Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 37364 times)

FJL

Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #390 on: June 06, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

SOLE ON FIRE - isn't that the alternate title for last season's musical HOT FEET?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2007, 09:10:09 PM »

I had about 45 minutes before the start of SIGN OF THE CROSS (which I had decided I'd watch again), so I flipped over to the Free Movies on Demand Channel. One of the more extensive listings were films and specials from TCM, and they had both sections of BRANDO on demand, so I chose the second section and watched it again (or at least until 8).
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #392 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:05 PM »

I did watch SIGN OF THE CROSS. I think it looked better since the last time TCM aired it. I know it was part of a recent Cecil B. Demille DVD set, but this really looked quite nice. I didn't catch the name of the officer who was subordinate to Fredric March, but I'll do some research to find out who he was. Very good looking and with a beautiful physique.

FJL

« Reply #393 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:04 PM »

TCB - Thanks again for alerting us about the non-attribution of Skip's song from FRIENDS AND FAMILY on the web.  We don't know what to do yet about the movie's website, but at least his imdb page

http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0448535

has been updated so that if anyone has any interest in finding out who wrote the song, a simple search on google will now turn that up, while it didn't before.  The imdb even let me add a "mini-biography" for Skip, which was very convenient.

http://akas.imdb.com/name/nm0448535/bio

Matt H.

« Reply #394 on: June 06, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

Next on TCM was a George Cukor film I had never seen before except for the tiny little excerpt in THE CELLULOID CLOSET - OUR BETTERS. A very high-style, very artificial comedy with Constance Bennett and Gilbert Roland. Very "la-dee-dah" kind of stuff, but an interesting film to see for the first time.

Matt H.

« Reply #395 on: June 06, 2007, 09:14:32 PM »

I have THE LOVED ONE cued up in the player and will most definitely watch it tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #396 on: June 06, 2007, 09:37:03 PM »

Heading down to bed now. Hopefully, I will get more sleep tonight than I did for the last two nights.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #397 on: June 06, 2007, 09:40:04 PM »

derBrucer, your earlier prognostication of a tornado watch was correct..... We now have one here in Fargo until 4am..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #398 on: June 06, 2007, 09:40:30 PM »

Per Sandra's question....

Yes, I do... I use when I write.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #399 on: June 06, 2007, 09:45:47 PM »

Speaking of whores on MySpace, this is a "friend request" I just got, and it offends me.  I'm not prudish by any means, but I see this site as a networking site and I'm not particularly interested in soliciting hookers and adult sites here.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=197844165

I have gotten some really vulgar ones lately also and I could not agree more on the networking aspect.

I did send an invite to you a while back.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #400 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »

Sooo close! Sooooo close!

The new vanity is taller than original one; so the mirror had to come down for the vanity to fit. We haven't yet found a replacement. Plus, he needed another part for the drain pipe, since the vanity is taller.

We have a tub/shower, a toilet, but the sink isn't working yet.

YEAH!! It is getting there!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #401 on: June 06, 2007, 09:47:47 PM »

Today was a very busy day, after getting home late from the play last night. Our dear Bruce was splendid and funny and his voice melted me :) It is one thing to hear it on a c.d., but to hear it live is very powerful and I was very happy to catch a rare Kimmel performance (even if I did show up unexpectedly).  I went to rehearsal at the Avalon, which I had never seen before, and listened to Bruce rail about how they changed the theater and how could they do such a thing. I think that the theater is still beautiful, and at least it is still there instead of torn down entirely.
After rehearsal I worked on the script for the Hollywood High School Alumni show I am stage managing this friday, getting the cues in order and sensible, then worked out some problems with the director of the show. Tomorrow morning I will be up bright and early to head over to the school to work out more problems with various faculty and performers. Then i shall sign up for my classes next semester.

"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #402 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:14 PM »

Good evening DRs and H/Ks.... I'm just popping in for a minute to say a "hello" and a "goodnight."  I was able to get to my faithful (and hunky) chiropractor today, and my neck is feeling more relaxed and better.   So, I'm really looking forward to a good night's sleep tonight.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #403 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:21 PM »

Good luck with the show bk!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #404 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:48 PM »

Good luck vibes this Friday to Adriana!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #405 on: June 06, 2007, 09:51:25 PM »

Pleasant dreams DR MusicGuy!

MusicGuy

« Reply #406 on: June 06, 2007, 09:51:31 PM »

Hi dear Adrianna..... how nice to see your pretty smile !!  :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #407 on: June 06, 2007, 09:51:52 PM »

Thank you DR dear Dakota.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #408 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »

Congrats to DR Laura on her new plateau!!

MusicGuy

« Reply #409 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:47 PM »

And now.....for some lovely rest and sleep!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #410 on: June 06, 2007, 10:00:16 PM »

DRs SWW and DerBrucer - Just how was the crab meat you bought packed?  Was it jarred? or sold loose and in a bag/plastic container?  

Sold loose in a chilled plastic tub.

I love an avacado stuffed with a simple crab mix (mayo/caper/lemon)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2007, 10:07:35 PM »

derBrucer, your earlier prognostication of a tornado watch was correct..... We now have one here in Fargo until 4am..

I previously heard it broadcast, in passing, on Fox News - there was no written newsstory at the time - glad it wasn't my imagination!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:10:31 PM by DERBRUCER »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #412 on: June 06, 2007, 10:10:08 PM »

I have gotten some really vulgar ones lately also and I could not agree more on the networking aspect.

I did send an invite to you a while back.

I can't seem to find you - I'm easy - I'm GOOD FAIRY

My only friends are Brain and Elmore - an exclusive club.

der Brucer

Adriana Patti

« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:02 PM »

I keep feeling like today is saturday... >.<
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #414 on: June 06, 2007, 10:20:16 PM »

Well... My roommate just passed this on to me...  It does contain "adult" material, but it's not offensive.  At least I didn't think it was offensive.  There's no language involved, just some flesh.  -You've been warned. -However, it is quite an entertaining clip.

http://users.skynet.be/pdauwe/ursula_martinez.wmv

*It's a Windows Media Player file, so some Mac users may have an issue getting it to play properly. However, Microsoft has now issued Flip4Mac which allows you to play Windows Media Player files via Quicktime.  If you need to download it, or just want to get info CLICK HERE.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:20:56 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Adriana Patti

« Reply #415 on: June 06, 2007, 10:46:10 PM »

Or mac users can just get a pc :)
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #416 on: June 06, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »

sometimes I miss my pc...sometimes
-Thomas Edison

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #417 on: June 06, 2007, 10:48:04 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #418 on: June 06, 2007, 11:12:14 PM »

HOO AND RAY

SHOWTRACKER

'Jericho': Its renewal is official

The fictional town of “Jericho” survived a nearby nuclear blast, and now the CBS drama, canceled just last month, will live to see another day.

After much fanfare—intense viewer support that came in the form of letters, petitions and lots of nuts delivered to CBS headquarters, network executives have re-grouped and decided to give the Skeet Ulrich-led drama a second chance.

On Wednesday, CBS President of Entertainment Nina Tassler ordered seven episodes of the series to air sometime in mid-season, crediting the fervent cancellation protest as “creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone.”

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #419 on: June 06, 2007, 11:25:19 PM »

THIS DAMN THING IS EMPTY!

der Brucer
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up