Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SPLIT LICKETY  (Read 37353 times)

singdaw

Re:THE SPLIT LICKETY
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2007, 05:37:20 AM »

PAGE 3!!!!!!

FJL

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2007, 05:37:51 AM »

And one for Molars

singdaw

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2007, 05:38:08 AM »

Well, gents, I should probably go get some work done.

Smooches, kids!

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2007, 05:43:05 AM »

Good morning I need to run, but I thought I'd post the link to the tv news story from last  night.  I don't look my best so I'm glad they didn't get my name, but I'm sure you'll all figure out which one is me

http://www.ktiv.com/Streamer/stream.php?url=/Video/playlist.php?ID=13735 try this
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 05:43:49 AM by Cillaliz »

FJL

« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2007, 05:51:03 AM »

This computer isn't letting me get the video.  I'll have to try again later on another computer.

Congrats, Cilla, on standing up for what you believe in.

Ben

« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2007, 05:52:39 AM »

The sound is there but the video is really, really strange. I tried on different browsers so it must be something on their end.

I'll try again later.

I even went to the home page and started viewing from there. It didn't make any difference in video quality
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 05:53:17 AM by Ben »

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2007, 06:21:36 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  My drive to work was accompanied by the first 12 tracks of the Curtains OBCR and, so far, I like what I've heard.  Can hardly wait to see it on June 30!

DR Cillaliz - Thanks for sharing your video.  Interesting parallel between Sioux City and Dayton:  next week, I'll be attending a "grassroots meeting of concerned citizens" about the fate of the

Arcade in Downtown Dayton - scroll down to see the story.

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2007, 06:23:56 AM »

Yesterday's TOD:

Austin Powers 2
The Royal Tennebaums
Words & Music
Pret a Porter
I <Heart> Huckabees

I've actually been meaning to rent I HEART HUCKABEES ever since the on the set tsuris between Lily Tomlin and the director came to light.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2007, 06:25:48 AM »

From yesterday

Quote from: bk on Today at 03:56:32am
Sorry, back late because a few of us went out after the performance.  I must now write the notes in a hurry.

Shayne - I'm not IN The Party Animals, I directed it.  www.thepartyanimalslive.com  at least I think that's what it is.

I think I am getting the shows mixed up.

What are you doing with Mr. barry Pearl & Miss Brigit Hanley. Where you are singing and have to save your voice?

I am sure I must have read it but have forgotten about it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 06:26:08 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2007, 06:30:59 AM »

Honestly, I was just thinking of those dramatic scenes in TV or movies where they're on the battlefield, having to perform emergency surgery with no supplies, and they give the poor guy a broom handle in lieu of pain killers...
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]

I generally associate broom handles with that Linda Blair girls prison TV movie.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 06:34:40 AM »

Michael S.: He is doing a staged reading of a musical.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 06:35:39 AM »

Good morning I need to run, but I thought I'd post the link to the tv news story from last  night.  I don't look my best so I'm glad they didn't get my name, but I'm sure you'll all figure out which one is me

http://www.ktiv.com/Streamer/stream.php?url=/Video/playlist.php?ID=13735 try this

DR Cillaliz, very cool--both on seeing you on TV and for speaking up for a worthy cause.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2007, 06:35:59 AM »

Good morning, all!  I have not been sleeping well, and I slept in this morning.

DR FJL, the broom handle, or rolled-up towel or whatever, was for the patient to bite down on during intense pain caused by an amputation, bullet removal or whatever surgery was performed without benefit of drugs, say any time between 1000 BC to the 19th Century, perhaps even later.  

I've known the playwright of the new XANADU since around 1985 when we worked at The Drama Book Shop; he was a funny raconteur but not a particularly good book store clerk.  He was fun but a bit shallow and it's my observation that his success has made him even shallower.  My last memory of seeing him was at intermission of his play THE COUNTRY CLUB.  I have no urge to see XANADU, but I did like THE LITTLE DOG LAUGHED quite a lot.

Today, I believe it's another NYPL afternoon with the Historic American Newspapers.  There's also a BABES IN TOYLAND article I need to find in the 1903 scrapbooks and copy.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2007, 06:46:57 AM »

There is a rising fight going on now in Camden, NJ to save the ages old Sears department store building on Admiral Wilson Blvd.  Campbell Soups wants to build a new industrial park but one of their stipulations (demands) is that they can raze the building.

Sears was a regular shopping destination when I was a youngen.  My father got a discount there from his place of work.  The front of the store had a huge red neon sign that was visible miles away from my parent's upstairs bedroom window.

But to be honest, I think it's time for this building to go.  I don't think it's particularly attractive in any way.  It's been occupied unsuccessfully a number of tenants over the years.  There are times when you just have to let go.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2007, 06:51:45 AM »

Michael S.: He is doing a staged reading of a musical.

Has the name and other info (writers, directors etc) been given out?
Never stop dreaming.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2007, 06:52:50 AM »

Oh, and DR DearReaderLaura, sorry to hear about the bathroom vanity.  Hope everything works out OK and without too much extra expense.

Thanks. It's ok. We were just so looking forward to having it all finished. I returned the first vanity without a problem and got another one. The problem was that the drawers were too wide on the first one and wouldn't fit around the wastewater exit pipe.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2007, 06:58:54 AM »

It's a beautiful building, Cillaliz. Good for you.

As you know, we don't like old buildings out here in Phoenix. Tear 'em all down and build a stucco strip mall. That's our motto.

Cillaliz

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  My drive to work was accompanied by the first 12 tracks of the Curtains OBCR and, so far, I like what I've heard.  Can hardly wait to see it on June 30!

DR Cillaliz - Thanks for sharing your video.  Interesting parallel between Sioux City and Dayton:  next week, I'll be attending a "grassroots meeting of concerned citizens" about the fate of the

Arcade in Downtown Dayton - scroll down to see the story.

That's beautiful Ginny. Hope you can save it.   The Williges building isn't the most beautiful in town, but Sioux City has some wonderful architecture and many buildings have been torn down over the past 20 years or so.  It's now to the point where we really can't afford to lose another one.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2007, 07:04:33 AM »

Thanks for the positive comments.  I'm really irritated at the bank.  It's not even a matter of needing parking spaces, there are plenty here, and after they tear down the building and the parking garage next door, there will be fewer spaces than they have now....as soon as my last direct deposit is in the bank the beginning of July, I'm switching banks.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2007, 07:09:05 AM »

This computer isn't letting me get the video.  I'll have to try again later on another computer.

Congrats, Cilla, on standing up for what you believe in.

Thanks. I used to do it all the time before I started working for the feds and had to worry about the Hatch Act and other such nonsense intended to keep people quiet.  Now that I'm going back on my own...watch out!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2007, 07:18:11 AM »

Good morning!

This may be the last of our cool mornings. I anticipate possibly having to turn on the A/C tonight or tomorrow. High 80s today and into the 90s tomorrow, so I guess the A/C will be necessary at some point.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2007, 07:21:32 AM »

I recorded a William Haines comedy from the gay film festival on TCM the other night, but I believe I have seen it before, so I may only watch a few minutes before deleting.

I have the last 20 minutes or so of FROM THE TERRACE to watch today.

And, of course, lots of CLOSER and ANGELS episodes.

Matt H.

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2007, 07:22:33 AM »

And just as a reminder, tonight is more of the gay film festival on TCM. SIGN OF THE CROSS is being shown tonight at 8. I've forgotten the other films on but will consult my cable guide when I go downstairs later.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2007, 07:24:06 AM »

I watched the Kathy Griffin comedy special last night, but since I was watching THE SHIELD's season finale, I had to record LIFE ON THE 'D' LIST. I'll watch that today, too.

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2007, 07:29:42 AM »

Good morning all DRs and H/Ks.....

I feel a lot of empathy for dear DR Elmo;  I slept in fitful 2 or 3 hour segments last night, due to a very nagging and intense headache at the rear base of my skull.  Very nasty indeed!  Neither an ice pack nor a hot shower would make it lighten up....all I could say was,  hO parC !! (out of defference to DR Laura).

MusicGuy

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2007, 07:34:01 AM »

Good morning dear (hopefully) well rested Esteemed and revitalized BK --

As for the TOD .....

I may have missed it over the past few days, but I too have been curious about a title and a synopsis of the current staged reading in which you are using your very own Ye Olde Voice-box.  I'm assuming that because it has an audience in attendance, it isn't something being kept under wraps......

MusicGuy

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2007, 07:37:44 AM »

Hi DR Ben,.... Hi DR Fred.....  WARNING WILL ROBINSON !! ..... it's getting closer to the time that I get to be in your lovely Apple , so Huzzah!!  

MusicGuy

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2007, 07:39:34 AM »

Hi DR Matt ...... I had seen a promo for the gay fim presentation on TCM, but I had gotten the impression that it was a big "all in a row" festival type thing.  It makes it a lot harder to record it, when it is spread out over time.... Poo !!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2007, 07:39:48 AM »

VIBES TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVEN'T BEEN SLEEPING WELL!!

Ben

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »

Yes, MG, we are looking forward to your visit. We haven't seen you for a couple of years at least, when you dropped by while doing "organ" work (paging TCB & Elmore) and we went out to dinner at Dish in the Gayborhood.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up