Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: LOSING MY MIND  (Read 32354 times)

Miss Karen

Re:LOSING MY MIND
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 06:20:13 AM »

I <heart> Goofus!

:)

DITTO! Sherlock of the Giant Paws is so adorable! If I knew how, I'd post a photo of my dog, who has many pet names -- one of which is Doofus!

Miss Karen

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 06:21:06 AM »

DR Jason - thanks for the great photos.  Cute as a button!

DITTO! I just can't say it enough -- I love photo days at HHWay!

Miss Karen

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 06:23:39 AM »

DR Edisaurus - can't wait to meet you [finally] and DH Greg, too!

Well, DR SeeSaw -- what am I chopped liver?  I'm coming to NYC so can't you wait to meet me?

(Alas, poor DH has to work - someonehas to pay the bills around here so the DW can jet-set off to the Big Apple).

singdaw

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 06:29:03 AM »

what am I chopped liver?

Of course not, dear!

I was just responding to DR Edisaurus's direct post last night.  Of course it will be a delight meeting you as well, and all other DRs who attend.

I mean, without you [and your DH], we wouldn't have DR Cason, and without DR Cason, we wouldn't have a proper Brain, now, would we?   :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:30:37 AM by singdaw »

Miss Karen

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 06:29:47 AM »

**shameless plug!!**

For those NYC DRs who are not aware, DR Cason will be here  performing, in advance of The Brain.

You can catch him in the musical BUKOWSICAL!, part of The New York International Fringe Festival.  Written by Spencer Green & Gary Stockdale.  BUKOWSICAL! takes the form of a backer's audition held by an edgy fictional Los Angeles-based theatre troupe, the Sacred Angel Fist Circle of Note Gang (SAFCNG), trying to raise money for a (misguided) musical about the great besotted writer Charles "Buk" Bukowski.

DATES: Sat, 8/11 @ 7:30pm, Sun, 8/12 @ noon,
Tues, 8/14 @ 10pm, Fri, 8/17 @ 3pm &
Sat, 8/18 @ 3:30pm

THEATRE: The Bleecker Street Theatre
45 Bleecker Street (@ Lafayette)

TICKETS: $15 ~ Seniors $10 – call for Fringe Pass
RESERVATIONS: New York: (212)279-4488
Outside NY: (888)FringeNYC (credit card only)
or www.FringeNYC.org

Shameless plugs are always welcomed -- thanks SingSong!  He's the understudy, but it looks like he'll get to go on opening night, Aug. 11. He's the understudy for all the male roles, but the main guy he's been shadowing has a family wedding that weekend, so it looks like Case will get the chance. We thought it ain't gonna happen, but it just so happened that Bukowsical drew that performance slot so it looks like the lucky break gods are smiling on him.

singdaw

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 06:32:54 AM »

DR Mizz Karen...well that's great news!!  Especially since I had just purchased my ticket...for opening night, Aug 11th!!!  :)

Miss Karen

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 06:34:42 AM »

Of course not, dear!

Whew, that's a relief!  I wouldn't be able to sleep nights thinking you were thinking I was chopped liver...

Miss Karen

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 06:35:34 AM »

DR Mizz Karen...well that's great news!!  Especially since I had just purchased my ticket...for opening night, Aug 11th!!!  :)

See what I mean ... the lucky break gods are busy here at HHWay ...

singdaw

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »

Have some pâté, mother darling...

singdaw

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 06:38:53 AM »

BTW, DR Miss Karen, the press release was a little bit misleading...it mentioned the entire cast and named DR Cason, but didn't mention that he was understudying.

But it all worked out!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 06:46:29 AM »

Miss K, when will you be in NY? I can't wait to meet you! And of course, your progeny! And Benjamin Clark, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Miss Karen

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 06:48:44 AM »

BTW, DR Miss Karen, the press release was a little bit misleading...it mentioned the entire cast and named DR Cason, but didn't mention that he was understudying.

But it all worked out!

It seems that way, said with fingers crossed (I'm trying to avoid the would definitely since I don't want to jinx the deal since you never know with actors -- the guy may decide to not go to the wedding at the last minute... ::))

Edisaurus

« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 06:51:38 AM »

**shameless plug!!**

Note to Drawstring---it's not a shameless plug when it's not your own play/film. And even when it is, at HHW there is no shame in promoting your own projects.

THANK GOD!  ;D
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Miss Karen

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 06:54:36 AM »

Miss K, when will you be in NY? I can't wait to meet you! And of course, your progeny! And Benjamin Clark, too!

That last week of September -- I'm still deciding on the exact day to come -- I'd love to see opening night, but I'm Asst. Director for our theatre's musical here -- Suburb -- and that's our closing weekend (I'm thinking my work will be done by then -- but I haven't approached the director yet -- but they may not appreciate my not being there to help strike the set and clean up -- but they all adore Cason so maybe they'll cut me some slack) or then the 22 or 23 to Oct. 1 Can't wait to me you and all the NYC HHWers and others converging for the event!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:56:00 AM by Miss Karen »

singdaw

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 06:54:59 AM »

it's not a shameless plug when it's not your own play/film.

;D

Ah, then it's just a blameless plug!

Miss Karen

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2007, 06:56:53 AM »

;D

Ah, then it's just a blameless plug!

I bet DR Jose will be happy to hear that ...

Miss Karen

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2007, 07:03:11 AM »

Gotta scoot!  Happy Mid-Week Vibes to All !!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2007, 07:08:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: CADUCITY!
CADUCITY - someplace like Leisure World.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2007, 07:11:19 AM »

Yes, I've been E&T.

We've been busy at work, what with the tourist season.

And it's taken a little while for my meds to kick back in, and I've learned it's best to never post when depressed - I can never tell what idiotic thing I'll be writing.

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2007, 07:16:13 AM »

Der Brucer finally finished Deathly Hallows.  Fletcher should be happier now - he was getting so fed up with der B reading all the time that he knocked the book out of der B's hands and put his head on it, demanding some attention now!

I've just a few pages left in Zen of Fish - I've promised Chrissy from the seafood department that I'd loan it to her.  Her mate, Bill (meat department), should be getting Charcuterie back to me soon, too - he's impressed enough that he wants his own copy.

Yep, we're playing musical chairs with books around here.

(Around here = Rehoboth)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:19:08 AM by S. Woody White »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2007, 07:18:11 AM »

I need a haircut.   :P

Time to try catching up around here.

(Around here = HHW)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:19:37 AM by S. Woody White »

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2007, 07:24:14 AM »

DRs Matt H and RLP - I hesitate to mention it, but my MGM Musicals Vol. 2 box did arrive from Amazon yesterday.

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2007, 07:29:24 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  It's a short night when I've worked until 9pm (as I did last night) and have to be back here at 9am (as I did this morning).  Yawn!

Today I have to look into flights to NYC and fill out the paperwork here for approval of the business part of the trip that I'm now referring to as our "NYMF Week."  I think we'll aim to see The Brain on Sept. 30 and Such Good Friends and Starfighter both on Oct. 3.

DH Richard and I will be in the city Sept. 29-Oct. 7, so it looks like our visit will overlap with DR Edi's and DR Miss Karen's.  Won't that be fun?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Edisaurus

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2007, 07:32:34 AM »

DH Richard and I will be in the city Sept. 29-Oct. 7, so it looks like our visit will overlap with DR Edi's and DR Miss Karen's.  Won't that be fun?

Yes, yes, yes!!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2007, 07:32:55 AM »

Note to Drawstring---it's not a shameless plug when it's not your own play/film. And even when it is, at HHW there is no shame in promoting your own projects.

THANK GOD!  ;D
Better a shameless plug than a phameless slug.

(Just to be spooneristic.)

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2007, 07:34:28 AM »

(Just to be spooneristic.)

Groovy!    8)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2007, 07:43:37 AM »

Here's a question for our esteemed BK:

Have you ever had hush puppies?  What did you think of them?

By which I mean, the corn meal treats sometimes served with southern cooking, particularly with pulled pork and the like.  Not the shoes, which I can't think would taste very good.

I served up some very good ham a few nights ago, and made hush puppies as the main side dish, using a recipe in the Lee Brothers Southern Cookbook.  Aside from my getting the oil too hot, the recipe made for a great number of very good hush puppies - perhaps too many for the two of us.

The problem is, I don't think it would be easy to halve the recipe, since it calls for just one egg.

I suppose we could share with the real puppies, the ones who need shushing every once in a while.   ::)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2007, 07:46:06 AM »

I'm up.  Feeling like I fought a battle in my sleep.  No question for bk at this time.  But like George, I reserve to ask one during the day.

Tonight, Mom and I are going to dinner and then to see "Hairspray".  I've heard good things about it and I'm going in with an open mind.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2007, 07:48:58 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And for some unknown reason I was up at 5:00AM?!?!?   But then, of course, fell back asleep for a few more hours.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2007, 07:49:13 AM »

The logo of the American Medical Association features a very nice caducity.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up