Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: MUCH ADO ABOUT ADO  (Read 43855 times)

Ben

Re:MUCH ADO ABOUT ADO
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 06:16:05 AM »

Well, since we're so close, welcome to Page 2

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:47 AM »

Anyone have any recommendations on antivirus/firewall software for a PC?  I've had pretty good success with Norton products over the years, but their new Norton 360 is for the birds.  It screwed up my computer AND my Internet connections and has kept me on the phone to various customer service personnel for most of the past two evenings.   :P

DR Singdaw, is Comcast your ISP?  If so, they provider their clients with a totally free and complete version of MacAfee, which I feel is the best antivirus software currently out there.  It does get a bit irksome at times--the automatic updates can be incessant and you generally have to go through a barrage of "Allow changes to registry" messages every time you install new software, but the overall protection provided can't be beat.

As far as firewalls are concerned, I use the Windows XP version.  That, coupled with the protection I have through my wireless router makes me feel safe enough.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

singdaw

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 06:53:46 AM »

No, DR DtM, I go through Verizon Fios.  But thanks for your input, and thanks also to DRs Ben and JRand56!

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 06:58:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: NUMMARY!

Get thee to a NUMMARY!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2007, 07:04:19 AM »

TOD: Favorites: BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE, VERTIGO

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2007, 07:05:47 AM »

Good morning!

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday. The weeks pass by quickly, but that may be pushing things a bit too fast.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Edisaurus

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2007, 07:07:34 AM »

Taking a cue from DR JOSE....last night I put little 1.5 ounce packages of Animal Crackers on each of the musicians music stands...

But beware: DO NOT EAT IF SEAL IS BROKEN!

Edisaurus

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2007, 07:07:54 AM »

I woke up thinking it was Wednesday!

Edisaurus

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2007, 07:08:41 AM »

Wait---MBarnum were they YOUR animal crackers?

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007, 07:09:01 AM »

I never thought Kim Novak was much of an actress, but her coldness and blankness worked beautifully in VERTIGO. I also liked her in PICNIC.

Didn't like her much in PAL JOEY, KISS ME STUPID, or BELL, BOOK, AND CANDLE where I thought everyone else acted circles around her.

I've never seen JEANNE EAGLES (that bk discussed yesterday), but I'd like to one day.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2007, 07:10:37 AM »

Those two grand cable dramas BURN NOTICE and MAD MEN, both on at 10 p.m., will undoubtedly be watched/recorded tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2007, 07:12:12 AM »

Today I'll be watching WILD HOGS, the suburban dad/biker comedy with Tim Allen, John Travolta, and William H. Macy, among others. I think there are a fair number of special features on the disc, too, so that may be my entire afternoon and evening apart from the 10 p.m. drama that I'll watch.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2007, 07:36:26 AM »

And the word of the day is: NUMMARY!
"Get thee to a NUMMARY!  Go!" said Bill Shakespeare to Ebenezer Scrooge.

(DR Edi and I obviously think alike!)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:48:39 AM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »

THE FANTASTICKS rehearsal was not pretty last night.  The show is so good, it just may survive our production, but it is NOT so hot.....it is worth about $9, though.
So, are you suggesting a re-titleing, to something like The Sorta-OK-But-Don't-Get-Your-Hopes-Up-Sticks?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2007, 07:41:49 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I got up early today to attend morning prayer and eat breakfast with Richard's class.  They're off to school and I'm off toward Milwaukee to find some shopping venues.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2007, 07:43:49 AM »

DR Ben - my tour guide at Ten Chimneys was named Margaret (Marge) Hoffman.  I cannot recommend visiting there highly enough - it is so well done, both the restoration of the houses and the exhibits and program elements in the visitor center.  And the gift shop is fantastic!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:52:42 AM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2007, 07:46:37 AM »

TOD: Favorites: BELL, BOOK AND CANDLE, VERTIGO

Have you ever tried reading the Bell Book (aka the Yellow Pages) by Candlelight?  'Tain't easy.

singdaw

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2007, 07:47:09 AM »

Glad you are having such a great time, DR Ginny!

Wishing good [& better] things for DR JRand56 and his production of The Fantasticks

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2007, 07:48:04 AM »

Going out to lunch with friends, so I think I'll head down now, possibly clean the bedroom areas, and then clean MY areas to be ready for lunch around noon.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2007, 07:53:57 AM »

Thanks, DR Singdaw!  I'll be back later to tell y'all about my shopping adventures.

Bye for now!

Miss Karen

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2007, 08:01:06 AM »

So, are you suggesting a re-titleing, to something like The Sorta-OK-But-Don't-Get-Your-Hopes-Up-Sticks?

;D -- I've seen, and been a part of, more than my fair share of shows with very similar titles ... (good one, Woodster -- one us community theatre folks can smile and chuckle at with a been there, done that sense of comradery...)

Miss Karen

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2007, 08:02:55 AM »

Thank goodness, there are enough of the ones you're really proud of sprinkled in there to make you keep going back...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:03:37 AM by Miss Karen »

Ben

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2007, 08:05:47 AM »

Ginny, glad to hear that Ten Chimneys is so good. You didn't have David's mother as a docent but I'll tell David and he'll pass on your good comments to his mother. She will be very happy to hear of another successful visit. She's very proud of her work at Ten Chimneys.

Miss Karen

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2007, 08:06:27 AM »

Speaking of which, I need to scoot -- gotta work on some blocking and choreography for tonight's rehearsal of the chorus folks. Alas, again no time to catch up on all the postings (no doubt, there are many gems as usual)...

Miss Karen

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2007, 08:07:48 AM »

oh, bk, are The Brain rehearsals going to be in a theatre, a warehouse, an alley, your sublet-to-be?

singdaw

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2007, 08:14:24 AM »

oh, bk, are The Brain rehearsals going to be in a theatre, a warehouse, an alley, your sublet-to-be?

I thought they were going to be in Levain's kitchen!   :)

singdaw

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2007, 08:14:50 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2007, 08:15:57 AM »

DR S. Woody White, I take it you finished Potter?

What about you, DR Dan (the Man)?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2007, 08:19:36 AM »

DR S. Woody White, I take it you finished Potter?

What about you, DR Dan (the Man)?
Yes, I am now de-Potted.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2007, 08:27:48 AM »

Wishing good [& better] things for DR JRand56 and his production of The Fantasticks

May his plum never get too ripe!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up