Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BALL PEEN HAMMER  (Read 35521 times)

Jason

Re:THE BALL PEEN HAMMER
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2007, 09:06:01 AM »

DR Danise: I'm so glad they found something wrong with you!! I know...that sounds odd, but now they can move forward with fixing it! And trust me - the benefits of the CPAP machine far outweigh any initial discomfort from wearing the mask. BELIEVE ME - it's worth it. I've had a CPAP for nearly 3 years and it has literally changed my life. Aside from the immediate results - feeling rested and alert - a lot of other physiological changes will occur that you may not even notice - lowered blood pressure, increased blood oxygen levels, weight loss, improved mental and emotional health, increased concentration and memory and so much more...

And don't worry about the fit of the mask. They come in various shapes and sizes...some are full-face, including your mouth, but mine only covers my nose. Others insert directly into the nostrils, leaving the rest of your face completely uncovered. I took to the mask the first night they put it on me at my final sleep study and could not wait to get one of my own when I got home the next day.

Best of luck to you, and in other news...keep your chin up! We're all here for you... :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:07:55 AM by Jason »

Julie

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »

Good morning Julie.  Have we met yet?  I've been so out of things these past couple of months.  

Hi Danise.  I started posting several weeks ago.  Hello to you!  I'm sorry to hear of all the issues you've been dealing with lately. - Sounds like you've been having a very difficult time.  Hope things go well for you from now on.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2007, 09:09:22 AM »

TCB....you're not far from wrong.

Perhaps they do, but who is the one with the most theater experience - you, or your castmates?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Julie

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2007, 09:10:55 AM »

Have a good day, all.  Catch you all later.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:04 AM »

Der Brucer - Thanks for your note.

Jason

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:14 AM »

BK, I did find an email from Michael Cassara which sounded positive but vague. He wrote:  I will check for sure later, but I believe they were both two who needed to be danced first, and therefore likely being set up for Wednesday - so they might not have been given calls yet.  

This only puzzles me since I don't understand why they wouldn't have been notified before August 1!

Not to seem narcisistic, but...is that email in reference to me? If so, I hate to say that I won't be able to make it on Wednesday. Since I hadn't heard anything about an audition appointment (and I thought the auditions were Monday and/or Tuesday, anyway), I picked up a matinee on Wednesday. If he contacts me in the next 12 hours I might be able to find a replacement for that shift, but even that's looking unlikely.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:20:20 AM by Jason »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2007, 09:18:21 AM »

elmore, my guess is our casting person has way too much on his plate.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »

Jose, you're in good company - none of us know where the casting sessions are.  My stage manager is on top of it.  I'll also make sure I see the Wednesday list to make sure everyone who should be on it is on it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2007, 09:19:55 AM »

How wonderful to see DR Danise posting, even if I missed a chance to say hello.  Danise, you remain in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope the CPAP machine wil turn out to be a blessing for you.  I have several friends who have them; and, like Jason, they swear that the machine has changed their lives for the better.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2007, 09:27:10 AM »

Not to seem narcisistic, but...is that email in reference to me? If so, I hate to say that I won't be able to make it on Wednesday. Since I hadn't heard anything about an audition appointment (and I thought the auditions were Monday and/or Tuesday, anyway), I picked up a matinee on Wednesday. If he contacts me in the next 12 hours I might be able to find a replacement for that shift, but even that's looking unlikely.

Jason, did you not receive the email I sent you last night?

As I said, I do not understand how I can told on July 13 that people will be notified in the next week about an audition time and now it's three weeks later!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 09:30:43 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2007, 09:27:46 AM »

Jason, did you not receive the email Isent you last night?

As I said, I do not understand how I can told on July 13 that peole will be notified in the next week about an audition time and now it's three weeks later!

As my dad said, don't tell me it's raining when all you're doing is pissing on my shoes.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2007, 09:30:40 AM »

Good morning from a hot and steamy New York. Even though it's hot and steamy I am defrosting the freezer. If I could have one new appliance in the kitchen it would be a frost-free refrigerator.

When Noel posted about his auditions for Such Good Friends I showed it to Anthony. He had auditioned on that day and wanted to say something to Noel. They have never met but Anthony wanted to express his appreciation to Noel for that post so I'm posting this for him (I know, I know, Anthony could post it on his own but he, like many other coupled-up posters, DerBrucer and Woody being the exception, doesn't post, not just here but anywhere). Here is Ant's response to Noel's post:

Greetings Noel!

Ben pointed out your caring, heartfelt post from two weeks ago concerning the process surrounding the NYMF auditions for your show. I have to say, I was more than moved by your concerns, and frustration with the casting process. Such as the mass of performers you need to see, wishing you had parts for everyone, and the greater amount of actors you can’t possibly have time to see at one call. And, this is a situation I now understand a bit clearer, the problem that even with all the talent putting on their best at the EPAs, those auditioning may not be the right people to play the roles!

Your thoughts were insightful and I was glad to have a point of view from the other side of the table.

Without any pressing I honestly share that regardless of casting out come I was truly happy to audition in that room with such a crowd! Aside from remarking that the table arrangement stretching in a line across the room with all of you seated behind it reminded me of the Last Supper - Was I the only one who got that image? - I saw it as a chance for a mini-cabaret performance. (I played the Ukulele and sang the 1920s song.) I was hoping in my two minute audition time slot that the good time I was having would be had by all. I think I reached my goal.

I feel so lucky to be able to audition, I enjoy it. (Then again I also enjoy jury duty, and going to the dentist.) One of the things that keeps me sane during the audition process, and from pulling out the remainder of my hair, I think, is the thought that there are roles out there for me, and if I just keep trying I’m sure to “meet one of them.”

Wishing you the very best with the production!
Cheers & a little soft-shoe,
Anthony Morelli

P.S. From the casting breakdown for “Such good friends” the bit of descriptive information I didn’t get was that the characters were wasps? For this I must chastise you. YES, you should write about the characters that come naturally, but it would be swell if you could include a few “short, ethnic, smart-alecks” in future!   :D

That's it. Back to the fridge.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 12:21:39 PM by Ben »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2007, 09:34:16 AM »

I'm off to NYPL; more names to look up in scrapbooks, the VARIETY and NY TIMES obituaries, and an interet round of historic newspapers.  Oy!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »

Ben, please tell Ant that I enjoyed reading his post to Noel (yes, I read other people's mail).  Ant certainly has the right attitude for keeping himself sane in a business that so often, works against that concept.

I do hope I will have the pleasure of meeting both, you and Ant, sometime in the not too distant future.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2007, 09:53:29 AM »

Perhaps they do, but who is the one with the most theater experience - you, or your castmates?

Even in dog years, I am ahead.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »

TOD:

Just adding to those already mentioned:

A FACE IN THE CROWD
GOODBYE, CHARLIE
STRANGERS WHEN WE MEET
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2007, 10:02:56 AM »

TOD

THE TAKING OF PELHAM 1 2 3
PLAZA SUITE
THE ODD COUPLE
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »

TOD

I rather like his TV work:

An Incident in Baltimore

Incident in a Small Town

der Brucer

You forgot the first one, The Incident, since he played lawyer Harmon Cobb thee times.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2007, 10:06:33 AM »

Hi Folks!

Long time no see, huh?   I'm still kicking but confess that some days are better then others.

Well, they finely came out with the list of position that will be effected by the lay off.  My title isn't on it--thank goodness!!  Now before we get all excited about that you have to remember that is only for now.  

Depending on how people vote in January, there could be even deeper cuts and many, many, many more lay offs/firings.  And next time we won't have a the vacant positions to cushion the blow.  

This time around the grand total of jobs lost were well over the four hundred mark.  That there were "only" 130 bodys lost was only due to the number of vacant positons.  Lord help us all come January.

Anyway, life goes on.  I can breath for a little while but I can't tell you how many nights I couldn't sleep and lay trembling in my bed because I was so scared.  I guess I'll really be a basket case come January....

~~~Continued Job Vibes for Danise!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »

The Atlantic Monthly | March 1994

More than 80 percent of all U.S. bridges are located east of the geographic midpoint between the coasts. The skewed distribution is due in part to the way the Midwest and Great Plains states were settled--in the so-called "township-and-range" pattern, which resulted in the laying down of land parcels and roadways in evenly spaced grids; in order to maintain this even spacing, many bridges had to be built over small waterways. Iowa, for example contains more bridges than Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming combined.
der Brucer

Uh, couldn't another part of the reason that "80 percent of all U.S. bridges are located east of the geographic midpoint between the two coasts" be that most of the population of the U.S. is located east of the geographic midpoint between the two coasts?  People/governments are a lot less likely to build bridges where no one is likely to be travelling.  (Unless there's pork involved, of course.)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2007, 10:13:25 AM »

This is a totally meaningless post, being made simply to reach a milestone.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2007, 10:21:01 AM »

This is a totally meaningless post, being made simply to reach a milestone.

Congratulations, Woody, I guess I reached one, too.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2007, 10:22:25 AM »

Congrats to Woody's 10000th Post! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2007, 10:24:20 AM »

Congrats on your milestone, Woody

FJL

« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »

Belated congrats on your milestone, TCB.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »

Thank you, Fred.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2007, 10:31:22 AM »

A co-worker of mine (Deborah) is graduating from library school.  Friends of hers sent her a Bento boxed lunch for a gift.  Now, you may think that a boxed lunch as a gift is not anything special, but it reallyl is!  Everything in it is edible, even all of the flowers.  The woman who makes these has a different box for each season (summer, fall, winter, spring), but only makes 10 boxes each season, so they are rare.  Here's a picture of it:

George

« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2007, 10:32:07 AM »

Yes, Congrats to TBC, also!! ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:40 AM »

Yes, Congrats to TBC, also!! ;D

Thanks, Grogee.   :D
“One thing’s universal,

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2007, 10:34:44 AM »

Congratulations, Woody, I guess I reached one, too.
Thank-you, DR TCB, and congrats as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up