News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SOCKS  (Read 28152 times)

Ben

Re:SOCKS
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »

Let us move.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2007, 11:55:54 AM »

Ditto Vibes to George for Shrew!

And thank you!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »

And for George, considering his show...

BREAK A HORN!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

FJL

« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »

Back from lunch with MusicGuy, Jose, MBarnum and Jason.  Can't post much now because I have to get off the computer, but it was a grand and delicious time.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2007, 12:18:46 PM »

Larry...since you're free during lunch...and since MBarnum's camera is in your apartment...why not surprise the young tyke with some unexpected photos?

With my luck he'd post them here!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2007, 12:44:28 PM »

Here's a wonderful way to start the weekend: watch Ray Bethell, Multiple World Champion kite flyer, flying 3 kites to "Flower Duet" by Delibes. This is a thing of beauty.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIvldN5fM4s

Wow!  That is so cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2007, 12:47:08 PM »

And the word of the day is: VICTUAL!
Victuals are my line of work!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2007, 01:07:27 PM »

Another wonderful NY get-together was had last night. Leading people through the crowds of Grand Central Station to the 6 Train was quite the job.
What?  You didn't treat them all to your Roz Russell impersonation and get them all in a conga line?  It would have been a lot simpler.

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »

Broken legs wishes for DRs George and Cason on their opening nights.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »

I managed to get a 40 minute nap before gettin cleaned up and going out on my errands.

Hopefully, I can make up for the lack of sleep tonight in a big way. I was kind of surprised that I didn't get sleepy this afternoon after eating lunch, but I didn't.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »

In today's mail:

36 hours of Classic Hercule Poirot mysteries.

And.....

...fresh from an auction on Ebay a week ago....

...the Feb. 13, 1939 signed contract between Samuel Goldwyn Inc., Ltd., and Alfred Newman for Newman's services to compose the music for "Wuthering Heights."

It has instantly become my most prized posssession (because I'm an Alfred Newman-aholic).

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:15:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2007, 01:15:01 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with some MURDER SHE WROTE episodes. I began with one that featured many of Angela's friends from MGM and other studios: Kathryn Grayson, Gloria DeHaven, Ruth Roman, and Julie Adams and Graham Jarvis and Fran Ryan were also guest stars in the episode where a former student of Jessica's writes a PEYTON PLACE-style book about Cabot Cove barely disguising the many town characters.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2007, 01:16:21 PM »

Opening Night Broken Legs to our Opening Night Guys!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2007, 01:17:08 PM »

Another MURDER SHE WROTE episode followed, this one featuring Michael Learned, Don Galloway, Georgia Brown, Steve Forrest, and Robert Klein among the guest stars involved in the murder of a ghostwriter fronting for a recently deceased celebrated author.

Matt H.

« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2007, 01:22:29 PM »

Next I watched the dismal, unentertaining QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE. Even on a camp level, I didn't find it much fun. I think Zsa Zsa is one of those folks who got worse as an actress as she gained celebrity. She gets top billing, but she's totally wretched.

Funny, Joi Lansing is unbilled as the left-behind girl friend of womanizer Patrick Waltz, but she's more gorgeous than any of the so-called bombshells on the planet Venus.

It was fun finding some costumes borrowed from FORBIDDEN PLANET used in this movie.

George

« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »

Funny, I'd gotten an e-mail from the exec director of NYMF several days ago welcoming the show and me - he was the only one I hadn't written to, so I dropped him a line telling him that I didn't seem to be able to get responses or info - within ten minutes of sending it, I got the call I'd been waiting for - and the news is GREAT - we're in the biggest venue, the Acorn Theater right on Theatre Row.  200 seats, a very big stage, and I couldn't be happier.  We open on Thursday September 20th and our final performance is on September 30th.

Congratulations, BK!  I wish I could be there.

Matt H.

« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2007, 01:24:54 PM »

I completed my afternoon viewing continuing with THE ALPHABET MURDERS. Tony Randall's French/Belgian accent comes and goes rather alarmingly in this, and it doesn't have nearly the sense of fun of the Margaret Rutherford/Miss Marple films. The best moment in this is when Margaret Rutherford and Stringer Davis amble into the frame as Miss Marple and Mr. Stringer commenting on how obvious a mystery this one is to solve.

Still haven't quite finished it, though. I will when I go back down.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2007, 01:36:30 PM »

I haven't tried Veggie Bootie (it is a silly name), but just in case I passed the info along to Bryan & Craig.  I don't know about Craig but I suspect Bryan would pass on this product due to the name.  I'm guessing the packaging is aimed at children.
Not really.  There's an entire line of products from the same chip-maker.  It's more aimed at young, supposedly with-it adults.

Children eat Goldfish.

George

« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »

And Thanks to JRand, Elmore, Jeanne, FJL, Miss Karen, der Brucer, Matt H. and DearReaderLaura for the Opening Night Vibes! :-*

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2007, 01:40:08 PM »

Strange, how we're wishing broken legs for DRs Cason and George, but quite the opposite for our esteemed BK.

Vibeage to all three, just the same.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

FJL

« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2007, 01:46:34 PM »

Just dropping by, and didn't want to leave without posting. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2007, 01:49:06 PM »

Back from Teddy, and I am now devastingly good looking in an aged way, like cheddar cheese.  Next to me at the salon was Ileanna Douglas.  

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2007, 01:49:50 PM »

Very busy at work today, as the weekenders started to arrive and shop for what they'll need.

Tomorrow should be totally insane, but I'll get to miss some of the insanity because I start work at six-thirty in the morning.  Of course, that's insane enough all on it's own.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #173 on: June 29, 2007, 01:51:11 PM »

I'm certain that Illeana Douglas didn't end up as suave and debonaire as our BK.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: June 29, 2007, 01:52:41 PM »

I had to repress the Skinner/Ripley discs.  They were supposed to be delivered here on Monday.  It is now Friday, and I can pretty much say they won't be here today.  I have told the lady I do this through, that if I don't at least have 100 discs by end of today, she can pull the order and pull all my other projects out of there, including Milla, which they've had for two weeks and which I gave them until July 9th to do, but I now am too angry to take that chance, unless they guarantee it in writing and that they will be financially responsible if they don't deliver on time.  That's the way it's going to be from now on.  I am so sick of amateurs - if a pressing plant is professional and they promise a date and then miss that date for five consecutive days, then they deserve to go out of business.  And poor Emily Skinner is doing a limited run of Witches Of Eastwick and has no CDs to sell (I sent her my last fourteen, which she got on Monday).  Infuriating.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2007, 01:55:10 PM »

This morning I went for a walk and this is what I saw:

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

George

« Reply #176 on: June 29, 2007, 02:10:37 PM »

Thanks for the vibes, Woody!

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: June 29, 2007, 02:16:32 PM »

Back from Teddy, and I am now devastingly good looking in an aged way, like cheddar cheese.  Next to me at the salon was Ileanna Douglas.  

. . . whom I've been enjoying in ACTION!, her illfated series of a few years ago. I still have the second disc in that set to watch.

After I watch PITFALL tonight, I may put in ACTION! and watch the rest of those episodes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #178 on: June 29, 2007, 02:19:15 PM »

I'm certain that Illeana Douglas didn't end up as suave and debonaire as our BK.

Certainly not like cheddar cheese.

What is it, fish?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:19:47 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: June 29, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

Well, I guess it's time to head downstairs and to that most hateful of tasks, mopping the kitchen floor. Then, some reading and tfinally back to the den for some evening viewing.

WBBL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up