News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: SOCKS  (Read 27565 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
SOCKS
« on: June 29, 2007, 12:00:26 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had the history of socks, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're trying to find their socks because they are tired of walking around in the slime barefoot.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:00:39 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SOCKS
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 12:04:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: VICTUAL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 12:05:02 AM »

Tomorrow I will be looking for some interesting VICTUALS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 12:05:16 AM »

Will we never get to page two?

Tomovoz

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 12:09:03 AM »

TOTD:
DVD: Series 3: Deadwood
CDs: Deadwood:  Music from the series
        Jane Siberry: When I Was A Boy
        Hinge and Bracket
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 12:10:36 AM »

I hope the shrew was tamed successfully tonight DR George.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 12:30:52 AM »

I hope the shrew was tamed successfully tonight DR George.

We had a great show last night (Thursday) at our final dress rehearsal. :) There were about 30-40 people in the audience and they actually laughed during the performance...and the best part was that they laughed at funny stuff that was happening and was supposed to be funny!  Overall, a great way to start a run.  I don't know if anyone flubbed any lines.  I didn't notice any.  And I got all my costume changes and everything went well.  Tonight, we have the official opening night and a party at a cast member's house.  Then, we have nine more performances over three weekends, and we're done! ;D

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 12:32:35 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 12:32:56 AM »

Good to hear DR George.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 12:33:52 AM »

Leg breaks for opening night.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 12:44:07 AM »

Holy mother of pearl, I just went into the bedroom and somehow slammed my foot into the wheel of the bed - I thought I was going to DIE - three of the toes became gushers and I finally got multiple bandages around them and the bleeding has stopped, but oy are they hurting and throbbing.  I don't think I broke anything (at least I hope not since I am, at the moment, sans insurance) - I can walk around, the toes are just throbbing a little.  How I'll be in the morning we'll have to wait and see.  I hate when that happens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 12:44:56 AM »

Always nice to have fourteen GUESTS here, sitting there like so much fish while I am in PAIN.

George

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 12:48:54 AM »

Leg breaks for opening night.

Thanks!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 12:50:10 AM »

Holy mother of pearl, I just went into the bedroom and somehow slammed my foot into the wheel of the bed - I thought I was going to DIE - three of the toes became gushers and I finally got multiple bandages around them and the bleeding has stopped, but oy are they hurting and throbbing.  I don't think I broke anything (at least I hope not since I am, at the moment, sans insurance) - I can walk around, the toes are just throbbing a little.  How I'll be in the morning we'll have to wait and see.  I hate when that happens.

:o

~~~Vibes for BK's Toes!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 01:00:31 AM »

I hope I'll be able to put on shoes tomorrow.

George

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 01:03:26 AM »

It's time for me to sleep, perchance to ... sleep. ::)

Good night, BK and Tomovoz! ;D

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 01:20:45 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toe vibes!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

singdaw

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 02:17:47 AM »

So wait...

That sneaky DR MusicGuy had TWO lunches yesterday...

First with DR Ben, and then later with DR JoseSPiano?

How does he maintain that trim physique?   ;)

singdaw

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 02:20:19 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***HEALING TOE VIBES***[/color][/size][/move]
to bk!

Maybe it would have gone better if you were wearing SOCKS?

singdaw

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 02:21:23 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***BREAK-A-LEG OPENING NIGHT VIBES***[/color][/size][/move]
to DR George!

singdaw

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 02:22:21 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]***BREAK-A-LEG OPENING NIGHT VIBES***[/color][/size][/move]
to DR Cason!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:22:40 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 02:28:31 AM »

Today my DH and I fly to Chicago for a bar mitzvah of the son of dear friends of ours.  Jonathan is a delightful young man.  Even so, we pray for the continued good health of his parents, because if anything were to happen to them, we are named as Jonathan's guardians.  Which would certainly be a lifestyle change for us!

singdaw

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 02:46:19 AM »

DR Rodzinski -

***CONGRATULATIONS***[/color][/size]
on your soon-to-be-announced new venture!  Very excited for you... :)

singdaw

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 02:54:12 AM »

DR Ginny -

It was so lovely to meet you and your DH Richard.  Glad you had a good convention, and best wishes for the rest of your vacation.

And THANK YOU very much for the "door prizes!"   :)

singdaw

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 03:01:14 AM »

DRs MBarnum and MusicGuy -

I am so happy that I had a chance to meet you, and regret very much that I shall not have an opportunity to spend more time with you for the duration of your visits.  Enjoy the remainder of your trips, and safe and pleasant journies home!   :)

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 03:25:25 AM »

It is going to be a very long day.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ben

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 04:07:39 AM »

I was sitting at the wrong end of the table! I didn't hear anything about Rod'z yet-to-be announced venture.

singdaw

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 04:15:47 AM »

Oh, DR Ben - I didn't mean to slight you...it was a great pleasure meeting you as well, and your voice in person is just as sonorous as it sounds on the radio/Internet!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 04:16:17 AM »

Now...I must pack.

Smooches, kids!

Ben

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 04:27:28 AM »

Another wonderful NY get-together was had last night. Leading people through the crowds of Grand Central Station to the 6 Train was quite the job. We all got down the stairs just as the correct train approached. Ginny asked how I knew it was the correct train. It was coming in on the local track and we were going to Astor Place, 5 stops away on the local line so it could not be any other train  ;D

Larry, Singdaw and Jose, in an attempt to lose us in the crowd, decided to enter the train through another door. They missed Michael Barnum's heroic behavior. He saved a mere slip of a girl from being caught between the closing train doors. We all began talking and she was fascinated by this odd group of people heading down to Little India for food. She recommended a place in the other Manhattan Little India on 26th Street but by that time it was too late.

We arrived at Astor Place, got off the train and began our trek through the much changed East Village. I pointed out the Public Theatre (where Chorus Line began) and

Cooper Union

It's a very interesting place. Check out the link and learn about some of New York's mid-1800s history.

We then went to Taj Mahal for dinner. While dinner and the company was, as usual, sparkling, the service was not up to par, but still, a good time was had by all. Much food was consumed and much more laughter and witty repartee was exchanged.

The Australian Ice Cream was a great way to top off the meal. We walked over almost to Avenue A on 8th Street. When we entered, there were a couple of people at tables. I guess people just know that Hainsies and Kimmlets know the hot spots because by the time we left the place was hopping. There was a line almost out the door. I had some wonderful chocolate custard ice cream as we walked back toward 3rd Avenue. Oh, yes, we did have a stop at the aforementioned Bollywood DVD/Music store. We got to hear hysterical commentary by Elmore on the Bollywood movie running on the television in the window of the store. Some of us did enter the store to make sure Barnum had not fainted in pleasure at being in a temple of Bollywood. I think the clerk was happy and surprised to find such a knowledgeable young, non-Indian man to purchase his products.

We finally made it to 3rd Avenue and I broke off to walk home while the others got into various cabs to head uptown. Since most of them have posted I assume they all made it home without incident (though there has been no posting by Barnum, I hope the trip to the Boat Basin with the burlap bag wasn't made in the middle of the night by an exhausted Elmore  ;))

Anthony was glad to hear about the good times but sorry to miss the event. He also missed a wonderful lunch but he will get to see MusicGuy when we meet for breakfast tomorrow morning before MG takes flight back to Phoenix.

Anthony had a wonderful time visiting with his relatives from Florida and though he missed the fun in New York he knows that Hainsies and Kimmlets can't stay apart for long (we're like long-lost siblings) and there will be more chances to see you all again.

It's time to end my novel and do the obvious. Who knows who has come and gone since I began this story.

Later, gaters.

Ben

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 04:28:58 AM »

And we should move this on to Page 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up