Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WINDY METAPHORS  (Read 27524 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE WINDY METAPHORS
« Reply #300 on: June 16, 2007, 10:15:59 PM »

I have to agree with you.. It is only a rare song that you can pull that off
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »

page 11....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Michael

« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2007, 10:55:34 PM »

Holy moley on rye!  I've been out in the garage rearranging and looking through a goodly number of boxes.  It took about five hours but things are much more organized now - and I found the two boxes I was hoping to find.  Now the Kritzerland inventory is easy to get to and very clearly organized.

I found over 100 cassettes and DATS to transfer - including all the instrumental mixes from every solo album I've produced.

Can you use them to rerecord and release the albums on Kritzerland?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2007, 11:06:20 PM »

So sorry to hear about Thommie Walsh. A talented performer and a director/choreographer.

I believe he is third original cast member to pass. The first was Michel Stuart (Greg) and then Clive Clerk who played Larry. Michel went on to produce Nine and My Favorite Year.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #304 on: June 16, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »

Well, I have a matinee in about 13 hours, and I'm hoping to get another run in in the morning too, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: June 16, 2007, 11:28:28 PM »

I'm here because I've been awakened by a disturbing dream about a child mysteriously dying en route to a Chicago 1903 performance of BABES IN TOYLAND.  The name that sticks in my head, now that I'm awake, is Taylor Kincaid, who was very young, and my only memory is that it was a matinee, the mother was young with two children and in my dream she sewed a button on Taylor's coat in a restaurant before they left for the theatre.  She had a letter with her recommending a hotel. This dream is unsettling for several reasons: it seemed very real, I believe this is a true story but I can't tell you why and  the plot of BABES IN TOYLAND involves a toymaker intent on building toys to kill and maim children. Of course in the show, no children die but this dream freaks me out a bit.  I've been up googling the name Taylor Kincaid.  Nada.

On a CLOSER thought, is the coroner's being named Dr Crippin an homage to the famoous Dr Hawley Harvey Crippen who killed his shrewish wife for the love of beautiful Ethel le Neve?  Every time his name comes up, I laugh!

And, I'm back to bed, hopefully with no more dreams of Taylor Kincaid.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2007, 12:15:17 AM »

Greetings...

Just discovered something interesting about DBF... He is a big fan of First Nudie Musical.

He saw the movie when it played at UWSP when he was in college.

You JUST found this out?  This NEVER came up in conversation??  How long has he been your DBF??

;)

« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 12:28:23 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2007, 12:31:12 AM »

Just back from show and dinner and must now hurry and write notes.  Very sorry to hear about Thommie.  I recorded Whorehouse with Ann-Margret, which was his production, although I didn't meet him then.  But I did work closely with him when I did the first recording of Donna McKechnie's act and we really go on well.  

George

« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2007, 12:44:26 AM »

Tomorrow, I'm going to see the last performance of "Take Me Out" at Olympia Little Theatre.  Everyone that I've talked to who's seen it has thought that it was very good...and not just for the nekkid men!  So, I'm glad that I'll be able to see it...and not just for the nekkid men. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2007, 12:56:29 AM »

Gratuitous Post # 309. :D

George

« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2007, 01:08:13 AM »

I've been waiting for Sunday's notes but I literally cannot keep my eyes open.  Since I've been yawning for almost an hour (and I'm sorry to do this, BK), I must Wussburger and go to sleep.  

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow ::) (a Saturday Night Live reference). ;D
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up