Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LIFE IS A BANQUET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT  (Read 25250 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LIFE IS A BANQUET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:06:27 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were a banquet, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home or something like that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 12:00:50 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:LIFE IS A BANQUET OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 12:08:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: CELERITY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:35 AM »

Welcome twenty GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »

Will we never get to page two?  I wish we could get there with CELERITY.

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 12:18:23 AM »

A very happy birthday to Mr Barkalot.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:20:31 AM »

TOTD: Louise Fletcher's character  in "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest".
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:22:13 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Miss Karen

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 01:22:56 AM »

The little girl in The Bad Seed.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 02:15:05 AM »

Angela Lansbury in "The Manchurian Candidate"
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 02:24:59 AM »

I should be in bed.  But before I go...last night, we had a complete run-through of "Shrew" and it all worked!  The entire show (with intermission) ran about two hours and 20 minutes, which is pretty close to what the director wants!  I just need to change where I do one costume change and I'll be all set!  If any PNW Hainsies & Kimlets want to see a different kind of "Taming of the Shrew," tickets[/color] are available...a LOT of tickets are still available. ::) And they're only $12!

Theater Artists Olympia is proud to announce their upcoming production of William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Katherina Minola has a problem. She is stuck in Hades; her dad is the devil; her sister is a strumpet; and she is surrounded by buffoons. He father has decreed that before her sister can marry, Kate herself must wed. Enter larger than life Petruchio; he has decided to make this "Devils Dam" his wife. He may wed her, but before he will bed her, he must win her love.

This is Shakespeare at his bawdy best. Be ready for an evening full of clowns, devils, pirates, and fallen angels. Join Olympia's most eclectic theater troupe for Shakespeare's Shrew in Hades.

What: William Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew Directed by pug Bujeaud
Who: Theater Artists Olympia (TAO)
When: June 29,30, July 6,7,8,13,14 at 8:00 P.M. July 1,8,15 at 2:00 P.M.
Where: Kenneth J Minnaert Center for the Arts, Black Box Theater at South Puget Sound Community College
Tickets: $12.00

TAO is a collective of local artists with a commitment to producing high quality theater. TAO's focus is on producing materials that are thematically more provocative, and interpretations of classics more experimental than generally found in the Olympia area. Our mission is to present creative theatrical pieces that are under-represented in the community.

TAO is a non -profit 501(c)3 company.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 03:41:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: CELERITY!
This sounds like someone was trying to write "celebrity" and "celery" too quickly and smooshed them together.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 04:11:11 AM »

Work beckons.

It will not be fun, I predict.  We've the start of Fourth of July Week hitting today, and we're gonna be slammed with customers.  Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, but the touristas on these holidays take everything so personally.  

It's a holiday, people!  Relax, let the good times flow.

That translates as: Stop being total jerks!

*sigh*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 04:11:56 AM »

Hi, Ben.  Bye, Ben.  Give your oatmeal bowl an affectionate scrub for me.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 04:17:46 AM »

And now I'm here alone. I caught up and Woody left.

It looks like bad weather on and off all day in NY. I know Barnum already has travel issues. It may even affect AMTRAK (hope not). MusicGuy was lucky to come in earlier in the week.

So are we still meeting at 6pm at the Information Booth at Grand Central?

As I mentioned earlier in the week (if I recall correctly), Anthony won't be joining us. He will be in New Jersey (why is it "in New Jersey" and "on Long Island") at a family BBQ. Relatives are visiting from Florida and he's going out to join the crew.

I hope to have lunch with MusicGuy this afternoon. He has my work phone number so I will sit by my telephone working on AT&T and counting the hours until his call  :D

Ben

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 04:18:15 AM »

I must wash my bowl.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 04:18:32 AM »

Hi, Fred!

Ben

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 04:19:28 AM »

In honor of Francois (I know he's on vacation so he won't be here for 3 weeks), I'm listening to Friday Night is Music Night.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 04:20:04 AM »

As I end my frenzy I say goodbye for now (a Sondheim reference).

FJL

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 04:36:55 AM »

Hi Ben.  or did I miss you while I was catching up and washing my Special K cereal bowl.

FJL

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 04:38:03 AM »

Are there any HHW group plans for Saturday late afternoon or evening that I can join?

Ben

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 04:39:53 AM »

I don't know about Saturday plans. We will probably discuss that this evening.

Fred, we are going to get a reputation if we both wash our bowls at the same time.

Tomovoz

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:26 AM »

Morning gentlemen.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 04:43:07 AM »

DR Ben do you know of "Hinge & Bracket"? I've been listening to them today. (saw them back in about 1976!).  DVD will hopefully be out from the BBC before Christmas.
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 04:53:43 AM »

DR Ben do you know of "Hinge & Bracket"? I've been listening to them today. (saw them back in about 1976!).  DVD will hopefully be out from the BBC before Christmas.

No, I've never heard of

Hinge & Bracket

But I did find a Web site (see above) so now I know who and what they are.

FJL

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 04:54:20 AM »

OK, to be honest, I didn't really "wash" my cereal bowl, I just ran water in it and it will be washed by the dishwasher later.  :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 04:54:36 AM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 04:55:35 AM »

By dishwasher, I mean the electronic dishwashing machine, not Skip.

Ben

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 05:01:45 AM »

Not to beat a dead horse but Stephen Farrow did post here. That was back before the board changed format. There are posts in June of 2002 and July of 2003, back in the day when FreedUnit was a poster and all sorts of other people.

He is also a registered user on this board although he has never posted. His user name is sfarrow.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 05:03:37 AM »

OK, to be honest, I didn't really "wash" my cereal bowl, I just ran water in it and it will be washed by the dishwasher later.  :)

Lucky you, to have such a convenience in your high-toned luxury apartment building  ;)

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 05:21:51 AM »

DR Tomovoz, I also have David Campbell's latest CD...I think I got it from Footlight Records [R.I.P.].

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 05:22:36 AM »

Quick Thursday morning greetings before we get our taxi to Union Station!  With the weather issues, DH Richard and I are glad we're traveling by train today!

See y'all later!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 05:23:52 AM »

Good morning, all!  I was awake a little before 7 AM to find DR MBarnum's message about the flight delay.  I called his cell about 30 minutes ago and got no answer so I am hoping that he is now en route.

Yes, everyone: 6:00 pm, Grand Central Station, near the Information Booth in the center of the room.  I look forward to it immensely.

Much as I think XANADU is essentially a brilliantly polished turd, the Playbill article with the librettist and director was impossible to read after Mr Ashley a director I've worked with admitted to seing the film of XANADU 148 times!(???). Well, good for him. Since I've worked on a musical with him, I suspect the nearly-complete stylization is from the choreographer whose work was wonderful. All in all, though, I had a great evening with DRs MusicGuy, Jose, and Jason.  I didn't even mention how wonderful the food at Sardi's was because the company, their kindness, and good humor were so much wonderful.

And now, I'm very uncertain about my feelings for this new toilet seat.

TOD:
     Louise Fletcher in ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
     Robert Mitchum in NIGHT OF THE HUNTER
    John McDaniel in the ROSIE show
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Birthday Felicitations to Mark Bakalor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/move]
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up