed every song so far! (I think Jose got the best song, IMHO).

It does bring home the fact that I'm older than I think I am! I always think the same thing when I see cars or footage from the year I was born. It almost looks prehistoric!

Edisaurus

« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2007, 10:45:51 AM »

MBarnum, you are ever so kind! It looks like I have many nights of lurid entertainment in store for me---when I stop working until midnight, anyway.

Thanks so much!

Edisaurus

« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2007, 10:47:24 AM »

Man, page 3 is taking FOREVER!!

SHAUN OF THE DEAD was on MTV last night and I missed it. I think I shall rent it, since we both enjoyed HOT FUZZ so much.

Edisaurus

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »

I'm all alone in the jernt, doing a monologue...

Edisaurus

« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2007, 10:49:41 AM »

I think we may finally get a bit of rain in south Georgia, which may help quell the wildfires, which have already burned a half a million acres. We can smell the smoke all the way to Atlanta. Thank you, tropical depression!

Edisaurus

« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »

Jeanne has joined in...hello!

Edisaurus

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2007, 10:50:35 AM »

And since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up